11-09-2015 12:03 PM
41 12
tools
    We're all eagerly awaiting the release, shipment, and receipt of our new phones!!! But you know, after two days, we're going to be back to business as usual. What will we do then? I'm going to go through some sort of withdrawal.
    Hoekie, libra89 and geekladyemjay like this.
    11-04-2015 09:41 AM
    I'd guess that many people will be either complaining that something doesn't work, or start complaining about waiting for the next W10M build.

Or waiting for their DsiplayDock device to arrive (which they'll probably end up not using on a regular basis).
    11-04-2015 09:46 AM
    i'll be waiting for the hopefully included combo device to arrive, taking photos / videos and comparing it to my 808 Pureview... and well, enjoying the first windows smartphone flagship for me...
    did i mention i would be showing my wife how much BETTER it is than her iPhone? :)
    11-04-2015 10:09 AM
    Creating and monitoring the Review, Quick Impression and Bug + Defects threads is what Mods and Admins will be doing. Not for two hours, or two days... Probably keep us busy for months. You people are vociferous to a fault.

maevinj, tgp, mkenyon2 and 10 others like this.
    11-04-2015 10:23 AM
    did i mention i would be showing my wife how much BETTER it is than her iPhone? :)
    And playing with your new phone will give you something to do on those long lonely nights.
    11-04-2015 11:11 AM
    And playing with your new phone will give you something to do on those long lonely nights.
    #couchlife
    RumoredNow, taymur, ven07 and 3 others like this.
    11-04-2015 11:17 AM
    :)
    Actually though, she likes Windows Mobile 10; have been showing her that on the 521 with her profile on it - and it truly has made leaps and bounds with the last few builds and is quite fluid now.
    She wants apps that do what she wants to do and she just wants the phone to work....
    Windows 10 Mobile gives you this latter but not the former....
    but she does admit that iOS and her iPhone is not as good in many ways...
    she's reasonable and not one of the masses.
    Hoekie and ven07 like this.
    11-04-2015 11:22 AM
    I'm going to be finding apps or replacements of apps I used to have on iPhone. Then I'd be showing everyone in my class how much better my phone is compared to their iPhones and Androids.
    Muessig, Hoekie, Alec Kong and 5 others like this.
    11-04-2015 11:23 AM
    Exhaling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jmajid, RumoredNow, taymur and 4 others like this.
    11-04-2015 11:27 AM
    Been an iPhone user since 2007. It's going to take me a lot more than 2 days to get back to 'business as usual', lol.
    RumoredNow, taymur, ven07 and 3 others like this.
    11-04-2015 12:10 PM
    I'll probably just be adjusting to the fact that I'll be using a phablet for the first time. I'll be going from 4" screen to a 5.7" screen, so that's going to take some getting used to.

More than anything else, I'll be putting the camera through its paces since it's the feature that's really driving me to the 950XL.

After that, I'm going to be trying to find the limitations of the app store...in order to figure out just how "bad" it is (or if it's not that bad at all).
    11-04-2015 12:17 PM
    Do we really think these phones are going to come out soon? It's almost like they are a figment of our imaginations at this point.
    geekladyemjay likes this.
    11-04-2015 12:27 PM
    To be fair, that classification applies to everyone whose posts you read on the interwebz.

I could very well be a figment. I know HoosierDaddy is a huge figment.
    xandros9 likes this.
    11-04-2015 12:54 PM
    To be fair, that classification applies to everyone whose posts you read on the interwebz.

I'm no figment of your imagination.... But I am my own worst nightmare.
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    11-04-2015 12:59 PM
    I'll be bragging about Windows Hello facial recognition to my friends and co-workers. Then I'll be taking a bunch of pictures to try out. Who knows maybe a Lumia 950/XL party?!
    jmajid and Alec Kong like this.
    11-04-2015 01:57 PM
    I won't have a day "2 days after we get our new 950/950XL" because I'm waiting for the Surface Phone 1060 with angular design, a 60 MP camera sensor, and with a rumored battery life of OVER TWO DAYS*.

* For battery life estimates, "day" is equal to the 9 hour and 50 minute rotational period of Jupiter.
    11-04-2015 06:30 PM
    I'll probably just be adjusting to the fact that I'll be using a phablet for the first time. I'll be going from 4" screen to a 5.7" screen, so that's going to take some getting used to.

More than anything else, I'll be putting the camera through its paces since it's the feature that's really driving me to the 950XL.

After that, I'm going to be trying to find the limitations of the app store...in order to figure out just how "bad" it is (or if it's not that bad at all).
    Wow, that's a major adjustment! If I can ask, why the XL and not the 950? It seems like a little less of a shock, even though I know it would be great either way. I'm really just curious, that's all.
    11-04-2015 06:48 PM
    * For battery life estimates, "day" is equal to the 9 hour and 50 minute rotational period of Jupiter.
    I lol'ed but then realized it's probably true.
    11-04-2015 10:06 PM
    I won't have a day "2 days after we get our new 950/950XL" because I'm waiting for the Surface Phone 1060 with angular design, a 60 MP camera sensor, and with a rumored battery life of OVER TWO DAYS*.

As in the old areosmith song....."dream on"!
    Dimitris Vathis likes this.
    11-05-2015 04:00 AM
    What are we going to do 2 days after we get our new 950/950XL?
    At this rate? Watch the launch of the manned mission to Mars.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    11-05-2015 02:19 PM
    Eagerly await the clip to accompany our phones.

http://www.wareable.com/microsoft/co...lip-voice-2016

Then a master chief suit!
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    11-05-2015 03:22 PM
    I'll probably be back to business as usual, yeah. But that business will possibly mean adding a Continuum dock and mouse and keyboard, letting me do that business in a more-efficient fashion. That, and not having to plug my phone in to charge multiple times in a day where I use LTE will be nice.
    11-05-2015 04:20 PM

Hahaha :) Your Surface Phone 1060 will reach production next year, but consider this is the Saturn time zone time, so add another 2 years to that to convert it into Earth's time zone :D So when they say next year, they are not lying, just forget to mention it's Saturn time. Or one of it's moons or something...
    11-05-2015 04:59 PM
    I'll be bragging about Windows Hello facial recognition to my friends and co-workers. Then I'll be taking a bunch of pictures to try out. Who knows maybe a Lumia 950/XL party?!
    Check this vid out. Guy posted on reddit and says that it's awesome and that you don't have to even hold it straight.

11-05-2015 05:27 PM

I now wish for some fig newtons.

...and a new Lumia 950 XL would be nice too...
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    11-05-2015 05:34 PM
41 12