950XL Waiting Room

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Ooh yes. Hope you have more luck with their terrible listening service. I have no accent (Genuinely, from East Kent), and spoke perfectly, and it couldn't figure out what I was saying!! It Asked me twice and then was like "Sorry, we cannot find your order. Putting you through to an adviser now"

48 minutes later.........

T 33

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Don't you just love the way every time you call, the automated voice at Argos tells you "we are taking more calls than usual", must have heard that around 100 times this morning. Anyway gave up with the phone service and have cancelled my 950XL by email with them and ordered from Carphone Warehouse - who have already confirmed dispatch and DPD have collected from them. Looking forward to tomorrow now!

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Right. Well, after being on hold for over an hour, it cut me off. Phoned up again, it figured out my order the second time around and got straight through to someone who said was unable to cancel it right now but has it typed up to cancel it within the next 10 minutes.

For reference to anyone else, the orders are expected to be delivered tomorrow or Wednesday still from Argos. They do actually have the phones now from what the lady said, she had already spoken to someone earlier about it so was aware of the situation.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Don't you just love the way every time you call, the automated voice at Argos tells you "we are taking more calls than usual", must have heard that around 100 times this morning. Anyway gave up with the phone service and have cancelled my 950XL by email with them and ordered from Carphone Warehouse - who have already confirmed dispatch and DPD have collected from them. Looking forward to tomorrow now!

Hmm. I ordered wih CPW around 2pm and still haven't received anything for DPD. I'm expecting to get it after 5 though I guess?

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
By the time we get the phones all the free display docks will probably be gone

I'm so up for a battle! "It's not my fault you couldn't get the things to resellers before the offer ran out. Behold my ORDER date. Now I demand you give me my free stuff" :wink:

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Finally got a dispatch notice from CPW. What an ordeal this has been!!

Such a rocky road of questioning whether WP is mature enough to bring be back from Android (Nexus 4 -> HTC One M8) after a happy, but annoyed time with the Lumia 920 due to lack of promised updates, and lack of such severely basic functionality.

After my girlfriend went from a HTC One M7 to a Sony Xperia Z3, and being fairly disappointed that it wasn't all that different, and relating to that (mostly) from going from Nexus 4 to the One M8, 18 months previous, I decided that something entirely new (or, I guess mostly new from my 920) would probably be the best way to go.

Was considering Apple. But they were about ?100 out of my price range (For the 6S), and the price drops for the Lumia sealed the deal. Now let's hope I won't be too disappointed when people say "Hey have you got this app......" and I reply "Probably not".

Looking forward to having the 'it' phone at parties again. The XPeria Z3 is really quite poor in low light, like, appalling.

VIVA LA WINDOZE REVOLUTION!

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully get mine tomorrow have the dispatch notification from DPD, bought from mobiles.co.uk for a steal at ?27.50 pm on O2. Coming from a G4 and have been waiting to get back full time to W10. Now need to get my Band 2 later this week for Strava integration for the bike and i'll be sorted.

Last edited:

mas999

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Getting hard to find a UK vendor who will supply the 950XL, sure Carphone Warehouse are stocking it but the network vendors do not appear to be looking at it, Three and O2 are not planning to stock it so the choice for unlimited data goes, EE are not supporting it yet for wifi calling

looks disappointing support from Networks in the UK

nicktramontin

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
After no news from Argos and no reply on Twitter I spent over an hour on hold to be told they will have to email the supplier and should hear back in 24 - 48 hours. They said it might already have been posted but they can't tell and as I've not heard anything then maybe not. Decided to cancel my order as I can't spend time on hold tomorrow to find out either way and want the phone and feel more comfortable ordering it from CPW or similar anyway as easier to return if I have any issues (I assume). Knowing my luck it will arrive tomorrow now. Plan on ordering from somewhere else in the morning as an order now won't be processed anyway. Now I hope I get my money back!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There is still no update for the second wave in the U.S. :'(

getting the run around from microsoft online chat now...
they are telling me my pre-auth charge is not really a charge - but just checking i have the available fundds... except they did that on 11/24 also!
so they said contact my cc company and ask them to allow the charge...
which i just did - they told me - they have approved the charge...
so then they tried to call microsoft with me on the line, and of course, the dreaded hold music was there aso the cc company said they would call me back later...and try again then
before i signed off with microsoft chat perosn, i was told that once my cc company approved the charge they would release the shipment...
i call bs now.. shame, as i am a HUGE microsoft fan - and they are losing me and my loyalty with this type of run around for an order where i have already recieved one item on the same order but they cant give a confirmed ship date for the major item... how can they expect to make money???

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have never ordered from a company before where when you ask about your order they do not even ask order #, just what item was. Some things just should not be outsourced if you can't do it properly.

Cerberus1953

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Just checked my emails to find one from Amazon.co.uk saying that it had been put back to the 20th Dec.

So order cancelled and ordered from Carephone Warehouse instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos