950XL Waiting Room

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cancelled Argos order. Refund is not easy, they have to cancel first with their supplier, once the supplier confirms cancelled order, they process the refund which would take 5 days.

They probably do this to discourage people from ordering the same item from various suppliers with the intention of cancelling whatever order doesn't please them the most.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
UPS have left at a collection point. So won't get mine till i've got the kids to bed later this evening!

Have got the ?83 refund pricematch agreed though, which is sweet!!

In 2 minds on doing a restore or start from fresh.............redownloading all those apps [yes, i do actually have a few!!] is going to be time consuming to say the least.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ran a restore, ended up having to download 78 apps, which took a while. No major issues as yet, but I'm ready for a hard reset if needed.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got my preparing to dispatch email from CPW too.

I don't imagine it'll be a Saturday delivery? I hope not anyway as I've got my work down as the delivery address.

Mine's also white btw.

mrkuki

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine in all, for my black 950XL. Will be awkward if it does come tomorrow, will need to sit outside work :)

edit: the tracking number they gave shows it being delivered in April, but apart from that, looking at the DPD site says that STD Next Day is Next working day which would be Monday...

Last edited:

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Still no update on my Argos order for 950XL in white :unhappy:

I got the text message yesterday morning from Argos stating I'll receive my order no late than 06/12 which I find hard to believe as I've not has any notifications since. I chose to deliver to work as well so if it does come tomorrow I'll be very annoyed.

I should have gone with CPW but went with Argos due to TopCashBack offer (which didn't go through at the rate I expected - should be 3.15% but went through at 1.55%) making it cheaper and due to the fact it indicated it was in stock and would ship in 1 day.

Rimaz Flyil

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I got mine too . Black 950 XL Ordered on 14th Nov. i am so exited.... but the problem is when i check the tracking information on the DPD it says my parcel has been delivered on 24th April 2015.

Last edited:

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
still waiting for my Argos order also I only ordered from them because they said 1 day delivery at the time. maybe I should not have cancelled my Amazon order (which was ?5 cheaper but I was impatient).

VegaNovus

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about the DPD tracking saying April - DPD famously recycle tracking ID's.

Also, I'm hoping it does actually ship over the weekend so I get it on Monday, otherwise we will get it Tuesday :)

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Checking the tracking number mine has been collected by DPD so I'm almost certain it will arrive Monday.

Now to cancel my Argos order....

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I use DPD as the courier for my business. In many parts of the country they have started to deliver on Saturday, even with their next working day service, which would normally be Monday. With the Xmas rush starting this will be expanding to more areas so you might get a nice surprise tomorrow.

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Slightly surprised at the packaging MS use! A large jiffy bag.............My box had a couple of dints in it! Phone seems all good, but odd they don't box up when there's ?500 worth of electrical goodies to be sent across the UK in a van.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett