Nov 16th release day??

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
For the hell of it I went to MS's online sales chat to find if they had any idea when they will be releasing the 950XL and why B&H Photo and they're brick and mortar Stores were taking pre-orders but they weren't online yet and the answers were interesting to say the least but may also have been not quite right.. Unfortunately for some reason we kept losing connection and finally lost it completely so I went to the video chat.. The text sales woman said the AT&T vers?on will be released first on Nov 16th but they didn't know as of now when the unlocked version will be released BUT could be as late as Dec.. What makes me wonder if this is correct is B&H is listing the unlocked 950XL Expected availability Dec.15 AND the AT&T date of Nov 16th is on a Monday which makes sense for a new device release day/date.
As for the video chat that sales woman could only say the AT&T 950XL will be released in Nov and the fastest way to get one unless your high on the Brick&Mortar Microsoft Store's pre-order list (they can't say how many each store will be allocated initially so if the get 25 and your #26 you have to wait for the next shipment, same goes for the AT&T stores). BUT if you jump on the online store's Pre-order list early (which should start in the next few days) you should actually receive the phone on the release day... Guess they will pre-ship them a day or so before the release day...
That all said, I like I'm sure you all will take all this with a grain of salt lol... But I'm still going to check the sales page quite often for the next few days just in case 😁

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing some very very good news....:angel:

I appreciate MS releasing the Preview , but I am eager to obtain a new device

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I did and I'm the OP lol. I've bookmarked the order page and check it regularly.. I will post immediately when the pre-order page does appear, please do the same if you get it before me :)

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the info...
if i am understanding you correctly - we could still pre-order the 950XL unlocked from microsoft online stores, WHEN they become available and MAY get them Nov 16th if we are high up on the pre-order list?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious what model phones Microsoft is selling directly. They don't say which RM number they are but the description doesn't mention dual SIMs. But the 950XL I played with in a Microsoft store (when I placed my pre-order) was a dual SIM model. If they really are selling single SIM then even if I can get my Windows Store pre-order a few days or weeks sooner than my pre-order at B&H (which is a dual SIM), I'll pass on the Microsoft Store phone.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the info...
if i am understanding you correctly - we could still pre-order the 950XL unlocked from microsoft online stores, WHEN they become available and MAY get them Nov 16th if we are high up on the pre-order list?

They couldn't say for sure but it definitely sounded like the AT&T version will be released first (Nov. 16th).. Never purchased a phone from the Microsoft Store, do they sell AT&T MS Nokia phones there, I would think they'd only sell the unlocked version and leave the selling the AT&T version to AT&T?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
They couldn't say for sure but it definitely sounded like the AT&T version will be released first (Nov. 16th).. Never purchased a phone from the Microsoft Store, do they sell AT&T MS Nokia phones there, I would think they'd only sell the unlocked version and leave the selling the AT&T version to AT&T?
The on-line Microsoft store sells carrier versions and unlocked, but mostly carrier versions in the past. I never noticed what they sell in the physical stores. Don't see any reason they wouldn't sell the AT&T version 950s. Its like Best Buy and Walmart sells AT&T phones. They are just acting as selling agents for AT&T.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

I bought an AT version 640 at the MS store.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The on-line Microsoft store sells carrier versions and unlocked, but mostly carrier versions in the past. I never noticed what they sell in the physical stores. Don't see any reason they wouldn't sell the AT&T version 950s. Its like Best Buy and Walmart sells AT&T phones. They are just acting as selling agents for AT&T.

I bought an AT version 640 at the MS store.

Ahhhh ok thanks guys.. I've been checking both online for pre-orders;

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Smartphones - Microsoft - USA

Buy Microsoft Lumia 950 XL ? Unlocked - Microsoft Store

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Two things that I don't get here:

1. We've never heard that AT&T will get the 950 XL, yet it's mentioned here. Maybe it's a typo, but if not, I provide much skepticism with a pinch of hope.
2. The Lumia 920 released at AT&T on November 9th, 2012. That was a Friday. The iPhones always launch on Fridays. Why does Monday make sense here?

I won't bother to trust unsubstantiated claims by an employee of a company that's so aimless with its mobile plan.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
The text sales woman said the AT&T vers?on will be released first on Nov 16th but they didn't know as of now when the unlocked version will be released...AND the AT&T date of Nov 16th is on a Monday which makes sense for a new device release day/date.

FYI All AT&T releases are always Friday and never Monday ;)

A more likely date, imo, which I reported this morning, is Friday, November 20.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i am interested in the Band2 - but i think they will price it accordingly as its stand alone price is 249 and the dock is approx 100?
so i guess they could combo the dock and give it away for the same price and / or combo the band2 and maybe only add 100 to the price - as an extra incentive.... or they could just give away band1?
so, having said all THAT... im interested in paying the least of course :) so dock it is....
perhaps they might reduce the price of band2 also?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss