950XL Waiting Room

CraigGB

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Still hoping my MS UK order ships today for tomorrow!!

me too, Pete yesterday was told it should be, if that is true or not I don't know as customer support is never the most reliable but it's all we have to go on so far, a couple of people have indicated stock of the phones has been in the UK for a while now for a couple of weeks or so, I'm not 100% on who but I think one of them was Zac from WinBeta on a podcast who said that was the case, as pretty much the rest of the world has them already I can't see them delaying the launch because of the software on the phones. if I had to make a guess I wonder if Microsoft has restricted stock being supplied to third party sellers to fulfil their own pre orders first?, that might just be me hoping because I want my phone. :p

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
It might be worth noting that a number of retailers have had their stocks delayed so this isn't just Argos.

Amazon went from the 3rd to 12th December a number of weeks back
Clove went from first stocks expected to ship on 2nd December to now first stocks expected 7th December
Mobile Fun went from stock due 2nd Dec to stock due 3rd Dec to stock now due in 1 week.
CPW went from 3rd Dec to 8th Dec
MobilePhoneDirect went from 3rd Dec to in stock in 5 working days

So I think there is a supply issue from MS here.

But have any of the others announced that it is a "software issue" and that MS have decided the release will be "slightly delayed"?

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It was already delayed in the first place, Microsoft missed their targeted November launch already which wasn't too bad as it was only a few days (Dec 3rd) but they've really buggered things up now.

Starting to get frustrated.....

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I've just been chatting to a MSFT rep who said they don't price match?

Can someone confirm this as I've seen conflicting reports?

CraigGB

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

yeah all I've seen is some people being told they definitely can and some people they can't, maybe it just comes down to luck and Microsoft haven't said one way or another, in which case maybe trying another support person might work?.

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
According to DHL mine is supposed to be delivered some time today. But the current status is that it's being processed in a city about 550km away from me. I'm really wondering how the hell they are supposed to keep todays delivery date. We'll see.

Same for me. Until noon the status was still "The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin ". But then suddenly at about 2 p.m. I got a notice that a parcel is waiting for me in a Packstation. :excited: So have faith and hope that the DHL guy will come before they close down at 6 p.m.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

yeah all I've seen is some people being told they definitely can and some people they can't, maybe it just comes down to luck and Microsoft haven't said one way or another, in which case maybe trying another support person might work?.

Hope they do or my MS order is going straight back. 2 online chats have confirmed they do. ?450 was my biting point for the XL and with buymobiles selling them at ?446.99, that's what tipped me to buy. If MS can't refund the difference i will buy it from BM.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Same for me. Until noon the status was still "The shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin ". But then suddenly at about 2 p.m. I got a notice that a parcel is waiting for me in a Packstation. :excited: So have faith and hope that the DHL guy will come before they close down at 6 p.m.

I do.. I even got an email like 2 hours ago that said "Hey, you're package should arrive today." Still nothing has changed on their tracking site. Well, I won't give up hope. :)

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Realised my CPW pre-order didn't come with any confirmation email but they've taken the money. Wanted to cancel and order with Argos who will ship 2 days earlier, they couldn't find me on the system and asked me to go in store with ID to cancel.....

Ordered on Argos as well anyway so hopefully will get it before Sunday!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs