950XL Waiting Room

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I know.... I got mine. Anyway to turn off the second sim since this isn't a feature used in the US? Or how do you utilize it? It is a tad annoying to have a mini 1 next to text and phone.

You utilize it the same way you would utilize a phone with 1 SIM. Except that with a second SIM inserted you can now have 2 phone numbers on a single device and send text messages or make/receive phone calls from either number.

You can link the phone and messaging apps together to remove the extra tiles.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I know.... I got mine. Anyway to turn off the second sim since this isn't a feature used in the US? Or how do you utilize it? It is a tad annoying to have a mini 1 next to text and phone.
Sure its utilized in the US. One of the moderators uses one SIM for voice and the other for data. Some put their business and personal SIMs in the same phone so they don't have to carry two. One member plans to put their spouses SIM in at certain times so they don't need to carry both phones.

Its useful in the US. The only reason you don't see them is the carriers had a strangle hold and dual SIMs are never a good thing for them and often a bad thing.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Sure its utilized in the US. One of the moderators uses one SIM for voice and the other for data. Some put their business and personal SIMs in the same phone so they don't have to carry two. One member plans to put their spouses SIM in at certain times so they don't need to carry both phones.

Its useful in the US. The only reason you don't see them is the carriers had a strangle hold and dual SIMs are never a good thing for them and often a bad thing.

Haha, fair enough. No wife to share a sim, and only 1 plan and one number. Looks like I have some stepping up to do. Well, currently I have 2 plans, but the other is CDMA and doesn't work on the 950 xl

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think that the $99 Microsoft complete Warranty thing is worth it? I got it but might decide to forget about it and return it.... If that's even possible

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
So, no squeaking on my XL... but, my new issue is that when I went to reclaim the docking station offer, right when I checked out, they went out of stock... and now my promo code no longer works. Customer service is trying to connect me with the store from which I bought the phone... but the store doesn't have anything to do with the promo code.

Balls.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So, no squeaking on my XL... but, my new issue is that when I went to reclaim the docking station offer, right when I checked out, they went out of stock... and now my promo code no longer works. Customer service is trying to connect me with the store from which I bought the phone... but the store doesn't have anything to do with the promo code.

Balls.
Since the store is really Digital River, I wish you luck. If I recall, I couldn't enter the code until AFTER it was in my cart and I was checking out. Sounds like this could be a big problem for a lot of people (fits my perception of DR) or you were one of a tiny number who added it to the cart but they ran out before you could check out. Its their fault either way, though. These are the same people that said if the item you ordered didn't manage to arrive, well... sucks to be you!

geekladyemjay

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone yesterday but still went to the store to get my warranty fixed. There was a line before they opened they slowly filled the store but no one was buying phones.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
The Microsoft Complete Warranty looks a lot like AppleCare. IMHO, it's one of those things you might never need, but f you do you'll be glad you have it. I'd get it.

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Package delivered and is sitting at home. Going to have fun setting it up tonight after work.

Don't think I will restore from my 1520 backup though, will set it up fresh. Excited to move from the 1520 which served me very well but didn't quite survived the last drop which worsen the phantom touch issue.

toshdellapenna

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Preordered a 950xl from a retail store back in early October and still haven't received my notification email to come pick it up. When I call the number listed for the store I get a call center that says I have to go to the store to find out. Seeing that it's 2 1/2 hours away it's not exactly a simple stroll across town.

To add salt to the would, Paul Thurrott has an article that shows Microsoft related Black Friday sales. One of them is the Display Dock for $39 at At&t. It's currently at $119.99 and out of stock on both their website and retail stores. I contacted them to find out they aren't even offering the $39 deal to begin with.

I feel like this whole launch has been botched from the beginning...

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine at Amazon (Germany) because they have really convinced my with their afterbuy service in the last 17 years and they threw in a fatboy QI charger and a 32 GB SD card for free for the fixed price of EUR 699 (USD 745). Originally they had as delivery date the MS announcement of Nov. 27, but they changed that about a month ago to Dec. 4. So from what I read, other vendors in Germany have already begun to ship it, but I have not heard of anyone in Germany who has actually received it. Amazon still stays with their Dec. 4 without any updates.:eck:

So I keep waiting...:straight:

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for a definite launch date for the UK. Microsoft Store says December 3rd, Carphone Warehouse says December 8th and Amazon (who I preordered with) says December 12th :/

BrandonLiveuh

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
yep I sure do have the squeaking issue but it's not really a big problem. The only time it should matter is, when you're in a call but then you shouldn't get squeaking in less you hold it at the bottom, which would be a really unnatural hand position during a call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss