950XL Waiting Room

Jips

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine from CPW on Tuesday evening, txt today saying its coming via DPD between 4 & 5

Still fighting with Argos, who have taken my money, but cannot supply the goods, and won't refund for whatever reason.
I am sure that is a breach of something... how can they take money with no hope of supply, even though they say we will contact you within 48 hours!!
My contract is with Argos, and they cannot fulfil, therefore should refund. I couldn't care less about their contract with their supplier, that's their business (or not as it seems)

A_Pieman

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Argos have no clue about stock availability, they have a contract with a third party to supply them and the third party doesn't appear to know either. If I was to guess they will get more around the same time as Amazon.

Jips if you are getting no joy with Argos, talk to your card issuer/bank about the transaction. They may be able to do something.

Simon Rhodes

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine on the 1st from Argos and came the 9th. I love the phone the feel and speed is great and although not super fast Windows Hello seems to work for me in both light and dark conditions I think it's works very well for being in beta.

also the Lumia app is installed on the phone to get the free dock which has already been ordered just waiting for delivery from Microsoft.

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
just pulled the trigger on an amazon uk as it is advertised as being in stock s we will see how it goes (already cancelled on amazon order when I switched to Argos then cancelled my Argos order so hope this one will arrive with no hassle).

Last edited:

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine - dual SIM. Nice device. A sim which did not worked in the second position in BLU Win HD LTE works on this phone as the second SIM. My problem is that while trying to choose a HDMI to DVI or VGA adapter the only local provider for HD-500 docking station ran out of stock. So I got for the moment just a phone, not a sort of PC as I was expecting. Hope to got that box before Christmas. And I have no update available above 10.0.10586.0 - the phone is the dual SIM model for UK because I had the default KB, language and time zone UK/Dublin/London/etc...

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
just pull the trigger n amazon uk as it is advertised as being in stock s we will see how it goes (already cancelled on amazon order when I switched to Argos then cancelled my Argos order so hope this one will arrive with no hassle).

Just reordered with Amazon for the 950 XL, had to order it in black as that was the only colour they had, white was preorder only. With express shipping it should be with me Saturday so I can have a quick play then it's getting wrapped up for Christmas and find a MOZO cognac case for it.

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine - dual SIM. Nice device. A sim which did not worked in the second position in BLU Win HD LTE works on this phone as the second SIM. My problem is that while trying to choose a HDMI to DVI or VGA adapter the only local provider for HD-500 docking station ran out of stock. So I got for the moment just a phone, not a sort of PC as I was expecting. Hope to got that box before Christmas. And I have no update available above 10.0.10586.0 - the phone is the dual SIM model for UK because I had the default KB, language and time zone UK/Dublin/London/etc...

Are you in the UK with a dual sim version, was it bought from the UK or Europe? Wouldn't mind a duel sim version just so I can have my business number and personal number in like device

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Just reordered with Amazon for the 950 XL, had to order it in black as that was the only colour they had, white was preorder only. With express shipping it should be with me Saturday so I can have a quick play then it's getting wrapped up for Christmas and find a MOZO cognac case for it.

I'm curious if I can change the colour I ordered. I'm going to replace the cover with a Mozo one anyway (whenever that comes in stock.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If ordered from amazon then you might be able to, there's a edit order feature, or cancel quickly and reorder
I had a chat with the Amazon customer service and I managed to cancel the order for the white one, and order a black one, which will now be here within 2 days and I still managed to maintain my discount. Great news!

TheMogster

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Received my 950XL on Friday 4th.

Feel things maybe a bit early for #windows10mobile
1. Had lots of apps randomly crashing
2. Numerous random reboots, one even during a call
3. Cortana launching randomly during phone calls and searching the web!

Like the phone and will persevere ... next build trying to download all day but not going anywhere except for heating up and draining the battery!

Hey ho ... the joys of Windows10!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
well - update for the second wave of orders for the USA...
i just checked (in the past half hour) and saw that my order is now showing complete and i have a tracking number...
no further info on the UPS website as to what the shipping speed is - i had requested express and ordered it also - but in a chat earlier today i was told it might ship standard and after i said i ordered express, i was told to check the speed and let them know , they may refund and give a promotion code also...
So for the USA orders - check your order history - you may have a tracking number...
fyi - my order is for a white 950 XL (dual sim) unlocked

Ben Schmidt1

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of tracking numbers... I'm having a hard time getting cortana to track my packages... even from Amazon... "can't find any packages." Suggestions?

Michael F Parker

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My reaction when I get home, check email, and have a shipping notification for my US Microsoft Store order. vwMinh.jpg
Still have to wait for it to arrive but at least I know it's finally on the way and Chase didn't block the charge again.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre