Lumia 950 XL Pre-Order Started UK..

Hans Swolfs

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
pre-ordered mine too (Belgium) and it came with a sweet extra : I get the MS display dock for free with it :)

Shipping 6th december... Fun times coming with my Band 2 coming end of november :)

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that was more difficult than expected. Tried first in Firefox and it tried to add ?529.99 with ?9.34 (expedited shipping) and it made ?627.66! Support could only suggest (after 25 mins) trying another browser, so I tried with Edge and the site bombed out, they said there are issues with the store and Edge so could I use IE11....so did that and the site then duplicated the order and pre-authorised my card twice...they've said they have cancelled one, but it won't be immediate....
If I was a floating buyer I would have given up and gone elsewhere....

ms_store_error.PNG

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that was more difficult than expected. Tried first in Firefox and it tried to add ?529.99 with ?9.34 (expedited shipping) and it made ?627.66! Support could only suggest (after 25 mins) trying another browser, so I tried with Edge and the site bombed out, they said there are issues with the store and Edge so could I use IE11....so did that and the site then duplicated the order and pre-authorised my card twice...they've said they have cancelled one, but it won't be immediate....
If I was a floating buyer I would have given up and gone elsewhere....

Yes, the maths seems a bit off there, doesn't it?

On my invoice, I have:
Shipping - ?7.78
Subtotal - ?449.44
Sales tax - ?89.89
Total - ?539.33

It looks to me that your "subtotal" is the cost with VAT applied, and then tax has been applied again. Your sub-total should be ?449.44, same as mine. You have more postage though, are you in Jersey, where the tax is different?

quantum1990

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh, received pre order email 3:30am, just saw it now, went to order and just says 'email me when available' bummer! Hopefully it'll be available in waves throughout the day so the site doesn't crash or something!

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No, straight UK. They've just mixed at matched what is VAT incl and not, then just added VAT on again I think. I wonder if that is why they have taken them back off pre-order, not stock management, but that the web-coding was knackered.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No, straight UK. They've just mixed at matched what is VAT incl and not, then just added VAT on again I think. I wonder if that is why they have taken them back off pre-order, not stock management, but that the web-coding was knackered.

Ok, just wondering why you got charged more for shipping than me. Looks like your shipping cost has also had tax applied (20%).

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the maths seems a bit off there, doesn't it?

On my invoice, I have:
Shipping - ?7.78
Subtotal - ?449.44
Sales tax - ?89.89
Total - ?539.33

It looks to me that your "subtotal" is the cost with VAT applied, and then tax has been applied again. Your sub-total should be ?449.44, same as mine. You have more postage though, are you in Jersey, where the tax is different?

Once it was all sorted out my numbers matched yours....

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm still deciding whether to pre order it or not. I'd like to feel like I'm getting s good deal by trading in my old phone or getting a dock etc, plus I might want to see one in real life before pulling the trigger.

Decisions are hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss