950XL Waiting Room

rharrison75

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a White 950 XL from buymobiles.net on 02/12/2015 - still waiting and receiving regular emails with a "stock update" stating that the item is still out of stock

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a White 950 XL from buymobiles.net on 02/12/2015 - still waiting and receiving regular emails with a "stock update" stating that the item is still out of stock

Oh the difference. Regular emails! Stock updates! Argos seem happy with unanswered calls, ignored tweets and facebook DMs and throwing us the odd lie.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
FYI. One of the first things I did was order a Display Dock. They are still available, and available on the CPW bought phone (Not just Microsoft bought ones :))

I tried all day yesterday and this morning but it was showing Out of Stock constantly. Checked on the off chance earlier this afternoon and it went through fine.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Black is back in stock on the US MS Store.

both black and white have been in and out for a week or so... they either show "add to cart" or they will show "email when available"
I was able to add the white to cart yesterday but then a short while later it said my cart was empty...
nothing new, unfortunately...

i did get on the phone yesterday and was told initially i would get tracking numbers by the end of yesterday, then she said, let me double check and then she came back and said sometime this week... :(

mei01

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So after another few phone calls with Argos and Exertis, they now say that I could expect the phone on Friday. I'm still hesitant to trust them on this though.
This morning, I put an order in with CPW to see if I'd get it sooner, but got an email saying they were backordered (I chose the black model). Phoned them 10 minutes ago to change to the white model which showed as in stock online...I'm now getting my phone tomorrow! Awesome.

Don't really care about the case colour for now, as I'll be getting a Mozo cover at some point. I just really want the phone!

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Argos just tweeted me to ask if I could give them my address and order number they'd get someone to look into it! I, with considerable restraint, pointed out that if the scrolled up a bit they'd see the details I gave them when this started 6 days ago.

I refuse to cave in and go somewhere else for several reasons a) I'm like a bloody minded pitbull - when I latch on, I ain't letting go b) I've had a word with myself and, in all honesty, I'm in no real hurry and c) I need the 6 months to pay for the damn thing ;)

Wookieekiller

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Can somebody give some advice. Is there any real and/or noticeable difference between the 950 and xl like performance wise and battery life wise. I'm in a bind on which phone to get. I like the bigger screen of the xl but hate the idea of a dual sim phone.

Last edited:

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
both black and white have been in and out for a week or so... they either show "add to cart" or they will show "email when available"
I was able to add the white to cart yesterday but then a short while later it said my cart was empty...
nothing new, unfortunately...

i did get on the phone yesterday and was told initially i would get tracking numbers by the end of yesterday, then she said, let me double check and then she came back and said sometime this week... :(

and even if you manage to checkout, its going to say order in process and backordered

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
There is still no update for the second wave in the U.S. :'(

yup microsoft store online still saying email when available. still saying shipping by dec 11. and my order is still saying back ordered. since it has not shipped today i am guessing mine is not getting shipped for atleast another 2 weeks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos