950XL Waiting Room

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Got mine at MSFT Store in Natick MA. They had several actually (XL and regular). Someone else was buying XL when I was buying my XL too.

P.S. If anyone in Boston area wants one, call Natick store, ask for Justin and tell him to put one on hold.

ChavasRegal

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Picked mine up yesterday from my local car phone warehouse, have to say coming from a 3 year old Lumia 920 the weight of the 950xl is impressive for its size, did a completely fresh install instead of recovering a backup and after about 2 hours I had all my apps and settings the way I wanted them.
the screen is impressive, even more so once set to vivid.
I wont say the OS 'seems faster' from w10m on the 920, I'll be quite confident to say it 'is faster', I've not seen a single loading or resuming screen. camera starts in an instant from locked and snaps shots straight away.
Windows hello is working flawlessly , I spent a good few minutes improving recognition, I've not had any app crashes' so far, all in all I'm impressed.
I've slapped a bumper case on and it adds little to no bulk (compared to the 920 its a super model) I've a Mozo leather cover on order for the weekends (I'm a building contractor by trade so a bit of protection for the week and a little class at the weekend) only time will tell how the phone copes with regular cover removal.

Once I've used the phone for a few day I'll report back any niggles I come across.

mei01

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Getting worried that my Argos order won't show up today... I've had no confirmation email, and no contact from them since the text on Thursday.
Called Exertis (the supplier), and their phone office is closed. Don't know if that means they're not out delivering either. Phoned Argos, and they repeated that Exertis don't answer calls on weekends, they didn't have an update on my order, and that they can chase it up tomorrow.
I wouldn't be so annoyed if I hadn't changed the delivery address already to allow for the extra days, and the promised "no later than 06/12" delivery. If it doesn't arrive today, I won't be able to pick it up for another week!
I'll be glad if they do end up delivering today, but at the moment, I'm not holding my breath.

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard from Argos? I'm thinking of cancelling my order and going to my local Car Phone Warehouse as I'm not convinced I'll receive my phone on Monday 😒

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard from Argos? I'm thinking of cancelling my order and going to my local Car Phone Warehouse as I'm not convinced I'll receive my phone on Monday ��

This was the last communication I had, via Twitter, with Argos "James, The original text you received should have an anticipated dispatch date noted on it, Your phone will be dispatched directly from the suppliers once the issue has been rectified, we have not yet received an adjusted dispatch date as our suppliers work office hours and are regrettably closed at the weekend, As you have received the original text , any update should be notified to you directly via text. Apologies that I am unable to advise further at this stage."

Apart from the fact that the "original text" they refer to is one that said delivery, not dispatch, would be "by the 06/12" this seems to be telling me to wait and see.

As I've already said, p***-up, meet brewery.

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Will wait to see what happens tomorrow then. I guess I've been using my Lumia 920 since release day here in the UK (over 3 years) so waiting another few days isn't going to do any harm. If I don't hear anything tomorrow though I'll certainly be considering going elsewhere and cancelling my order.

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: 950XL waiting room.

I have 640 XL my friend. Very good device. But the problem for me is APPS. I wanna buy Lumia 950 XL but again developers F... Microsoft ecosystem. :(
Support android or iOS.
I have and second phone OnePlus 2 64gb BUT again i prefer Windows mobile ecosystem but without applications 950 xl is over for me.
WHY DEVELOPERS HATE this amazing mobile OS (windows mobile 10) guys????????

this ecosystem will only grow once Google bring its apps to us! reason lots of android lovers will start trying as they cannot leave Google ecosystem now. As of now its only we the Microsoft ecosystem guys r here!

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
So annoyed! I originally ordered from Carphone Warehouse. Saw that Argos was delivering much earlier, so cancelled my order with CPW to go to Argos, and now CPW is despatching faster than Argos. I still haven't received a refund from CPW, my account is in 'credit' and I need to phone them up to arrange a refund, despite not giving me any reference number at all, and on top of me phoning up to cancel and them not finding my order, so I had to go in store to ask for a refund. What a freaking nightmare!

They didn't even tell me I had credit or anything in store, they just said it was cancelled. I had to email them asking what will happen with the money. Absolute nightmare, wouldn't order from Argos or CPW again for a pre-order..

westentertainer

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard from Argos? I'm thinking of cancelling my order and going to my local Car Phone Warehouse as I'm not convinced I'll receive my phone on Monday ��
not heard a thing off argos after many e mails and a phone call ,i have now ordered from CPW and hope its there on Tuesday ,then when i eventually receive it from Argos i will take it back and demand a refund

indianarash7

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Optus said my order is for delivery on 7th Jan, don't knw why its said on the website that for all the preorders before 3rd they will try and deliver by 7th December

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Your Carphone Warehouse order will be delivered today between 09:52-10:52

Yay!

I called Argos and cancelled my order yesterday.

anon(9749614)

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Ordered a 950 and 950XL. The bigger one is going to me! My wife's 950 is coming in tomorrow (8th of December), but the 950XL wasn't on stock anymore and I'll have to wait for it till 20th of January....I can't stand the suspense!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon