950XL Waiting Room

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I rang up Microsoft Store UK a few days ago to cancel my order as I'd seen the XL cheaper on Amazon. Customer Services rep told me he could price match if I took screenshot of Amazon price.

After payment was taken today I received an email from the rep asking for the screenshot so he could refund the difference for a price match. So I sent that.

Then received a call from another rep saying they couldn't price match. What the hell?

My XL has been dispatched now so I'll have to reject the delivery and get a refund. I've ordered from Argos now.

Sooo annoying.

If anyone does get a price match, please let us know the rep's name.

No way! I've been promised a price match as soon as i take delivery. They'd better, or it will be returned next week. As much as i want this phone, i'd be silly to pay ?529 when i can pay ?447 from elsewhere!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have my 950XL, now going through the painful process of restoring backup, loading apps etc. Nice looking device though.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have my 950XL, now going through the painful process of restoring backup, loading apps etc. Nice looking device though.

UPS delivered my 950XL this morning and the process has been pretty painless for me, loving it already! The whole setup including restoring my backup went without a hitch. I had 28 apps to update which took around 30 minutes. It restored all my texts and my 2 email accounts are working as they should (just needed to enter the password for my company email)

I don't normally use a pin to lock my phone but the Windows Hello feature is so cool I might just leave it on :grin:

Looking forward to getting some free time later to test out the camera to see how it compares to my old faithful 1020.

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone who ordered on Argos received their phones (or any worthwhile update)?

The website status has sat saying I will get contacted to arrange a delivery day and time since I placed the order and whenever I have finally managed to get through on the phone they have been no help at all past 'you will be contacted'.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Looks like a lot of mess ups from Microsoft store, I guess I was not the only victim. Sad how bad their service is.

They got me too!!!
I should have had my XL on Nov. 25th but instead I'm waiting until Dec 11th.. Ordered 10 Minutes after pre sale went live on the 16th ... Processing glitch they said, screwed up system I say!!

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I can not confirm. I don't know what device you are basing your observations on, but I have been using Win10 on my Lumia930 since 10568 came out for insiders. It was rough at the start because the phone was setting up the OS and settling in. Currently I must say, the battery holds up just as long as when it had 8.1.

10 has many many improvements which I like. Email is a lot better, the Maps app is really nice, Groove a big improvement over XBOX Music and the management of photos with the photos app (in conjunctions with my OneDrive) is also significantly better (as my Surface also runs Win10, everything is nice in sync). Bing lock screen now finally changes the picture every morning, in 8.1 this did not work reliably. Oh, and I have the subjective impression that the Microsoft Camera app is also making crispier pictures.

Although this is still an "Insider" release, I already like it over 8.1. It has enough improvements for me to stay with Win10. At this this build I can not necessarily say that it is "not ready" - definitely it is when compared to iOS 9.0 which came out and was a real disaster.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife just informed me that my 950XL arrived like 5 minutes ago. I won't be home until in 2.5 hours though, but hey.. I made it out the waiting room. Bye, guys, see you soon for sure on the other side. ;)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
update on my microsoft online store order in the US:
via chat yesterday and follow up email also, was told now ships by dec 18th - was dec 11th...
they offered 10 dollars refund and shipping refund...
still waiting...

Naval Patel

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Cancelled Argos order. Refund is not easy, they have to cancel first with their supplier, once the supplier confirms cancelled order, they process the refund which would take 5 days.

Lesson learnt, do not buy a phone from Argos!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss