950XL Waiting Room

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the Portland, Oregon area. I stopped by the kiosk at the mall yesterday and they didn't have either phone on display. He said all of the 950XL's they had were already pre-ordered.

blk_scorpn

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I bought the 950 XL on Friday, spend two solid days with it, and returned it today. It is a beautiful and very fast device, and the camera is SOLID. I really wanted it to work, but too many of the apps I use on regular basis (especially for my work) were simply not available in the Windows app store. The app that were available lacked a lot of features (including UX/UI) that iOS and Android users have come to enjoy. Perhaps I was expected too much, too soon from the Lumia 950 XL.

taphius

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 950 XL on Friday, spend two solid days with it, and returned it today. It is a beautiful and very fast device, and the camera is SOLID. I really wanted it to work, but too many of the apps I use on regular basis (especially for my work) were simply not available in the Windows app store. The app that were available lacked a lot of features (including UX/UI) that iOS and Android users have come to enjoy. Perhaps I was expected too much, too soon from the Lumia 950 XL.

Mine will probably be going back as well, underwhelmed with the experience so far. Random apps closing (messenger), time to save photos is extremely long compared to the note 5, onedrive is not syncing anywhere near as consistent as on Android (it currently has about 75 photos waiting to backup for me, looks like it is not working in the background like it should), back plate is loose (has been replaced once already due to freezing up when toggling brightness).

I can deal with apps, but WP8.1 seems like a better overall user experience to me (Yellow and White 1520.3's in the past).

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
microsoft store hawaii. according to the MS guy about 100 people preordered. and today only 5 left and he said they all called to confirm but never picked up. called the store on thanksgiving and they told me wait 48 hours for the preorders to be picked up first. 4 days later some people still never picked up their order. they should have cancelled and sold it already

Chad Welsh

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Dude quit bashing the phone because you don't have the apps you want!!!! The phone is fine works as advertised, on the other hand the OS is still in flux, I remember when android and iOS cam out and everybody was WHINING because they did not have cut and paste , then android got it and iOS was lagging, Hell they both tried to say web apps were the future and failed. Just because you hate MS don't stomp on the hardware and matter of fact any of it. Also EVERYBODY needs to stop complaining about the application situation.... you know its there and should have been on the forefront of your purchasing evaluation.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
funny these people i see complaining about apps already have or have been using windows phones before getting the 950/950xl. its like buying something in red and then wanting to return it because its red.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
If your reason for returning the phone is apps then you're a moron for getting it in the first place. I could understand if the phone itself was disappointing but why would you complain that the apps you need aren't available AFTER getting the phone? Did it not occur to you to check whether those apps were available beforehand?

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my pre-ordered 950 XL yesterday but had to wait until Sunday to use it because I needed a nano sim card from AT&T. It has been one year since I used a Windows Phone and it is kind of fun to be back. I've got the black leather Mozo back cover on I think the phone looks really nice. I've only used the 950 XL for a few hours, and haven't tried the camera yet, but some initial impression:

- Feels much better in the hand than the Lumia 1520 or Samsung Galaxy Note Edge
- Screen is very smooth and responsive, scrolls faster than the Note Edge
- Hello works better than anticipated
- Cortana works much better on Windows than on Android
- Nice to be able to finally use Cortana with Microsoft Band
- I LOVE that my browser favorites finally synch with my phone
- Wireless charging works with Mozo cover
- I wish the second sim icon at the top of the screen wasn't there
- I've gone through my Android apps and the only one I can't find an app or web solution for is Barnes & Noble Nook
- Groove Music looks much better on Windows than Android; Spotify looks the same on both.
- TapaTalk for Windows is about five versions behind Android
- So far I have not experience a single glitch (knock on wood)

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I
- Wireless charging works with Mozo cover
- So far I have not experience a single glitch (knock on wood)
Nice review glad your enjoying the XL!!
Have the black Mozo coming also, which wireless charger do you have?
I understand they moved the charging pad on stock cover & now doesn't work with the DT-910 stand and hoping the Mozo's pad is located so it works with it.

Donald Simard

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Any chance you can list the Apps you were unable to find? It would help others out!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2