950XL Waiting Room

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I moved away from Android. This is my first Windows phone and I really love the interface. Just about have everything set up and couldn't be happier. Missing a couple apps I had on my old phone but maybe they'll come around in time. I've enjoyed being able to layout the screen how I want and as I add new apps, I'll continue to resize them and move stuff around. The pictures I took at Thanksgiving are awesome. What is everyone using for an internet search engine? I didn't really care for Edge when I tried it so I downloaded Opera because I've used it before.

Yea I don't care for Edge much on my Surface Pro 3 and when I played with a 950 at AT&T... UC Browser was always a 2nd go to on my 640XL, not sure if they have a WP 10 version yet?
I'm hoping they bring IE back as a 2nd option in a future WP10 update!!

RiccardoPastena

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I just received my 950xl DS in poland. Ordered yesterday... wow that was blazing fast... I still have the iphone 6S to sell but wow guys.. i like this new lumia. Not as big as i thought and with everything i need. Probably it is the first one sold in poland as the owner of the shop seeing my order said... no way .. we expected delivery after 4th of december... and they got just 1... mine... my precious... already ordered display dock for free with delivery expected in 3/5 days....

Charger with built in cable 3.0 A , plus a spare usb-c cable. No headset, a bit disappointing but ok.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
still waiting on my 950XL to ship out...
got the portable wireless battery charger in white... and received a case i bought from Amazon to try also - its one of those wallet cases for credit cards and the phone.. not bad... made me realize how big the phone is going to be:)
but i still do the dance several times a day.. you know the one... log into your store account, check the status of your order... :)

RiccardoPastena

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I am facing a side issue that is bothering me. I can't download any speech voice recognition different than the one already installed (English). I have tried both italian and spanish as i would like to use cortana but i can't. Do anyone know a fix ? i tried the workaround of getting the insider app and register for the fast ring but did not work. I'd like to have Cortana normally working in italian like in my w10 desktop pc does. The error is generic download error.

annthonny

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I placed my order on the 17 of November and Ive been waiting patiently. But now I found out that the MS Stores in DC and Aventura, Fl had the device for sale (950XL White) but I cant get freaking MS to shipped mine till sometime December 11. Why MS insist on ******* me off!!!!

metalb00

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I placed my order on the 17 of November and Ive been waiting patiently. But now I found out that the MS Stores in DC and Aventura, Fl had the device for sale (950XL White) but I cant get freaking MS to shipped mine till sometime December 11. Why MS insist on ******* me off!!!!

same thing happened to me, i canceled my online order and bought it instore on friday

tweet2nowhere

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I refreshed the 950xl page off and on all day Thanksgiving. I had the same issue, I assumed they really were not available. UNTIL my purchase went though a few minutes before 8pm CST.
Unfortunately it shows as backordered. I wouldn't say its worse, and now I only check my orders a couple of times a day, although it doesn't seem to help it ship.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, have the squeaky cover, which is annoying but not too bad.

What does concern me, however, is that the phone does not appear to charge through the supplied USB cable (neither from my car charger nor my Surface Pro 3). The hardwired wall charger works, though.

I actually started a thread about the squeaky cover here http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...uality-creaking-around-bottom-edge-phone.html. There's a few solutions that we're trying to include the one where I've put double sided adhesive strips along the bottom edge and a little further up to help get rid of the minor spacing that allows the back plate to flex up and down when squeezed. There's one guy (who posted a vid) whose is REALLY bad. Maybe they'll at least redesign the back cover.

kwill

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having qi charging issues... it says it's charging... but it only overheats and loses battery %... this happening to anyone else?

The first time I charged my phone on my Nokia qi charger, it didn't charge overnight. Thought it was just how I placed it. Will keep an eye on it the next few days though.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
The first time I charged my phone on my Nokia qi charger, it didn't charge overnight. Thought it was just how I placed it. Will keep an eye on it the next few days though.

Keep me posted, if you want, send me a message. Love my wireless charging. Sucks it isn't working on the 950 xl... 950 having the same issues?

RiccardoPastena

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3

These are the list of annoying bugs i have :
-Using micro sd to save pictures and video the camera become unresponsive and not give me the option to enter gallery straight after the shot.
-Using microsd to save app some application just fail with error code. Bringing back to default install location is a workaround
-Speech recognition unable to be dowloaded so no cortana and spooky turn by turn indications with map application.
-Battery drains kind of fast but it charges blazing fast as well so not that bothering
-Plastic cover is making some cluncky sound but i hope to have it fixed with the Mozo's one

PROS :
-Continuum works well enough using the Wireless Display adapter from microsoft
-Under heavy load it gets warm but nothing impressive
-Application load fast

If you guys can try to download other languages in speech recognition before i try with hard reset of my 950xl would be appreciated. In return here i can post a sample shot taken 5 minutes ago. All auto and with a huge difference in between the bright zone and the dark one. I'm truly impressed that this camera made the building at the side visible. My iphone 6S was focusing on the tower OR on the building with proper light.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss