950XL Waiting Room

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody give some advice. Is there any real and/or noticeable difference between the 950 and xl like performance wise and battery life wise. I'm in a bind on which phone to get. I like the bigger screen of the xl but hate the idea of a dual sim phone.

The processor is different of course - this has been shown in various reviews and first impressions that it does make a difference to how long the rich capture photos take to process and perhaps 4k videos are saved also...
i dont think otherwise anyone has shown any tangible difference to the daily use.
So, it will come down to how it feels in the hand for you.
Dual sim phones - you can use one sim and leave the other... there may be an option to remove that extra sim symbol soon... but for now its there... if you dont use it - it wont be a detriment either.
what phone are you using right now? what size screen?
im going from a 4" to the 950XL... i dont want regret not getting the biggest screen and the fastest processor further down the line.

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Buy mobiles .net have removed the 'temporarily unavailable' notice from the order tracking webpage. Also sent me an email to contact them before they will send it. On hold now, but they close in 5 minutes...

Nambi Guazu

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I bought my phone, pre-ordered, when it was first announced on 11/16/15 that pre-orders were now open. I put in my order for the 950XL in black and then waited. The status never changed from "order in process", said it would ship by 11/25.....Never did. call MS and talked to a tech, worked my way up to highest level tech. Yesterday I was finally told that my order was LOST. LOST, I say, how? Said there was a glitch in system, we went through the steps to place a new order and have it shipped over night for my troubles......guess what I was told? yep! Got it right. OUT-OF-STOCK!!!! Not happy right now. Come on MS, get new phones out to us, we are waiting. Anyone else in same boat?

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well still no news or update from Argos but the 950 from CPW arrived just in time before I left work. Dealing with CPW (even when there was an order issue to a typo my end) has been a dream compared to Argo$.

Like a lot of people have said on here it is a disgrace that Argo$ have charged us even though they quite frankly seem to have no clue when they will get any XL's in stock.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Well still no news or update from Argos but the 950 from CPW arrived just in time before I left work. Dealing with CPW (even when there was an order issue to a typo my end) has been a dream compared to Argo$.

Like a lot of people have said on here it is a disgrace that Argo$ have charged us even though they quite frankly seem to have no clue when they will get any XL's in stock.

Well. After I cancelled my order 2 days ago... It turned up today!! Phoned them up and they said the supplier probably didnt look at their emails.. Great! Thanks...

Gotta phone the supplier tomorrow and get them to collect it... Would have refused delivery if it wasnt delivered to a neighbour and wasnt in a completely unbranded box!!!

spe317

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
In reference to US Microsoft stores playing the waiting game...

After having to change my delivery method, they made me cancel my order. I then miraculously found another to order from MS this Monday. I bought the expedited shipping because who wants to wait. Then today I noticed a change on my order status to the dreaded "Back-ordered."

I went the rounds and was finally put in contact with a customer service rep who repeatedly assured me that said phone would be shipped out ON Dec 11th.

Perhaps they waited to update all the phones with .29 or they are just awful at math.

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Well. After I cancelled my order 2 days ago... It turned up today!! Phoned them up and they said the supplier probably didnt look at their emails.. Great! Thanks...

Gotta phone the supplier tomorrow and get them to collect it... Would have refused delivery if it wasnt delivered to a neighbour and wasnt in a completely unbranded box!!!

Well at least that means they are starting to ship, but it is just further proof of how shocking they have been all round. If you don't mind could I ask what date you ordered yours with Argo$?

Xaxxus

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
its good to know that these are out of stock. I went on the 25th to a Microsoft store and they told me I was the first one to buy one.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Is the 905 XL being sold yet in brick and mortar tech stores, like best buy or the like? I'm waiting for that. Though the phone might come to Argentina locally before that happens, it's weird, I wouldn't have to import it.

StreekG

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My only issue now is finding a case, Mozo is nice but expensive, they don't seem to remove VAT upon purchase when you select Australia...

Here is mine in black
WP_20151210_11_32_06_Pro_LI%202_zpsgt1q4eqv.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro