950XL Waiting Room

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
called Argos who called the supplier who could not give them any information so he basically hinted I should cancel the order so I cancelled just need proof before I reorder with someone else also really wanted a black one

Peterh56

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered my white 950XL through CPW in stock and delivery tomorrow, so happy and they are also the cheapest in the UK.
I wonder if they had a special agreement with Microsoft?

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if they had a special agreement with Microsoft?

When Microsoft said they wanted to get phones into the hands of as many fans as possible what they meant was 'fans' who bought FROM THE CORRECT OUTLETS as dictated by them and didn't exercise their right to buy from any other resellers. Bad consumers.

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well my 950xl is still in an Argos limbo (seriously can't believe how shocking they are) but my 950 'should' be here today. Though looking at my due time by the time it arrives I will have already left work :( Come on DPD please be early.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Carphone Warehouse is now out of stock, even though when I ordered on Monday they claimed stock and next day delivery....they cannot say when they will get stock....

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
called Argos who called the supplier who could not give them any information so he basically hinted I should cancel the order so I cancelled just need proof before I reorder with someone else also really wanted a black one

I do like the different answers that seem to come out of this one supplier.

murtaza_p

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
so finally i did get a call from Microsoft India since i was one of the first people to prebook the 950xl in my city.
however i wasn't impressed as i should have been. i din have the same excitement as i had when i first went to see my last phone the Nokia 1020 ,test unit.
Firstly the phone looks identical like the 640XL , now don't call me cribby but if i am shelling out Rs.49,999/- i least would want the phone to look somewhat flagship grade. Yes it has its advantages like the removable back , dual sim (indian variant ) and the micro SD card slot , but so does my current handset the LG G4 which i picked up for the time being waiting eagerly for the 950xl.
secondly, i was extremely disappointed to see the loading resuming screen. yes its still there and its quite sad that even with the best of the chipsets and with three gigs of ram this issue is still there specially on the start screen when phone is left idle for long and when switching apps. Now before i get comments like " Ive barely spent time with the phone" , since i know the manager of the Microsoft store in my city i was lucky enough to have the handset for a few hours of use before i had to return their demo unit.
Microsoft have done a brilliant job however in keeping the Snapdragon 810 heating issues at bay with the liquid cooling , even after intensive use i never found the phone to heat up , yes it does get warm but never so much that i had to stop using the handset so i would give the phone at least that.
The screen is brilliant , no complains whatsoever , yes i wished it was slightly curved (not Samsung s6 edge curved but more like the previous lumians curved at the edges). Besides that superb viewing angles, deep blacks , punchy colors all what you would expect from a QHD screen , it feels at par with the QHD screen of the LG G4 .
The camera is marvelous, however if it had more richer options in manual controls( greater control over shutter speed duration mainly, 4seconds just doesn't cut it anymore honestly) i would be sold and honestly the software is to be blamed . While some pictures appear crisp and sharp some appear washed out .
lastly the pricing .
The 950 is priced at RS.43,000/- while the 950 XL is priced at Rs.49,990/- which is quite disappointing when you compare the same with the other flagships. My LG G4 costed me Rs.33,500/- which has identical specs to the Lumia 950 and i really don't see why there is such a price difference.

will i pick up one of these? No. Why? cause these phones just don't make the cut that the lumians did in the past for me and i have always been a windows fan starting with the lumia 610 to the 720 and finally the 1020 and i thoroughly miss windows phones mainly due to the no nonsense right to the point behavior of the OS which android CANNOT provide , but i don't see myself investing in the 950 twins anytime soon .

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Finally got through to Argos to cancel on third time of trying, first time gave up after 30 mins, second time got through but call went dead, third time only 12 mins to get through. I have cancelled, and as but as others of said they have to cancel with their supplier before they can process my refund. I tried to get an assurance that I would be contacted when it was going through but I got the impression that for these types of orders it's unlikely I will hear, so I am probably going to have to call one more time.

The bosses at Argos should be made to listen to 'your call is important to us' on loop for 8 hours a day until they realise the best way of showing that is to reduce the need for calls and speed up the answering of them. At the moment the one thing I am certain of is my call isn't important to them...

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Clove have rattled through their stock (of black anyway) already to fulfil pre-orders and a bit of a rush of new ones today, but are expecting a 2nd delivery tomorrow.

ioioos

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I've been following the action but not yet posted.

I just took a lunchtime trip to CPW Cambridge and they had both phones in.

I had been leaning towards the 950, but the 950XL didn't feel that much bigger so I think it would be my phone of choice. However, I didn't pull the trigger and get one, because it didn't feel very high end. My current phone is a White 930 and despite being a bit heavy, I think its the nicest looking phone on the market. Build wise, the new ones feel a step back (I was envying the Sony Z5, and the Galaxy 6+ look and quality, but I wouldn't go back to android).

I have been keeping an eye on the Mozo cases, but I'm waiting for reports on the plastic surround. If I were to go with a 950XL, I think I would prefer the mozo horizontal flip (like a book), but I read on their site that the phone is attached to the case with tape. Strange, particularly as the vertical flip case is pre attached to a new phone back, which makes much more sense.

The brown phone back looks nice, but as I said, the 'metal' look and durability worry me a bit, plus I would also want another case to slip it onto (I put my naked 930 into an excellent Snakehive brown leather pull up case.

Has anyone yet had a hands on experience with the Mozo cases?

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Honestly don't find my phone feels cheap in any way. I come from a HTC One M8 (Android version), and this new phone makes the HTC look about 10 years old. Not actually too fussed about getting a Mozo case at all any more, now I've been using it in my hands. The only reason I would consider getting one is for the extra grip that the rubber (or leather??) would give.

I've received only praise for the look, feel and design of the thing :)

ioioos

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Glad if feels good. Were you coming from a 930? I might be in a minority but I feel the 930 is a quality cut above the rest (I had a 920, 1020, 925 and 640). I loved the 730 quality too (possibly my favourite design) but I didn't own one as I always tended to have the flagship model.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Glad if feels good. Were you coming from a 930? I might be in a minority but I feel the 930 is a quality cut above the rest (I had a 920, 1020, 925 and 640). I loved the 730 quality too (possibly my favourite design) but I didn't own one as I always tended to have the flagship model.

Came from a HTC One M8 which was one of the first all-aluminium body phones, supposedly looking amazing, but looks so ridiculously dated now.

Haven't seen or felt the 930. I have had a 920 and it did feel solid but was rather bulky (and no removable back, so I felt a case was required on top, no fears with the 950 xl).

The Mozo cases (the non-cover ones at least) have plastic sides but are brushed with metal so they look (and feel, for the most part) like metal. The cases with a cover seem less popular in general so haven't seen much about them.

Have you seen this? Hands-on with Mozo's leather covers for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL | Windows Central

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes