950XL Waiting Room

blk_scorpn

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Chad Welsh - I knew I was going to get criticized for stating my objective opinion. I only speak for myself. I love windows, and have been using windows all my professional life. I wanted nothing more than for the 950 xl to work. I ordered it first thing on November 16th, I even went to the local MS store many, many times to see if my phone had arrived. It pained me to return it. AND, I haven’t given up on it.

Donald Simard - Linked In had ancient UX/UI (virtually unusable), Twitter (virtually unusable), the outlook (MS’ own email system) emails loaded better on the android phone than on 950 XL, Amazon app is useless, Onedrive loaded faster on android than on 950 xl, no banking apps (i.e. b of a, amex, paypal, no NFC payment system like android pay, etc.), Skpye interface was better on android than 950 xl, Box.net (need it for work), FedEx (need it for work), ADT Pulse (need it for work), and many more.

camptime – Yes, I am new to this forum. In fact, reading posts from knowledgeable people like you is what exited me to get the 950 xl.

indianarash7 – you’re not very good at predicting.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem redeeming the dock offer? I get to the final screen and it says the offer is no longer available. Also, while in the Lumia Offers app, you can't exit it. No navigation keys at all.

UPDATE: I called the store customer service and surprisingly enough, they processed my free order for the doc on the phone. No charge. Got an email receipt confirming same.

Last edited:

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a problem redeeming the dock offer? I get to the final screen and it says the offer is no longer available. Also, while in the Lumia Offers app, you can't exit it. No navigation keys at all.

UPDATE: I called the store customer service and surprisingly enough, they processed my free order for the doc on the phone. No charge. Got an email receipt confirming same.

Swipe up from the bottom of the phone up the screen, you'll get your nav buttons back. Use this to hide them as well.

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Holy cow. Music sounds incredible from the 950 xl. Playing around with the equalizer... and I'm thoroughly impressed. Like goosebumps impressed. I tried different genres, rap, classical, pop, etc, and all sound crisp.

I'm just using a pair of skull candy headphones, so nothing special.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice review glad your enjoying the XL!!
Have the black Mozo coming also, which wireless charger do you have?
I understand they moved the charging pad on stock cover & now doesn't work with the DT-910 stand and hoping the Mozo's pad is located so it works with it.

I have a Nokia DT-900 wireless charger my nightstand and it charges the 950 XL while I sleep.

Michael F Parker

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm just hoping mine gets shipped with the "ships by 11th" batch. I was one of the unlucky that had my pre-order get bumped from the first wave because Microsoft and my bank hate me. I placed my order on the 17th, but Microsoft didn't charge my card till the 24th, I assume because they were going to two day ship it like most peoples order. But my bank decided to block the charge and because this happened in the morning I couldn't resolve it till it was too late. After I'd OK'd the payment with my bank and resubmitted it with Microsoft I was bumped to the 11th shipment.

The charge got put on my card that day and was showing as pending. But now Microsoft cancelled the charge so that they can charge me when they try to ship it again. I'm fearing that my bank will take a dump on my heart again and block it once more, most likely pushing me to the NEXT batch. I'm really looking forward to my 950XL but Microsoft and Chase are crushing my dreams.

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Still no word from Amazon on shipping my phone. It says available on Dec 4 and shipping on availability date. But no word so far. There have now been several unboxings on German sites and a whole bunch of merchants who proclaim immediate availability. I have not seen it in any physical shop, though.

Waiting,,,,:eck:

anon(5338717)

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got a shipment notification for the white lumia 950 XL from Amazon France i think they still have some of them in stock if anyone is looking for the dual sim in the EU especially UK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro