Almost Pre-Order Time- free Microsoft Display Dock!!!

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Wonder why your "dual Sim" page does not have a price/color option or "coming soon" written like the other 2 950XL pages??

Good question, that's really been bothering me too. But by the URL that's clearly the dual sim for the US market. That's also the page that comes up on the US site when you search "950 XL Dual SIM".

I hope it won't be a later release :( Otherwise I'll have to pay a 40% import duty in the country I'm going to for receiving it :(

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else notice now if you scroll up the 950XL order page the "email me when available" turns into 2 red arrows revolving ??
Thinking they're getting ready to activate the Add to Cart button??? :smile:

that arrow turning also happens on the mobile site...

also,
i thought the disclaimer text at the bottom of the site shows valid from november 25th... not november 20th:
[FONT=wf_SegoeUI][12] Valid with purchase and offer registration between 11/25/15 and 1/31/16 while supplies last. Redeem promotional code online through Microsoft Store by 2/29/16. Valid credit or debit card required at time of redemption. Visit [/FONT]here[FONT=wf_SegoeUI] for full terms and conditions.[/FONT]

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Couldn't you just have a family member buy it here and then UPS it to you??

3 reasons really.... there are no physical addresses for starters. Everything goes thru the post office and must have the original receipt to establish value for customs, or they won't release it, or they could decide value themselves. Also mail in general is dodgy, it might not even get there. Best to always bring things of value on your person.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
You would think those that preordered first would definitely be the ones ms thanks by ensuring the dock. Otherwise it just seems silly to the max.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am expecting that preorders made in the stores should get the same offer. Before I put in my preorder. I asked the Microsoft rep if I would get any deals or specials if they were announced before the phones arrive, and he told me that I would get any deal such deal and that they would take care me. They will probably have a parallel offer in the stores, so that the offer details outlined online apply to orders placed online. One way or another, I will get a dock. If they do not offer it on my store preorder, I will just order the phone online. I have been hoping we would get the deal in the US, and the announcement made my day! That means the 950XL will be effectively costing me $550 since the dock is $100, not bad for a phone that beats just about every spec of an IPhone 6s plus that would cost over $900. I have my 64g ultra high speed micro SD and blue case ready for my new phone!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Curious why some are only able to pre-order now. I was able to pre-order the 950XL the same day as the MS Oct 6th keynote. Mind you I walked in and did the pre-order in store so not sure how that compares to doing it online. I'm in Toronto, CAN btw.

Also, is this Lumia Offers App a Win10 app? I assume so.

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
That means the 950XL will be effectively costing me $550 since the dock is $100, not bad for a phone that beats just about every spec of an IPhone 6s plus that would cost over $900.

No, that's not how it works. The XL is $650. The dock is worth $100, but they are giving you that for free during the promotion. Once the promotion ends, the phone will still be $650. The only way to look at it is that you received a free $100 dock.

Now if you sold the dock for $100, then you could say the phone only cost $550. But I'm guessing you wanted to keep that.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
No, that's not how it works. The XL is $650. The dock is worth $100, but they are giving you that for free during the promotion. Once the promotion ends, the phone will still be $650. The only way to look at it is that you received a free $100 dock.

Now if you sold the dock for $100, then you could say the phone only cost $550. But I'm guessing you wanted to keep that.

I understand it will still cost me $650, but since I was planning on buying the dock and it costing me $100, it is like I am paying $550 for the phone and $100 for the dock. It is all how you look at it.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I understand it will still cost me $650, but since I was planning on buying the dock and it costing me $100, it is like I am paying $550 for the phone and $100 for the dock. It is all how you look at it.

I agree, and effectively makes it so that the 950 and 950 XL are the same prices, too.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
You guys are so lucky. All the MS products cost way more here in Europe... And you get a free dock with the XL as well.. So unfair. If they wanna be competible they should at least match those prices, that is why all the retards are buying apples here...

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I preordered in store some time ago. Anyone know if the offer will still hold true for those early preorders? That would be a nice present.

Petru Moldovan

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
You guys are so lucky. All the MS products cost way more here in Europe... And you get a free dock with the XL as well.. So unfair. If they wanna be competible they should at least match those prices, that is why all the retards are buying apples here...
The German Amazon says it will give you a free dock in the same package if you preorder until 31 January. I did that and now I will have the first experience on my new 950 XL in German although I am able at most to ask for a beer in that language :)

And yes, this is much more expensive than in the states, my invoice is EUR 728,38 including taxes and transportation from Germany to Romania, but I hope they will send me in the same package that thing.

Last edited:

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I preordered mine at the store, I asked him if I would get any offers that they would announce when it was released, and he said yes, and that they would take care of us. The terms and conditions they have online refer to the purchase online, which makes sense. I would think if they are going to offer the same deal in the stores, that the stores should know soon. Either way, if they do not offer the dock in the stores, and I find that highly unlikely, all we have to do is order online and not pick our preorders. It could mean getting the phone a few days later, but after waiting so long, what's another week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)