950XL Waiting Room

Adam Chapman1

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Received my 950XL on Friday 4th.

Feel things maybe a bit early for #windows10mobile
1. Had lots of apps randomly crashing
2. Numerous random reboots, one even during a call
3. Cortana launching randomly during phone calls and searching the web!

Like the phone and will persevere ... next build trying to download all day but not going anywhere except for heating up and draining the battery!

Hey ho ... the joys of Windows10!

Yeah I've had a few... 'quirks' now! My Ford Sync bluetooth phones me when I receive a Text and reads it out rather than displaying it on screen, which is fine, but you aren't hang up the call after. I have to speak to my car to get it to go into private, then turn off my stereo and turn it back on again for it to stop being a ballbag!

Also, minor thing which I've logged on the feedback, if you have an app open with a keyboard, and then you switch to another app, copy something, then go back to the first app, the 'Paste' button is shaded out (even if it wasn't previously), and you have to close and re-open the keyboard in order to be able to paste.

As well as it taking 7 hours for me to receive some texts, which then appear in the incorrect order! And group skype chats crashing out messages......

Okay, perhaps more than a few. Here's hoping it's all fixed fast..

bilemke

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've had a few... 'quirks' now! My Ford Sync bluetooth phones me when I receive a Text and reads it out rather than displaying it on screen, which is fine, but you aren't hang up the call after. I have to speak to my car to get it to go into private, then turn off my stereo and turn it back on again for it to stop being a ballbag!

You happen to change the option on Windows Phone to speak incoming text message when connected to bluetooth audio devices?

1st_Raven

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just spoke to Argos. Phones Delayed to next wednesday now. Ordered Cancelled and ordered via Amazon for delivery. How can a company be this bad at getting orders out of the door.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a chat with the Amazon customer service and I managed to cancel the order for the white one, and order a black one, which will now be here within 2 days and I still managed to maintain my discount. Great news!
Thanks, I did the same - made a new order for the Black (arriving tomorrow) but did a webchat to get the cheaper pre-order price I had for the White - ?5 saving, happy days!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
update on my white unlocked dual sim 950XL from microsoft USA
so, i got an early morning call this morning from microsoft escalations department - they reacted to my tweets about poor service and no ETAs from earlier this week.
They apologized and told me the phone was on its way... something i knew last night.
I checked this morning and the phone is out for delivery which is likely to be late afternoon if schedule holds for UPS deliveries..
thats ok - i dont have a ATT nano sim - that needs to get sorted out yet as ATT said they were sending and then didnt... so i'll make a trip to ATT store sometime soon i guess.. not wanting to power it up without the sim card but do want to play with it!
Good luck to the rest who are still waiting - im sure its going to be soon now...
Fwiw, the microsoft escalations person said they sold more than they had placed orders for and that was the reason for the delay... hopefully the black 950XLs will be out soon too.

RyanGross

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
My phone still shows on backorder...when I ordered, it said shipped by the 8th. What is this crap.

Edit: Oh don't worry guys, I called support and they assured me that if my order isn't shipped out today, that it'll be shipped out in the next wave.

Bravo. Thanks support.

Last edited:

peekay13

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
Just off the phone to Argos, they called the supplier and told me they were further delayed and will not be delivered until the 17th Dec.

I told them just to cancel it and I have re-ordered with Amazon and my phone is coming tomorrow.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Probably my final post in this thread. I finally got a chance to get over to a brick & mortar store to purchase Microsoft Complete for my 950XL. $99 + tax. Didnt take very long. Just needed my receipt and he entered my IMEI.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i'm hoping that since my order was placed on 11/24 i will be able to get the Complete with the 49 dollar deductible instead of the 99 deductible...
note, i will receive in hand the phone today, but hoping they take into account when i actually ordered it.

reerdo

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
I received a text from Argos out the blue that "Microsoft have regrettably advised that, following some unexpected software issues the release of the Microsoft Lumia will be slightly delayed."

Well I am not sure how to take this, have Microsoft put a stop on further deliveries to suppliers or are Argos getting desperate? They don't mention what Lumia in the text and I do find it amusing that they text me on my Microsoft Lumia 950 that I got 2 days ago.

spe317

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently giving them hell. MS Store made me cancel an earlier order so I could get expedited shipping and now I'm told it'll be ground shipped in 5-7 days. I keep being told that it's out of our hands and its UPS that is screwed up the orders. I contacted UPS who informed me that the order is indeed Ground and that info was sent to them by MS... I have never had a worse customer experience this past 2 weeks and if I can no longer in good faith recommend the MS Store.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've just cancelled my order from CPW today which was made because previously Amazon told me my pre order will be delayed until the 22nd. I ended up ordering from Amazon again today since the black 950 XL is in stock and it says the phone should be guaranteed arriving tomorrow 12th Dec. Hate this hopping from one retailer to another just to get a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte