Anyone who has seen the 950 XL, which colour is best?

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I live in Europe and I haven't had a chance to see the 950 XL in person as we don't have Microsoft stores here. I understand there were some Microsoft events (such as Windows Cube in Paris) were the devices were shown but I wasn't able to go.
Now, we don't have much choice for colour with this model (why no blue version? :unhappy: ), but I'd like the opinion on some points from people who have seen the devices.
I had the HTC 8X before and I assume the mate black 950 XL would look/feel similar to that, albeit the material might be different. From different quick videos of the device, it seems to me that the silver ring around the camera doesn't "pop" as much on the white version, is this just from the video or is the ring less noticeable with the white version?
Second question is how easy is it to see the Microsoft logo? is it reflective like on the Surface Pro 4 or is it grey? on the white version is the Microsoft logo as visible as the carl zeiss writing or is the writing lighter?
Thanks for anyone who has seen the phones for answering my questions, photos of the back and/or side of the devices would be appreciated (next to a Lumia 630 (green/orange) or 640 (blue) would be even better).
I currently have the black version pre-ordered but I don't know yet that I want to come back to the "generic" black colour for my phone. I am considering the leather covers (eg from Mozo), but i'd like to see one with the Microsoft logo or I need to find a reflective Microsoft logo to add to it.
Once again thanks for the help!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I've only seen the black version in person. It's a nice matte black. The Microsoft logo is shiny silver, but didn't seem like it would be super reflective unless it was under direct light. To be honest I didn't notice the silver ring that much when I was looking at it. It's pretty thin.

All in all it's a great looking device. Even wowed my wife who was there. I preordered the black based on what I saw.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
The Colored 950XL I can get my hands on first lol..
Seriously, I am curious about this too, I plan on getting a replacement back cover, prob the Mozo Black leather so I may go with the white thinking it may be more popular for resale, I sell my phones on eBay upgrading practically yearly :)

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
White, keep the shell and original cables in the box. Get some new cables from monoprice or amazon and grab a mozo. Set for a clean no scratch resale for when surface phone rolls out.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
White, keep the shell and original cables in the box. Get some new cables from monoprice or amazon and grab a mozo. Set for a clean no scratch resale for when surface phone rolls out.

I would highly recommend against this. Get a $5 case.

Why would you put the original back and original chargers that work best with your phone away for a year so that someone a year from now pays $20-30 (maybe) more? Not to mention the newly released price of backs and cheap dangerous cables...

I get it!!! U wanna be that guy that buys his used phone a year from now! Sneaky devil.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

QuentinJ

May 25, 2014
Visit site
:) i'm going to be keeping the phone for a while. Even if a Surface phone is released, I'll have to see what more it can do that I need to justify buying it when it comes out as opposed to later or the next generation.
I don't think I'll end up reselling my phone as i'll keep using it for a while so resale value isn't that important. I do take care of my phones, but now aesthetics are more important to me as far as colour choice :)
I have a green 630 and a blue 640. I enjoy them very much. The green phone was particularly useful to help my friends spot me in a huge crowd recently :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett