Just stopped by my local MS store in Austin TX last night, hoping to finger the new phones. I was there about 3weeks ago when they pulled the prototype models.... still no demos and according to the manager it will be late Nov when the phone is available. No mention of demos coming. Is MS seriously going to wait for the phone to be released to have in store demos? Maybe its just here, but its Austin friggin TX. We are like the southern Silicon Valley. Hell, google has a campus here, Apple is building a MASSIVE complex. Youd think we'd have demos.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-08-2015 10:27 AM
    Just stopped by my local MS store in Austin TX last night, hoping to finger the new phones. I was there about 3weeks ago when they pulled the prototype models.... still no demos and according to the manager it will be late Nov when the phone is available. No mention of demos coming. Is MS seriously going to wait for the phone to be released to have in store demos? Maybe its just here, but its Austin friggin TX. We are like the southern Silicon Valley. Hell, google has a campus here, Apple is building a MASSIVE complex. Youd think we'd have demos.
    They are probably still taking pre-orders with zero deposit. If you want one and worry about a huge waiting list by the time they are shipping, pre-order and cancel later if you don't like the ones in the store at that point.

I lucked out and went to the store before they pulled the demo units. But they weren't complete anyway, so most people would still want to try the actual production units with the final OS and firmware before committing. I know I'm not going to open mine until after playing with a production store demo.
    11-08-2015 10:56 AM
    Yeah, the demo they had at the kiosk in the mall was all messed up by the time I played with it. System text was huge and orange, so every toast notification took up the whole screen. Made it look terrible. I should have taken the time to fix it, but I was with my wife and she was wanting to go to another store. They should have had a demo mode for them. Or kids corner or something so people couldn't mess with the system settings.
    11-08-2015 11:04 AM
    NYC flagship had several 950XL demos on display for playing around, the store has only been only for about 2 weeks.

impressions:
    Thought it was a dummy model due to its weight and fantastic screen (looked like a paper printout) initially. Feels thin, nice.
    Photos just look 'ok' taking photos in the store, nothing mind blowing like the samples the blog is showing. Will have to wait and see if it lives up to their hype
    DanHwi likes this.
    11-08-2015 09:30 PM
    I noticed the two Orlando stores also pulled their display units. Why is that?
    11-08-2015 09:49 PM
    Maybe its just here, but its Austin friggin TX. We are like the southern Silicon Valley. Hell, google has a campus here, Apple is building a MASSIVE complex. Youd think we'd have demos.
    Hahahaha....Maybe it is just that "Austin friggin TX" is not as big of a deal as you might want to believe it is..... :-)

Hate to rub it in, but little old Dallas store has a 950xl demo..... hahahahaha
    RumoredNow and Mcoopersmith like this.
    11-08-2015 11:19 PM
    Well the biggest part of the issue with Austin IS that it thinks too highly of itself. But it still stands as a point, WTF.
    11-09-2015 08:58 AM
    Got Microsoft Store?

microsoft store austin tx - Bing

I went to a Microsoft store when I was on the road (none where I live) and played with the 950 XL.
    11-09-2015 11:13 AM
    We don't have any in Mobile friggin Alabama either.

Heck, the name of the city is Mobile, you'd think we'd have all the latest mobile devices here. (talk about making it difficult to search for local business, all the results typically have to do with cellphones)
    11-09-2015 11:30 AM
    We don't have any in Mobile friggin Alabama either.

Heck, the name of the city is Mobile, you'd think we'd have all the latest mobile devices here. (talk about making it difficult to search for local business, all the results typically have to do with cellphones)
    won-internet.jpg
    cheesemoo, jmshub, SPS828 and 1 others like this.
    11-09-2015 11:41 AM
    The stores likely have them. But they won't be put on the shelves until they are running RTM. It is likely being tested to hell on these phones and once insiders get the RTM, the phones will get it and they will probably put them on display. Nothing worse than looking at a display model and seeing bugs popping up. There goes your sale haha.
    11-09-2015 12:41 PM
    the one in san diego doesnt have it either </3 i was just there saturday buying a microsoft band
    11-09-2015 01:35 PM
    Well the biggest part of the issue with Austin IS that it thinks too highly of itself. But it still stands as a point, WTF.
    Your friends down here in SA agree with that statement...
    Allen Rhodes likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:43 PM
    What about the two stores in SA?
    11-09-2015 08:44 PM
    What about the two stores in SA?
    The kiosk in Northstar Mall didn't have any and I haven't been to the La Cantera store, I steer clear of La Cantera, same problem as Austin...
    11-09-2015 08:45 PM
    C'mon, throw some skinny jeans on and help a bruh out
    Jack Neill likes this.
    11-09-2015 08:47 PM
    Its not there, the 950 XL or regular version. I did play with one a while ago when they were first announced. I noticed it was really warm after messing with it for a couple of minutes and it was also a dual sim version.
    11-09-2015 09:33 PM
    Wasnt any on display when i checked on the 6th in the cincy store
    11-09-2015 10:27 PM
    the ones that were on display in seattle were pulled due to the buggy build, according to a sales person I talked to. when the 950 xl was on display, I saw it running 10512, which is super early to have on a store shelf in my opinion.
    11-10-2015 12:52 AM