They got their Priv, where is our Lumia?

Bay 13

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
So basically you only buy phones other people say are are good? Sounds like you should get an iPhone if you can't form you're own opinions. If you had actually taken the phone on 14 day trial I could say fair enough, thanks for your input.

PS Forums are poison, I would take them with a pinch of salt. For however much people complain and whine here, those guys are down right mean.

This is not based on my feelings or is it subjective... but issues folks are having with there phones. The problems that are appearing with the Priv appears to be build quality issues. A consistent pattern of problems. If I get reports that a certain furnace brand is consistently breaking down do you think I would buy it: Heck no. I have a Blackberry Z30 and I did not read any consistent hardware problems before buying. And guess what? I have had not one issue with my phone. I ma not loyal to any phone maker. MS, Apple, Blackberry Who ever. I want solid, good performing hardware. I left my Nokia 925 BECAUSE it was freezing up on me and I brought a reliable phone. Most joes who hang out on fourms are fans boys and would not leave there brand for nothing. I said I am leaning towards the 950 but if I hear of a pattern of problems with it I will pause on that phone too. .

Adam Frix

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
This is not based on my feelings or is it subjective... but issues folks are having with there phones. The problems that are appearing with the Priv appears to be build quality issues. A consistent pattern of problems. If I get reports that a certain furnace brand is consistently breaking down do you think I would buy it: Heck no. I have a Blackberry Z30 and I did not read any consistent hardware problems before buying. And guess what? I have had not one issue with my phone. I ma not loyal to any phone maker. MS, Apple, Blackberry Who ever. I want solid, good performing hardware. I left my Nokia 925 BECAUSE it was freezing up on me and I brought a reliable phone. Most joes who hang out on fourms are fans boys and would not leave there brand for nothing. I said I am leaning towards the 950 but if I hear of a pattern of problems with it I will pause on that phone too. .

I, too, paused on the Priv partially because of initial reports--and partially because it's just prudent to wait and see, and let the pioneers get the arrows in the back instead of me.

I expect I will do the same with the 950XL. There's no way that BB and MS, either of them, will hit a flawless home run on these things. BB has a history of shaky launches and ongoing improvements, and no doubt with something like 950XL MS will be in the same boat.

At some point Win10 Mobile will be ready for prime time, but we all know how MS operates--release the beta tests to the world and go from there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro