What accessories will you buy with your 950/XL ?

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I plan on getting the 950 XL Dual SIM: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...hone%2Flumia950-xl-dual-sim%2F&token=FhBeRmGd

The Sandisk 200GB Micro SD card: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3292209

...and the 950 XL version of the same case I have for my 640 which I LOVE: http://www.amazon.com/SPARIN®-Light...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3292209

*Note the case does NOT look like that, it's all one texture on the back and all over, none of that curvy transition and shiny portion.

What is everyone else planning on getting? What BT keyboards will MS make for it? Also does the USB-C to DisplayPort cable come with the dock? Is MS making a wireless charging pad for these phones too?

Last edited:

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I plan to purchase a 5K monitor and a $400 keyboard and mouse combo so that I can not use them to their full potential and pretend like I really need everything that the monitor and keyboard/mouse can give me even though I'm using them with a mobile phone as the processing unit and I'm really only outputting at FHD. Then I plan to purchase a litter of purebred high-bred puppies, a very expensive tripod, and a non-existent 2TB microSD card so I might take 300,000 pictures of the aforementioned litter of puppies. Afterwards, I plan to purchase a series of solid gold cases that still work with wireless charging, and then coat the solid gold cases with a thin layer of diamond reinforced with titanium alloy in order to boost the resale value of my Lumia 950 XL all the way to $759 USD. Not including taxes.

But of course, how could I purchase a Lumia 950 XL without purchasing the super sexy awesome secret Surface Book with a Intel Core i9 deca-core processor clocked at 9.0gHz, with a Nvidia 980 Ti dGPU and 128GB of RAM with a 10 TB SSD. To carry all my puppy pictures, of course.

All this will only cost me $900,000.

Last edited:

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I plan to purchase a 5K monitor and a $400 keyboard and mouse combo so that I can not use them to their full potential and pretend like I really need everything that the monitor and keyboard/mouse can give me even though I'm using them with a mobile phone as the processing unit and I'm really only outputting at FHD. Then I plan to purchase a litter of purebred high-bred puppies, a very expensive tripod, and a non-existent 2TB microSD card so I might take 300,000 pictures of the aforementioned litter of puppies. Afterwards, I plan to purchase a series of solid gold cases that still work with wireless charging, and then coat the solid gold cases with a thin layer of diamond reinforced with titanium alloy in order to boost the resale value of my Lumia 950 XL all the way to $759 USD. Not including taxes.

But of course, how could I purchase a Lumia 950 XL without purchasing the super sexy awesome secret Surface Book with a Intel Core i9 deca-core processor clocked at 9.0gHz, with a Nvidia 980 Ti dGPU and 128GB of RAM with a 10 TB SSD. To carry all my puppy pictures, of course.

All this will only cost me $900,000.

I'm detecting a hint of sarcasm

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Getting the dock with it for free, whether I like it or not.

My Mozo brown (cognac) leather back supposedly ships from MobileFun.com (US) tomorrow (Monday, Nov 16) or the day after.

Can't think of anything else that's 950XL specific or that I don't already have.

I will be watching for more backs and will buy one or two more just for variety if I like them.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
so nobody will be getting any extra chargers or USB-C cables?
I have seen an article that pointed to a google software engineer who has been testing the USB-C chargers and apparently has found some of them dont work or are not as effective...
Also, looking to probably get a wireless charger for the car i think.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I have seen an article that pointed to a google software engineer who has been testing the USB-C chargers and apparently has found some of them dont work or are not as effective...

That would be the OnePlus USB Type-C charging cable, as it doesn't output at the right charge. He said it would be okay to use with the OnePlus 2 as it doesn't have fast charging, but with any device that has fast charging capabilities you should avoid it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I already have a cable. I don't use wireless charging for my 1520.3 and don't plan to start with the 950XL. I see no advantage anywhere and no practical way to use it in a car. I mean my passengers can barely stay in the seats when belted and my phone can barely stay in my pocket so no way its going to stay on a charging pad and no way I'm going to waste time putting it in some mount.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Already bought a new Nokia DT910 Wireless Stand earlier this week, thinking of maybe picking up the DT-904 Microsoft Wireless Charger pad when it's released for work and travel...
Hoping to be one of the lucky ones to get the free dock :)

Microsoft Wireless Charger Overview - Microsoft - Global

thats the new microsoft branded wireless charger thats also a battery... nice
i see it has similar dimensions to the 950 XL and almost the same weight too...

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
thats the new microsoft branded wireless charger thats also a battery... nice
i see it has similar dimensions to the 950 XL and almost the same weight too...

No mention of it being a stand alone battery. Only seems to be a wireless charger.

AndyD33

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to get a screen shield and a case. I already have two wireless charge pads from when AT&T was clearing them out in store for $5.

StevoPhilo

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely need a wireless charger. Any suggestions?
The only other things I would probably get would be a glass screen protector and a new back cover. Not sure what kind of cover though.
I'm starting to go with no case or the most minimal type of case now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786