11-25-2015 12:19 PM
68 123
tools
    No wireless charger?
    I actually have 2 lol. One old Nokia wireless charging stand I used with my old 920 back in the day. Still works good for the office. At home I used the orange Nokia Wireless pad that glows with notifications and all that. I love them and use them both daily, my only complaints is that charging times on these are super slow. Not ideal for rush charging.

thx for the info on the case - are these a hard material or a soft material?
    just wondering if they will be brittle if dropped or more dampening for the phone if they are soft.
    It's hard plastic but has a bit of flex to it. I did a trial and error with my L1520 and burned through clear cases like crazy. So many were really cheap quality and broke and cracked very easily. I find the IMAK cases to be more sturdy than any other ones I've used. I've dropped my phone before with it and it saved the phone from getting damaged. After a big fall it could potentially crack the case by the volume rockers because it's only a thin strip of plastic there. I can say that after a month or so the back of the case can get a bit scuffed if you place your phone on table tops often. I usually replace my IMAK cases after a couple months to make it look fresh again. For almost $5 you can't go wrong. Sometimes I even buy a few at once.
    jmajid likes this.
    11-16-2015 12:10 PM
    I actually have 2 lol. One old Nokia wireless charging stand I used with my old 920 back in the day. Still works good for the office. At home I used the orange Nokia Wireless pad that glows with notifications and all that. I love them and use them both daily, my only complaints is that charging times on these are super slow. Not ideal for rush charging.

It's hard plastic but has a bit of flex to it. I did a trial and error with my L1520 and burned through clear cases like crazy. So many were really cheap quality and broke and cracked very easily. I find the IMAK cases to be more sturdy than any other ones I've used. I've dropped my phone before with it and it saved the phone from getting damaged. After a big fall it could potentially crack the case by the volume rockers because it's only a thin strip of plastic there. I can say that after a month or so the back of the case can get a bit scuffed if you place your phone on table tops often. I usually replace my IMAK cases after a couple months to make it look fresh again. For almost $5 you can't go wrong. Sometimes I even buy a few at once.
    thanks for the info - thats what i thought too - these are cases you can burn through if needed...
    11-16-2015 12:40 PM
    If I get the 950 I will get the dock and if it is available a waterproof case.
    11-16-2015 01:14 PM
    Wonder how reliable a 200GB microSD card will be...
    128+64+8 = 200GB

128GB microSD is a lot cheaper, and conventional.
    11-16-2015 01:16 PM
    the whole "how big a SD card" take is going to come down to how much "risk" you want to place on that ONE memory card...
    i prefer to have 64GB cards... i ordered a 95MB/s micro SD card the other week for the 950XL when i finally order it.
    got it for 30USD and it comes with a USB-3 reader

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU3294026
    11-16-2015 01:57 PM
    I'm most curious about finding an additional USB C cable for charging at work. I've read not all USB C cables are made equally. Some can fry your battery while some may not offer fast charge. I'd like to grab a quality one
    11-16-2015 02:57 PM
    I would like a proper back like the mozo's that have a flip cover with space for credit cards... But all I find are normal flip covers which I don't need 'course the back is replaceable..

Anyone know if you can get this for the 950XL., and where...
    11-16-2015 03:15 PM
    I would like a proper back like the mozo's that have a flip cover with space for credit cards... But all I find are normal flip covers which I don't need 'course the back is replaceable..

Anyone know if you can get this for the 950XL., and where...
    Mozo will be making flip covers, go to their website.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    11-16-2015 03:27 PM
    I'm most curious about finding an additional USB C cable for charging at work. I've read not all USB C cables are made equally. Some can fry your battery while some may not offer fast charge. I'd like to grab a quality one
    Just buy another one from Microsoft. That way you know it will work

Captpt likes this.
    11-16-2015 03:27 PM
    Mozo will be making flip covers, go to their website.

Ohh, I didn't actually read their description -the pictured flip cover is not what I want.

"Removable back cover (replaces Microsofts original cover)" This is the line I needed :p
    Thx.... Now make them, mozo :D
    11-16-2015 04:12 PM
    Does anyone know if Microsoft sells the black and white backs yet or plans to? I bought a white back but I'd love to have options and love OEM.
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-16-2015 04:12 PM
    As far as accessories go, maybe the white leather or red flip cover for the phone and an external SD. I'm not concerned about the size of the disk either.

I already have two wireless chargers, one at work and one for home. I may get one more for my parent's place, as I stay there during the weekends.

If I happen to grab a display dock, I may give that away but otherwise I'm not looking for one and could care less if I do get one. Maybe, for Christmas, get a Band 2, then again perhaps not.
    11-16-2015 08:37 PM
    Well now that my pre order is officially in for a White 950XL... FINALLY lol..
    I just ordered the Mozo Black Leather Back Cover..
    So now I have the Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand, Mozo Black Leather back cover & Free MS Dock coming eventually... so what's left??? Hmmm..
    11-16-2015 09:23 PM
    I'm looking at the black Mozo backing! Definitely will get that! And some sort of holster for it as I like the style! I'm going to keep it off the case like my Icon is! I live life dangerously!
    11-17-2015 01:30 PM
    I'm looking at the black Mozo backing! Definitely will get that! And some sort of holster for it as I like the style! I'm going to keep it off the case like my Icon is! I live life dangerously!
    I have to think it is as good as a case. I mean I've never seen anything appearing to be bruises on a cow. And as a pilot friend said about why pilots wear leather jackets: Hey, you ever see a cow on fire? So the logical conclusion is that the Mozo cases should protect against anything but drowning.
    jmajid likes this.
    11-17-2015 01:36 PM
    I already have a cable. I don't use wireless charging for my 1520.3 and don't plan to start with the 950XL. I see no advantage anywhere and no practical way to use it in a car. I mean my passengers can barely stay in the seats when belted and my phone can barely stay in my pocket so no way its going to stay on a charging pad and no way I'm going to waste time putting it in some mount.
    I actually love my wireless charger in my car!
    11-17-2015 01:42 PM
    I actually love my wireless charger in my car!
    Oh I think its great for a lot of people. I'm not one.

I shudder to think of a world that that only offered what I like. I would get lonely after everyone else committed suicide!
    11-17-2015 02:14 PM
    I just got a update on my order from Mobile Fun "Mozo Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Genuine Leather Back Cover - Black - is delayed with our suppliers and we have been provided with an updated time of arrival to our warehouse of 11/30/2015"
    11-17-2015 04:07 PM
    One safe solution would almost certainly be to buy google's cable that they have available for the 6P.

I presume you've encountered the recent articles on the Google Engineer who has been reviewing USB-C cables on Amazon.
    11-17-2015 04:25 PM
    I bought this USB-A / USB-C cable which was approved by the Google guy and I'm having no issues using it for a month on my Nexus 5x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...pUvbUpU3296051
    11-17-2015 04:41 PM
    I bought this USB-A / USB-C cable which was approved by the Google guy and I'm having no issues using it for a month on my Nexus 5x.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...pUvbUpU3296100
    That says its USB 2. Do you know if there's any advantage to using a USB 3 cable instead with a 950?
    11-17-2015 05:08 PM
    That says its USB 2. Do you know if there's any advantage to using a USB 3 cable instead with a 950?
    Data transfer. Is the lumia even using usb-c 3.1 or whatever the number is?
    11-17-2015 05:52 PM
    Data transfer. Is the lumia even using usb-c 3.1 or whatever the number is?
    It says at least one place on the MS site the phone has USB3. Of course different MS sites say the 950 has GG3 and GG4. so......
    11-17-2015 05:55 PM
    It says at least one place on the MS site the phone has USB3. Of course different MS sites say the 950 has GG3 and GG4. so......
    It won't affect charging speed if you are worried about that. Only data transfer.
    11-17-2015 06:19 PM
    for $849 ($959.37 after tax) .. I'm not buying any accessories the same day. I've already got a 128GB SD card, maybe I'll get a case later on.
    11-17-2015 06:29 PM
68 123