11-25-2015 12:19 PM
68 123
tools
    I plan on getting the 950 XL Dual SIM: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=reRxv5Od

The Sandisk 200GB Micro SD card: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-...pUvbUpU3292209

...and the 950 XL version of the same case I have for my 640 which I LOVE: http://www.amazon.com/SPARIN%C2%AE-L...pUvbUpU3292209

*Note the case does NOT look like that, it's all one texture on the back and all over, none of that curvy transition and shiny portion.

What is everyone else planning on getting? What BT keyboards will MS make for it? Also does the USB-C to DisplayPort cable come with the dock? Is MS making a wireless charging pad for these phones too?
    Last edited by anguilla1980; 11-14-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    11-14-2015 08:59 PM
    I plan to purchase a 5K monitor and a $400 keyboard and mouse combo so that I can not use them to their full potential and pretend like I really need everything that the monitor and keyboard/mouse can give me even though I'm using them with a mobile phone as the processing unit and I'm really only outputting at FHD. Then I plan to purchase a litter of purebred high-bred puppies, a very expensive tripod, and a non-existent 2TB microSD card so I might take 300,000 pictures of the aforementioned litter of puppies. Afterwards, I plan to purchase a series of solid gold cases that still work with wireless charging, and then coat the solid gold cases with a thin layer of diamond reinforced with titanium alloy in order to boost the resale value of my Lumia 950 XL all the way to $759 USD. Not including taxes.

But of course, how could I purchase a Lumia 950 XL without purchasing the super sexy awesome secret Surface Book with a Intel Core i9 deca-core processor clocked at 9.0gHz, with a Nvidia 980 Ti dGPU and 128GB of RAM with a 10 TB SSD. To carry all my puppy pictures, of course.

All this will only cost me $900,000.
    Last edited by Zachary Boddy; 11-14-2015 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added some more sarcastic, ridiculous nonsense. Seriously, what's wrong with me?
    11-14-2015 09:37 PM
    I plan to purchase a 5K monitor and a $400 keyboard and mouse combo so that I can not use them to their full potential and pretend like I really need everything that the monitor and keyboard/mouse can give me even though I'm using them with a mobile phone as the processing unit and I'm really only outputting at FHD. Then I plan to purchase a litter of purebred high-bred puppies, a very expensive tripod, and a non-existent 2TB microSD card so I might take 300,000 pictures of the aforementioned litter of puppies. Afterwards, I plan to purchase a series of solid gold cases that still work with wireless charging, and then coat the solid gold cases with a thin layer of diamond reinforced with titanium alloy in order to boost the resale value of my Lumia 950 XL all the way to $759 USD. Not including taxes.

But of course, how could I purchase a Lumia 950 XL without purchasing the super sexy awesome secret Surface Book with a Intel Core i9 deca-core processor clocked at 9.0gHz, with a Nvidia 980 Ti dGPU and 128GB of RAM with a 10 TB SSD. To carry all my puppy pictures, of course.

All this will only cost me $900,000.
    I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm
    aximtreo and david90531 like this.
    11-14-2015 09:43 PM
    Already have charging plates and will be getting the display dock, so probably nothing. Maybe a screen protector? Possibly a white back if it doesn't cost $50.
    11-14-2015 09:47 PM
    Getting the dock with it for free, whether I like it or not.

My Mozo brown (cognac) leather back supposedly ships from MobileFun.com (US) tomorrow (Monday, Nov 16) or the day after.

Can't think of anything else that's 950XL specific or that I don't already have.

I will be watching for more backs and will buy one or two more just for variety if I like them.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-15-2015 08:57 AM
    so nobody will be getting any extra chargers or USB-C cables?
    I have seen an article that pointed to a google software engineer who has been testing the USB-C chargers and apparently has found some of them dont work or are not as effective...
    Also, looking to probably get a wireless charger for the car i think.
    11-15-2015 09:02 AM
    I have seen an article that pointed to a google software engineer who has been testing the USB-C chargers and apparently has found some of them dont work or are not as effective...
    That would be the OnePlus USB Type-C charging cable, as it doesn't output at the right charge. He said it would be okay to use with the OnePlus 2 as it doesn't have fast charging, but with any device that has fast charging capabilities you should avoid it.
    11-15-2015 09:14 AM
    I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm
    Nah man.
    11-15-2015 09:14 AM
    I already have a cable. I don't use wireless charging for my 1520.3 and don't plan to start with the 950XL. I see no advantage anywhere and no practical way to use it in a car. I mean my passengers can barely stay in the seats when belted and my phone can barely stay in my pocket so no way its going to stay on a charging pad and no way I'm going to waste time putting it in some mount.
    jmajid likes this.
    11-15-2015 09:22 AM
    Already bought a new Nokia DT910 Wireless Stand earlier this week, thinking of maybe picking up the DT-904 Microsoft Wireless Charger pad when it's released for work and travel...
    Hoping to be one of the lucky ones to get the free dock :)

Microsoft Wireless Charger Overview - Microsoft - Global
    jmajid likes this.
    11-15-2015 09:39 AM
    Already bought a new Nokia DT910 Wireless Stand earlier this week, thinking of maybe picking up the DT-904 Microsoft Wireless Charger pad when it's released for work and travel...
    Hoping to be one of the lucky ones to get the free dock :)

Microsoft Wireless Charger Overview - Microsoft - Global
    thats the new microsoft branded wireless charger thats also a battery... nice
    i see it has similar dimensions to the 950 XL and almost the same weight too...
    11-15-2015 03:02 PM
    thats the new microsoft branded wireless charger thats also a battery... nice
    i see it has similar dimensions to the 950 XL and almost the same weight too...
    No mention of it being a stand alone battery. Only seems to be a wireless charger.
    11-15-2015 03:25 PM
    11-15-2015 03:43 PM
    I already have this case and screen covers. May get a clear one. Nothing to exciting in the way if accessories just yet.
    11-15-2015 03:44 PM
    One of those white leather backs, I already grabbed a 128Sd
    11-15-2015 04:21 PM
    No mention of it being a stand alone battery. Only seems to be a wireless charger.
    you're right - was thinking of this one instead...

Nokia Portable Wireless Charging Plate Overview - Microsoft - Global
    11-15-2015 05:57 PM
    you're right - was thinking of this one instead...

Nokia Portable Wireless Charging Plate Overview - Microsoft - Global
    Yea I knew they had one, but here is the link to the store. It seems to be on sale, or they just lowered the price, for $30. I may snag one up, portable wireless charging is gonna be nice.

Buy Nokia Portable Wireless Charging Plate DC-50 - Microsoft Store
    jmajid likes this.
    11-15-2015 08:17 PM
    I'm just going to get a screen shield and a case. I already have two wireless charge pads from when AT&T was clearing them out in store for $5.
    11-15-2015 11:03 PM
    I'd definitely need a wireless charger. Any suggestions?
    The only other things I would probably get would be a glass screen protector and a new back cover. Not sure what kind of cover though.
    I'm starting to go with no case or the most minimal type of case now.
    11-16-2015 01:34 AM
    Yea I knew they had one, but here is the link to the store. It seems to be on sale, or they just lowered the price, for $30. I may snag one up, portable wireless charging is gonna be nice.

Buy Nokia Portable Wireless Charging Plate DC-50 - Microsoft Store
    the capacity is "only" 2400mAh - wont give a full charge to the 950 or 950XL but still might be worth a buy at 30USD.
    11-16-2015 08:03 AM
    the capacity is "only" 2400mAh - wont give a full charge to the 950 or 950XL but still might be worth a buy at 30USD.
    That's true if its not plugged in. So it can be looked at like a regular Qi charger that can also be used wirelessly for limited charging. I'm not into Qi charging but always recharge my 1520.3 before 2400mAh wouldn't give a full charge. But do these things slow down a lot as they have less and less remaining juice from the last charge?
    11-16-2015 08:10 AM
    That's true if its not plugged in. So it can be looked at like a regular Qi charger that can also be used wirelessly for limited charging. I'm not into Qi charging but always recharge my 1520.3 before 2400mAh wouldn't give a full charge. But do these things slow down a lot as they have less and less remaining juice from the last charge?
    From an electrical perspective, the current capacity is there, but it depends on how the circuitry has been programmed to operate... so your guess is probably as good as any, but as we know, the battery in the phone is going to be charged quicker to the first 40 to 50% quicker than the remainder 50% and thats a function of how the recharging circuit works in the phone....
    Also, remember, any wireless charging is less efficient than the plug in wired charging, but it provides a much more convenient method of charging and lithium batteries do better when they are charged frequently rather than being depleted - so dont try to go all the way down to 0%....

I think i heard that this wireless charger/ battery can be re-charged and provide wireless charging also at the same time and i think it can operate as a battery wired charger too..
    11-16-2015 08:15 AM
    - Pre-ordered the red leather Mozo battery cover
    - Purchased an IMAK clear case (I buy these for all my Lumia's.) Imak Scratch Resistant Clear Crystal Back Cover Case FOR Microsoft Lumia 950XL | eBay
    - Purchased a
    SanDisk 128GB MicroSD 80/mbps card3
    - Continuum dock free with purchase of 950XL

Think I'm good to go.
    jmajid likes this.
    11-16-2015 11:52 AM
    - Purchased an IMAK clear case (I buy these for all my Lumia's.) Imak Scratch Resistant Clear Crystal Back Cover Case FOR Microsoft Lumia 950XL | eBay
    - Purchased a

Think I'm good to go.
    No wireless charger?
    11-16-2015 11:53 AM
    - Purchased a

Think I'm good to go.
    thx for the info on the case - are these a hard material or a soft material?
    just wondering if they will be brittle if dropped or more dampening for the phone if they are soft.
    11-16-2015 11:58 AM
68 123