950XL Waiting Room

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Message from Argos. My order was apparently "with the supplier yesterday" and they will "deliver directly".

I am not holding my breath.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
My order still isn't out for delivery, still in the depot 60 miles away. Said it arrived at the depot twice too. Come on DPD, you've never let me down before!

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine didn't leave the depot until about half 10 yesterday morning so don't panic yet

Ah. Good to know! I was fiddling with the 'Collect from Depot' settings yesterday, didn't confirm anything but I thought that might have broken something, despite it still saying it'll be delivered today.

What time did yours get delivered?

Clem2k3

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I currently have 3 open orders for this phone ... it should not be this hard to buy a phone Microsoft ...

Amazon - Pre-ordered when I first could ... its now showing 21st December ... I suspect this will get cancelled
Argos - Ordered a few days ago, head absolutely nothing since ... I cant even check status on their website, it doesnt recognise the number ... I dont hold out much hope. Theyve managed to take the money though, that part of their system works fine it seems ...
Carphonewarehouse - Just ordered ... fingers crossed

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Same here no message for me just going to wait it out I think don't want multiple orders flying around

Had messages via tweet and Facebook and a voicemail saying it'll come today but not had notification about the actual delivery from anyone so, like I said, my breath is noticeably not held.

It's not the *ahem* grown up thing to do but I can thoroughly recommend bombarding them with messages via Twitter and Facebook. For some reason they don't like it when you complain in such a public way :wink:

Last edited:

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine is tracked to arrive around lunch time :).

Not heard any more from Argos tried canceling last night but only had 30 minutes to spare so had to ring off. Will try again tonight when I have more time.
I will cancel Amazon order once I have the phone in my hands...

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
"Your Carphone Warehouse order will be delivered today by Ola, your DPD driver, between 13:04 and 14:04"

Ooh. Productivity levels will reduce to 0 after lunch ;-)

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Is it sad that I calculated the average amount of time it'll take my DPD driver to deliver each parcel, up until his 24th parcel (mine) ?

It's 8 minutes 45 seconds if anybody is interested :p Hahaha.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
It's very sad, and also why I always let DPD drivers out, as I know how little time they have :). Mine has under two hours to do 20 drops! So around 5 mins a delivery. I can hardly get in and out the car in that time ;)

I have never had DPD let me down, they have been close to going over the time, but never have. Considering all the variables they must consider that is some achievement, I wish Amazon used them more like they used to, but they saw they could make more money so have set up their own firm...

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
It's very sad, and also why I always let DPD drivers out, as I know how little time they have :). Mine has under two hours to do 20 drops! So around 5 mins a delivery. I can hardly get in and out the car in that time ;)

I have never had DPD let me down, they have been close to going over the time, but never have. Considering all the variables they must consider that is some achievement, I wish Amazon used them more like they used to, but they saw they could make more money so have set up their own firm...

6 minutes per delivery. Pretty impressive. Especially considering this comes from their depot where they are probably an hour or more away from their first drop off.. Which drops it down to 3 minutes per delivery. DPD are by far the best courier company out there. Amazon Logistics is absolutely dire, and the reason I won't order from there anymore (Despite having Prime) :/

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Amazon logistics have improved around my area, I did spend about 30 mins on the phone a while back explaining to Amazon why whenever I saw that was the who they were using I assumed I wouldn't get the item that day...

I find companies that use DPD tend to be better, DPD can't be the cheapest, but they are easily the best, most consistent and easy to deal with. So if a company has gone through the process of choosing a delivery partner and come up with DPD it says to me that the rest of the business is has the product/customer first rather than costs...

Delivery due in 45 mins which is the at the earliest point in the delivery slot...

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just had my free Display Dock turn up, just a few days after the phone arrived. I thought I saw the MS Store say that shipping would be 5-7 weeks, but I was obviously blind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99