950XL Waiting Room

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
If anyone finds the suppliers phone number that Argos used, can you let me know? I wrote it down at home and I've forgotten it. It's [areacode that I've forgotten] 070707, or 707070, can't remember which :\

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Argos must be really bad then...

My latest experience with Carphone Warehouse customer services. I cancelled my order because they lied about having it in stock for next day delivery. Cancellation 'went through', but they still charged by card and didn't refund the ?470 because I "didn't ask for a refund"...so they had ?470 sat on my 'account' just waiting with no order. I ask for a refund and initial response is that it will take 7-14 days, when I queried that they went away and came back with 3-5 working days....

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
CPW were fairly bad, but nowhere near as bad as Argos. I had to have 2 phone calls with CPW to get my original order cancelled (How I had ?470 on my 'account' when I don't have an account with them is beyond me). Argos has been 6 phone calls, 1 delivery that I had cancelled, more phone calls to their supplier pending......

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I must admit I was very lucky with CPW's service for my 950 order where as my 950xl order with Argos has been a shambles like a lot of people here have experienced.

What annoys me the most is the dealing with their supplier you guys are having to do, I don't think it is acceptable for Argos to function this way. My order is with Argos not with anyone else and from a customer perspective I shouldn't see, know or be affected by anybody other than Argos.

When I go and buy things on Amazon it clearly stars if I am buying directly from them or if it is fulfilled by them on someone else's behalf or if I am just flat out buying from a 3rd party through the Amazon site which is fine as I have all the information to make my own choice of going through with the order where as to me Argos have been very dodgy in the way they are acting here in terms of updates refunds the lot.

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Exactly reerdo, I was lucky with CPW and ordered my white 950XL on Monday and had it delivered on Tuesday. My Amazon order took two clicks to cancel, Argos took 3 phone calls, and I don't think I am finished talking to them and probably their supplier yet... Argos should have a simple rule, if we can't get integrated data to/from our supplier then we shouldn't offer the product for sale until it is in our warehouse. It is madness for customer services to be having to talk to the supplier and utter madness for the customer to be talking to them!

mei01

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If anyone finds the suppliers phone number that Argos used, can you let me know? I wrote it down at home and I've forgotten it. It's [areacode that I've forgotten] 070707, or 707070, can't remember which :\

Argos supplier is called Exertis, phone number 01256 707070. Good luck with them!

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Argos supplier is called Exertis, phone number 01256 707070. Good luck with them!

Thanks buddy. I phoned them up, and the plot thickens.... "Argos need to schedule a return from their portal. I have no idea why Argos are telling customers to phone us directly but they need to do it".

mei01

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally leaving the Waiting Room, after getting my 950XL yesterday!
Chose to order the white one from CPW, rather than waiting for Argos to get their act together. Dreading the phone call with them to cancel!
Phone is incredible, coming from a 2 year old 1020. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Phoned Argos back up and spoke to a guy named Neil. They said that was correct and Argos need to trigger a collection. He sorted it all out and Exertis will contact me directly to arrange a pick up now.. Fingers crossed this is the end of it!

Moral of the story: Never trust a Northerner on the phone when they are probably just about to finish their shift :p :grin:

mei01

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks buddy. I phoned them up, and the plot thickens.... "Argos need to schedule a return from their portal. I have no idea why Argos are telling customers to phone us directly but they need to do it".

Ha, Exertis must be getting annoyed with all the phone calls from equally annoyed customers! If they and Argos only kept customers updated, they might not be in this situation.

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Now I get reminded I have a brilliant bank (First Direct) - spoke to explain about my balance due to CPW taking the money when they shouldn't and then making things difficult to get a refund. They said 'thats not right'. They have immediately refunded my account and are taking it up with CPW (this is a debit card payment not credit card, so not covered the same way in law), nothing was a problem for them in helping me out. Now that is customer service. After all the hassles, it is good to be reminded by excellent companies like First Direct and Clove.co.uk that there is such a thing as great customer service. Microsoft Store and Carphone Warehouse should look to them and learn.

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Now I get reminded I have a brilliant bank (First Direct) - spoke to explain about my balance due to CPW taking the money when they shouldn't and then making things difficult to get a refund. They said 'thats not right'. They have immediately refunded my account and are taking it up with CPW (this is a debit card payment not credit card, so not covered the same way in law), nothing was a problem for them in helping me out. Now that is customer service. After all the hassles, it is good to be reminded by excellent companies like First Direct and Clove.co.uk that there is such a thing as great customer service. Microsoft Store and Carphone Warehouse should look to them and learn.

Unfortunately, as I found out yesterday, First Directs W10M app doesn't actually work. It opens, it falls back. I downloaded the FirstDirect icon off of Bing Images and got an app to pin the online banking web address to my start..

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my white 950 XL on Tuesday from CPW. Still no delivery or dispatch email. When I phoned they said they had stock in.

Update: Just checked with CPW and the order didn't go through! Failed security check or some rubbish. Now everywhere is available for preorder on the 21st. Where should I order from?

Last edited:

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure of availability direct from Microsoft but I may just wait and watch Amazon hopefully they might have some stock available that we can just jump in an buy on the 21st

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett