For those who have done pre-orders with MS

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I know some folks have done pre-orders already with MS (specifically those outside the US markets, such as UK). Were you given a choice between single and dual SIM? I need a dual SIM and I'm concerned about it's availability once they release in the US.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I was told at a Microsoft Store that they would be selling the dual SIM version of 950 XL and would not have the single SIM version of the phone. This was at a mall kiosk store in the U.S.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
That's what I heard at the store as well. However, when you go online to their "Phones" page, they have pulled the dual sim versions. Additionally, they were never a priced option (and by that I mean 'email me when available' option.) I know they've had issues with the W10M on the dual SIM versions. I wonder if those will be pushed back. Also, I think they would want to make it abundantly clear on their ordering page, which flavor you are getting. For me, I would assume if it doesn't say "dual SIM" it's single, but again, you never know.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I would of ordered the duel sim in Australia if it was available. Really feel Microsoft should of just had the duel sim variant. it would of meant one more selling point along with SD card slot and removable battery.

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why they would go through all the trouble of creating a different sku and holding different inventory. If anything, update the firmware to make it only single sim and put in a dumb sim card or just don't install the bracket for it. But alas...Microsoft has not taken the common sense pill far too often when it comes to Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)