What accessories will you buy with your 950/XL ?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
the capacity is "only" 2400mAh - wont give a full charge to the 950 or 950XL but still might be worth a buy at 30USD.
That's true if its not plugged in. So it can be looked at like a regular Qi charger that can also be used wirelessly for limited charging. I'm not into Qi charging but always recharge my 1520.3 before 2400mAh wouldn't give a full charge. But do these things slow down a lot as they have less and less remaining juice from the last charge?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That's true if its not plugged in. So it can be looked at like a regular Qi charger that can also be used wirelessly for limited charging. I'm not into Qi charging but always recharge my 1520.3 before 2400mAh wouldn't give a full charge. But do these things slow down a lot as they have less and less remaining juice from the last charge?

From an electrical perspective, the current capacity is there, but it depends on how the circuitry has been programmed to operate... so your guess is probably as good as any, but as we know, the battery in the phone is going to be charged quicker to the first 40 to 50% quicker than the remainder 50% and thats a function of how the recharging circuit works in the phone....
Also, remember, any wireless charging is less efficient than the plug in wired charging, but it provides a much more convenient method of charging and lithium batteries do better when they are charged frequently rather than being depleted - so dont try to go all the way down to 0%....

I think i heard that this wireless charger/ battery can be re-charged and provide wireless charging also at the same time and i think it can operate as a battery wired charger too..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
- Pre-ordered the red leather Mozo battery cover
- Purchased an IMAK clear case (I buy these for all my Lumia's.) Imak Scratch Resistant Clear Crystal Back Cover Case FOR Microsoft Lumia 950XL | eBay
- Purchased a
SanDisk 128GB MicroSD 80/mbps card3
- Continuum dock free with purchase of 950XL

Think I'm good to go.

thx for the info on the case - are these a hard material or a soft material?
just wondering if they will be brittle if dropped or more dampening for the phone if they are soft.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
No wireless charger?
I actually have 2 lol. One old Nokia wireless charging stand I used with my old 920 back in the day. Still works good for the office. At home I used the orange Nokia Wireless pad that glows with notifications and all that. I love them and use them both daily, my only complaints is that charging times on these are super slow. Not ideal for rush charging.

thx for the info on the case - are these a hard material or a soft material?
just wondering if they will be brittle if dropped or more dampening for the phone if they are soft.
It's hard plastic but has a bit of flex to it. I did a trial and error with my L1520 and burned through clear cases like crazy. So many were really cheap quality and broke and cracked very easily. I find the IMAK cases to be more sturdy than any other ones I've used. I've dropped my phone before with it and it saved the phone from getting damaged. After a big fall it could potentially crack the case by the volume rockers because it's only a thin strip of plastic there. I can say that after a month or so the back of the case can get a bit scuffed if you place your phone on table tops often. I usually replace my IMAK cases after a couple months to make it look fresh again. For almost $5 you can't go wrong. Sometimes I even buy a few at once.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually have 2 lol. One old Nokia wireless charging stand I used with my old 920 back in the day. Still works good for the office. At home I used the orange Nokia Wireless pad that glows with notifications and all that. I love them and use them both daily, my only complaints is that charging times on these are super slow. Not ideal for rush charging.

It's hard plastic but has a bit of flex to it. I did a trial and error with my L1520 and burned through clear cases like crazy. So many were really cheap quality and broke and cracked very easily. I find the IMAK cases to be more sturdy than any other ones I've used. I've dropped my phone before with it and it saved the phone from getting damaged. After a big fall it could potentially crack the case by the volume rockers because it's only a thin strip of plastic there. I can say that after a month or so the back of the case can get a bit scuffed if you place your phone on table tops often. I usually replace my IMAK cases after a couple months to make it look fresh again. For almost $5 you can't go wrong. Sometimes I even buy a few at once.

thanks for the info - thats what i thought too - these are cases you can burn through if needed...

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm most curious about finding an additional USB C cable for charging at work. I've read not all USB C cables are made equally. Some can fry your battery while some may not offer fast charge. I'd like to grab a quality one

Rune Christiansen

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I would like a proper back like the mozo's that have a flip cover with space for credit cards... But all I find are normal flip covers which I don't need 'course the back is replaceable..

Anyone know if you can get this for the 950XL., and where...

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I would like a proper back like the mozo's that have a flip cover with space for credit cards... But all I find are normal flip covers which I don't need 'course the back is replaceable..

Anyone know if you can get this for the 950XL., and where...

Mozo will be making flip covers, go to their website.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm most curious about finding an additional USB C cable for charging at work. I've read not all USB C cables are made equally. Some can fry your battery while some may not offer fast charge. I'd like to grab a quality one

Just buy another one from Microsoft. That way you know it will work

Rune Christiansen

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Mozo will be making flip covers, go to their website.

Ohh, I didn't actually read their description -the pictured flip cover is not what I want.

"Removable back cover (replaces Microsoft?s original cover)" This is the line I needed :p
Thx.... Now make them, mozo :D

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if Microsoft sells the black and white backs yet or plans to? I bought a white back but I'd love to have options and love OEM.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
As far as accessories go, maybe the white leather or red flip cover for the phone and an external SD. I'm not concerned about the size of the disk either.

I already have two wireless chargers, one at work and one for home. I may get one more for my parent's place, as I stay there during the weekends.

If I happen to grab a display dock, I may give that away but otherwise I'm not looking for one and could care less if I do get one. Maybe, for Christmas, get a Band 2, then again perhaps not.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well now that my pre order is officially in for a White 950XL... FINALLY lol..
I just ordered the Mozo Black Leather Back Cover..
So now I have the Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand, Mozo Black Leather back cover & Free MS Dock coming eventually... so what's left??? Hmmm..

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking at the black Mozo backing! Definitely will get that! And some sort of holster for it as I like the style! I'm going to keep it off the case like my Icon is! I live life dangerously!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking at the black Mozo backing! Definitely will get that! And some sort of holster for it as I like the style! I'm going to keep it off the case like my Icon is! I live life dangerously!
I have to think it is as good as a case. I mean I've never seen anything appearing to be bruises on a cow. And as a pilot friend said about why pilots wear leather jackets: Hey, you ever see a cow on fire? So the logical conclusion is that the Mozo cases should protect against anything but drowning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99