Details on moving to AT&T

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Go to an AT&T store and tell them you want to open a new account, transfer your lines from Verizon, and you need simcards for these here Lumia phones. They will be happy to help you.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
AT&T will hit you with an activation fee thou, it would be cheaper to pick up a go phone or cricket sim if you want a more economic option with the same coverage.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Cricket will do an activation fee as well...

If you are bundling lines, Cricket will save you the most.

If you want more high speed data, Straight Talk with an ATT SIM will give you 5GB high speed a month for $45 if you Bring Your Own Phone.

Use ATT towers on an mvno unless peak data speed is important to you as a tier 1 customer.

Shop around. Are you getting a dual SIM phone? You can split data and voice and possibly save even more.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting whatever phone Microsoft sells to USA based customers. 950 for wife, 950XL for me. Is there a downside to getting a dual sim phone? Less room for other components or other issues?

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting whatever phone Microsoft sells to USA based customers. 950 for wife, 950XL for me. Is there a downside to getting a dual sim phone? Less room for other components or other issues?

Only downside if you wanna call it that is battery life when you have two sims in,of course,remember it's working on two networks checking for anything incoming,that's all

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Only downside if you wanna call it that is battery life when you have two sims in,of course,remember it's working on two networks checking for anything incoming,that's all

Well your voice & SMS would coast on 2G and never search between speeds. Only one slot is active for data.

Assuming you went one carrier voice/text and one carrier for data.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Really easy.

Just go to an AT&T store and they'll set you with an account and a new SIM card. They'll also cancel your Verizon account and put in the necessary request for your phone number.

All should take less than 15 minutes.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Really easy.

Just go to an AT&T store and they'll set you with an account and a new SIM card. They'll also cancel your Verizon account and put in the necessary request for your phone number.

All should take less than 15 minutes.

Of course it might take an hour to get waited on. LoL At least around here it does. I would recommend you go to a corporate store. They get paid by the hour and not by the sale. So they spend a little more time explaining things and getting you the best deal. That would explain the long wait. At agent store the wait is shorter, but hopefully you know what you want before you go in, and you can get accessories 99% cheaper on eBay or Amazon... SO don't buy them there...

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

That's a lie. I have the ZenFone 2 dual Sim and that lasted longer than my Note 4

Priv screen goes up

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Well your voice & SMS would coast on 2G and never search between speeds. Only one slot is active for data.

Assuming you went one carrier voice/text and one carrier for data.

Exactly. Even if you have dual LTE you have options to turn data off.

Priv screen goes up

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
That's a lie. I have the ZenFone 2 dual Sim and that lasted longer than my Note 4

Priv screen goes up

Please don't say anything is a lie. It might be true to that person. Have you tested every dual sim phone? If not, it only may seem like a lie. But what if it is the truth in his circumstances? I have seen people that own my phone say they can get a couple days from the battery, where as I can barely make it a whole day. Are they lying? or am I? Different phones, different strokes...

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Please don't say anything is a lie. It might be true to that person. Have you tested every dual sim phone? If not, it only may seem like a lie. But what if it is the truth in his circumstances? I have seen people that own my phone say they can get a couple days from the battery, where as I can barely make it a whole day. Are they lying? or am I? Different phones, different strokes...

If you have poorly designed apps or battery hogger or 100 background services it's user not phone. It has nothing to do with dua sim. To say that it will drain you battery is simply not true.

https://www.quora.com/Do-the-dual-S...ingle-SIM-phones-for-an-observed-unit-of-time

Priv screen goes up

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The only way to accurately measure would be ZenFone 2 dual sim vs ZenFone 2 single sim; or Note 4 single sim vs Note 4 dual sim. A comparison between two completely different phones makes no sense.

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
There may be some deals to get 300$ credit for trading in a smartphone on ATT. I would do that, pick up a cheap phone with a nano sim and then go to Microsoft to pick up the XL.

aitt

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The only way to accurately measure would be ZenFone 2 dual sim vs ZenFone 2 single sim; or Note 4 single sim vs Note 4 dual sim. A comparison between two completely different phones makes no sense.

You mean like this?

https://m.reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/26dckb/moto_g_dual_sim_vs_single_sim_battery_life/

Dual sim has a primary and secondary. There's no reason for the phone in data case to have both running LTE. It has no purpose other than MMS IMO. Most dual sim has the secondary solely for 2g. Other don't even use the dual sim unless you specify.

There's three type of dual. Most dual will be standby. Now maybe saying lie was the wrong word of choice cause if you have and Active dual phone it can increase battery use, however you are in control of how the Sims operate.

Priv screen goes up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon