950XL Waiting Room

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Got mine last night at 6 PM when the MS store opened for BF. I love the phone and sadly I now have to retire my 1520 and maybe sell it on CL. I declined the extended warranty. I talked my sister in law and niece into getting the 640 XL which they did and they love their new WPs. Moved them from evil google and they said they couldn't be happier.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Still waiting for a definite launch date for the UK. Microsoft Store says December 3rd, Carphone Warehouse says December 8th and Amazon (who I preordered with) says December 12th :/

Yup it would be nice if Microsoft actually announced a date.

I've got mine pre ordered from CPW and I pre ordered when the expected delivery date was Dec 3rd so I'm hoping the new date is only for new pre orders after they changed the date.

Not holding out much hope though.

lallen3

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I finally got my 950xl. So far: Excellent device. The Lumia Offers app doesn't send the email for the dock (but, phone was bought at MS local store), tried different email, still nothing. I'm guessing they're either overloaded or I'm not eligible. Coming from a 1520, the size is perfect. The Hello feature works great. The battery only charged to 74% over night. Restarted phone, that is resolved-- maybe it was syncing? I did notice that only a handful of texts repopulated. Most my conversations are missing. Still poking around.

Nambi Guazu

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine on 11/16 and still have not received confirmation that it has been shipped. Still in "order processing" status. Hope I don't have to wait long, and hoping dock won't be sold out when finally get the phone. I'm in the USA

BetaRelease

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
It really depends. Are you kind of person who is a bit rough on your phone by tossing it around? Do you always have a case on your phone? I don't like cases on cell phone because I really enjoy looking at the design. Cases tend to make all phones look alike. As a result, I then to drop my phones often. I made a mess of my 1520 when it slipped out of my bag. With all that said, I didn't get the warranty on my 1520 and I didn't get it on my 950XL which I picked up on Wednesday from the Copley store in Boston :) I always promise to take better care of my phone each time.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my 950xl. So far: Excellent device. The Lumia Offers app doesn't send the email for the dock (but, phone was bought at MS local store), tried different email, still nothing. I'm guessing they're either overloaded or I'm not eligible. Coming from a 1520, the size is perfect. The Hello feature works great. The battery only charged to 74% over night. Restarted phone, that is resolved-- maybe it was syncing? I did notice that only a handful of texts repopulated. Most my conversations are missing. Still poking around.
I used the App to get my dock on Wednesday night, ,several times, and then again on Thursday am. Finally, on Thursday afternoon, I got all of the email responses and was able to order my dock. I purchased my phone at a Microsoft Store. So it does look like they have a delay in their system. I read in another topic that a lot of others had the same delay and got their responses about the same time as I did. Also, if you see it go out of stock I have seen it go out of stock, only to go back to being orderable. So keep checking your email during the day.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Preordered a 950xl from a retail store back in early October and still haven't received my notification email to come pick it up. When I call the number listed for the store I get a call center that says I have to go to the store to find out. Seeing that it's 2 1/2 hours away it's not exactly a simple stroll across town.

To add salt to the would, Paul Thurrott has an article that shows Microsoft related Black Friday sales. One of them is the Display Dock for $39 at At&t. It's currently at $119.99 and out of stock on both their website and retail stores. I contacted them to find out they aren't even offering the $39 deal to begin with.

I feel like this whole launch has been botched from the beginning...

I haven't received a call or email either. But call them again, once you are connected to the call center, tell them to connect you to the physical store. They will ask if they can help you, tell them no and ask to be connected to the manager.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I haven't received a call or email either. But call them again, once you are connected to the call center, tell them to connect you to the physical store. They will ask if they can help you, tell them no and ask to be connected to the manager.
I never received an email nor a phone call either so I just drove to the store last night, had to stand in line and picked up my phone. Fortunately store is only 10 minutes away.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Ordered mine on 11/16 and still have not received confirmation that it has been shipped. Still in "order processing" status. Hope I don't have to wait long, and hoping dock won't be sold out when finally get the phone. I'm in the USA
Umm I had the same issue and I ordered 10 min after presales went live on the 16th, Long story short, multiple calls Monday (Nov 23)evening then Tuesday when many here were getting notified.. Order stayed stuck in "order processing", MS was blaming PayPal and visa versa, MS would not change Payment to my Credit Card to push my order forward taking paypal out of the equation so only fix was cancel my Nov.16th order and reorder when they became available again... I'm looking at Dec 11th or sooner now, needless to say I was not a happy camper.
Bottom line, I'd give them a call..

Last edited:

anon(9739099)

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
This happened: Like ya'll I have been waiting for the Lumia twins since months. I placed an order on Nov 16 as soon as the orders went live. I saw a charge on my cc like everyone else on Nov 23rd. This is where things went downhill. Ya'll got tracking numbers and I didn't, called MS supported 4 times, everytime I was promised that it would be shipped by end of Nov 25th. Late Nov 25th I called again and inquired, the CSR said I would get an email soon as it was escalated. I never got a response even up till this morning, called them up again. This time it went through an incredibly incompetent process (verified my Identity twice,put me on hold for 15 mins) after 20 mins of the call the CSR says he has escalated the issue and they will try to ship the device on Dec 14th. I straight up cancelled my order. I think I am going to get myself a Nexus 6p. I don't believe MS wants to sell their phones, they have botched this up real bad for me. Goodluck to you all with the Lumias, I am outta the Windows phone ecosystem.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I really felt like MS wasn't truly handling the orders, like you I called multiple times and was always told everything is fine but it really wasn't, plus they're inability to change payment form had me questioning who was really handling pre-orders & processing.. I too almost gave up completely due to the lousy customer support handling my pre-order..
Went to my local AT&T stores and almost pulled the trigger on a Galaxy S6 edge plus but I decided I could wait a few more weeks for a OS I preferred plus as flashy and nice the Edge Plus was I knew the battery life would suck in comparison with not swappable battery(or SD card), I've yet to run low battery wise on my 640XL even on heavy days of lots of Bluetooth streaming, GPS use and net surfing..

anon(9739099)

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
After using the 640 I really liked win phone vs Android(chose to ignore the app gap and other issues). But I really felt like I was taken on a wild goose chase with my lumia order. I've had better customer support from a small Chinese company for a USB cable bought on amazon. In my past experience Google replaced my broken phone even when it was out of warranty. I see no reason why I should put up with MS's B.S. Maybe I'll try to come back to win10 once MS has got their shiz together

thalador

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten 2 emails saying preorder is open with links to MS store. Both time, Monday and today, I get the "Email when available" button instead of buy now. Eveyone else seeing this too?

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have gotten 2 emails saying preorder is open with links to MS store. Both time, Monday and today, I get the "Email when available" button instead of buy now. Eveyone else seeing this too?

It showed 'add to cart' the few times I checked. However, they quickly go back to 'email when available'. They seem to have very limited stock of these phones.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I caved, and instead of waiting for the 950XL, I ordered a 950 through AT&T's next program. The 0% payment plan and the fact that my 920 is finally going down pushed it. I'll use the 950 for now and wait on the Surface phone. Unless any of you guys that pre-ordered 2 or 3 XLs wanna send one my way. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven