What are we going to do 2 days after we get our new 950/950XL?

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
We're all eagerly awaiting the release, shipment, and receipt of our new phones!!! :confused: But you know, after two days, we're going to be back to business as usual. What will we do then? I'm going to go through some sort of withdrawal.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess that many people will be either complaining that something doesn't work, or start complaining about waiting for the next W10M build.

Or waiting for their DsiplayDock device to arrive (which they'll probably end up not using on a regular basis).

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
i'll be waiting for the hopefully included combo device to arrive, taking photos / videos and comparing it to my 808 Pureview... and well, enjoying the first windows smartphone flagship for me...
did i mention i would be showing my wife how much BETTER it is than her iPhone? :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Creating and monitoring the Review, Quick Impression and Bug + Defects threads is what Mods and Admins will be doing. Not for two hours, or two days... Probably keep us busy for months. You people are vociferous to a fault.

:winktongue:

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
And playing with your new phone will give you something to do on those long lonely nights.

:)
Actually though, she likes Windows Mobile 10; have been showing her that on the 521 with her profile on it - and it truly has made leaps and bounds with the last few builds and is quite fluid now.
She wants apps that do what she wants to do and she just wants the phone to work....
Windows 10 Mobile gives you this latter but not the former....
but she does admit that iOS and her iPhone is not as good in many ways...
she's reasonable and not one of the masses.

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to be finding apps or replacements of apps I used to have on iPhone. Then I'd be showing everyone in my class how much better my phone is compared to their iPhones and Androids.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'll probably just be adjusting to the fact that I'll be using a phablet for the first time. I'll be going from 4" screen to a 5.7" screen, so that's going to take some getting used to.

More than anything else, I'll be putting the camera through its paces since it's the feature that's really driving me to the 950XL.

After that, I'm going to be trying to find the limitations of the app store...in order to figure out just how "bad" it is (or if it's not that bad at all).

psurob55

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Do we really think these phones are going to come out soon? It's almost like they are a figment of our imaginations at this point.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, that classification applies to everyone whose posts you read on the interwebz.

I could very well be a figment. I know HoosierDaddy is a huge figment.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll be bragging about Windows Hello facial recognition to my friends and co-workers. Then I'll be taking a bunch of pictures to try out. Who knows maybe a Lumia 950/XL party?!

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I won't have a day "2 days after we get our new 950/950XL" because I'm waiting for the Surface Phone 1060 with angular design, a 60 MP camera sensor, and with a rumored battery life of OVER TWO DAYS*.

* For battery life estimates, "day" is equal to the 9 hour and 50 minute rotational period of Jupiter.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll probably just be adjusting to the fact that I'll be using a phablet for the first time. I'll be going from 4" screen to a 5.7" screen, so that's going to take some getting used to.

More than anything else, I'll be putting the camera through its paces since it's the feature that's really driving me to the 950XL.

After that, I'm going to be trying to find the limitations of the app store...in order to figure out just how "bad" it is (or if it's not that bad at all).
Wow, that's a major adjustment! If I can ask, why the XL and not the 950? It seems like a little less of a shock, even though I know it would be great either way. I'm really just curious, that's all.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I won't have a day "2 days after we get our new 950/950XL" because I'm waiting for the Surface Phone 1060 with angular design, a 60 MP camera sensor, and with a rumored battery life of OVER TWO DAYS*.

* For battery life estimates, "day" is equal to the 9 hour and 50 minute rotational period of Jupiter.

As in the old areosmith song....."dream on"!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb