Important colour question ;)

Matthew Leibowitz

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you a black or a white guy? LOL... The question is what colour phone should I get? The Black is near and professional and the white is different.
I know its just the cover, but extra covers are hard to get hold of here in South Africa. This makes the colour a bit important as it will probably stay that way for some time.
This it's definitely a personal preference, but any suggestions? The main reason is that I will have to get hold of it via an online store, so no real hands on beforehand.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would go for the black, especially if it will stay on for an extended period, the white could get darker (depending on usage)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This it's definitely a personal preference, but any suggestions? The main reason is that I will have to get hold of it via an online store, so no real hands on beforehand.
I prefer white. Every phone I've had has been white except the yellow 1520.3 I use now. But I ordered a black 950XL just for a switch. But also because there was no chance I wouldn't like it since I have a different back on order. Which brings up the question of are you going to use any case. Because if you are and its not a clear case, nobody will see the factory back anyway.

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Had to go white, don't really like either.

I've had a red 920 which I loved and a yellow 1020 so having to go back to boring black or white is a step backwards for me.

White was the only option though as I can't go black as it's the most boring bog standard colour for phones.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Had to go white, don't really like either.

I've had a red 920 which I loved and a yellow 1020 so having to go back to boring black or white is a step backwards for me.
Nobody has to have white or black. There are, and will be more, aftermarket backs. I think its great that MS just offers two bland backs for those who don't care. If they offered a rainbow, it would raise the cost for those who are okay with white or black because the price of the phone would go up to cover the need to manage separate inventories, etc..Plus there would be less incentive for 3rd parties to design and make alternatives if MS satisfied all the "I just want to be different" market. These are premium phones, pay a little and get exactly what you want from the aftermarket. Much better than being stuck with 3 or 4 colors and no alternative materials or textures from MS.

You really want your car to look great or stand out, buy a set of aftermarket wheels to replace the bland or "everyone has them" factory wheels. I see aftermarket Lumia backs as a similar situation and a great feature other phones don't offer. Think of the poor iPhone customer stuck with their rose gold phone they can't change with their tastes or for different situations. Its like, here's your new car sir/madam and you'll be happy to know you can't replace the factory wheels, or tint the windows, or .....

Last edited:

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I would have liked an orange or green version. Don't like Microsoft's stance on just bringing out boring colours when Nokia worked so hard on bringing bright bold colours to the game.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I would have liked an orange or green version. Don't like Microsoft's stance on just bringing out boring colours when Nokia worked so hard on bringing bright bold colours to the game.
I don't understand the logic of some people. Some act like they can't have a particular model phone just because their GSM carrier doesn't sell it. Others act like they can't have the color phone back they want if Microsoft doesn't sell them. Talk about glasses half empty. And apparently half full with **** and leaking to boot. Wake up people. The MS model is BETTER than the competition. You can buy aftermarket backs. With an iPhone you're stuck with whatever Apple offers. You can already get various leather backs for the 950s and that's just the tip of the iceberg. You will likely be able to get just abut any color, texture, material you can imagine.

Last edited:

Matthew Leibowitz

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys... No use fighting here. I did mention that it is hard to get colour backs here in South Africa. High end Windows Phones are not that popular here, I'm one of the few that spend money on Microsoft products. Seems the iPhone is the ultimate phone... Crazy right? ;) Anyway, getting a different back means I'll have to import it... As that is what I do to get my phone in the first place. Anyone know of a Microsoft friendly shop in SA, otherwise it'll be black... Can't have my phone going yellow with age, even though I probably won't have it long enough

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss