Pre-order now at MS online store, US

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I have had the business shipping get here in 1-2 days (L1520), but also had a pair of headphones take the full 7. I couldn't tell you as I think it is contingent on what the product is. I would bet these will be shipped starting on the 20th though. Have to always take "ship BY" with a grain of salt - simply means they are giving themselves a cushion.

Thanks, I wonder if I can cancel and re-order with express shipping? I don't see the option online anywhere though. hmmm

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Everyone saying Delivery by 11/25, did you get confirmation that it will be delivered on the 25th, or just "Shipping by Nov. 25"?

Was told by the guy at MS that I ordered through that it would be shipped tomorrow, 11/17 to be delivered by 11/20. With that statement and $5, you can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I'll post if it comes as stated.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that the 10% education and 5% military discount both work on the online store, not together obviously. Being a military member and a student, I opted to use the education site for the 10%. $632 shipped and $620 total after shopping site rebate! Not a bad deal once I get the dock. Canceled the B&H order.

Early Christmas gift for me!

Last edited:

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Was told by the guy at MS that I ordered through that it would be shipped tomorrow, 11/17 to be delivered by 11/20. With that statement and $5, you can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks. I'll post if it comes as stated.

Is this a sarcastic statement or were you really told this?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Dont forget - Discover card holders can get 5% cashback when ordering through the Discover site to the microsoft store... worth 32.49 off the 649 price... well worth the extra minute it takes!

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Boom, done! Ready to try it out!

I am too, but I note that MS didn't send me the e-mail that they promised to send when they went on sale. Thankfully, I read this forum regularly and found out about it so I could place my order. Now let's see when it arrives...

<TED>

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I pulled the trigger. While I really want the dual SIM variant, I'm eager to get my mitts on this and I want to make sure I get a US version with a valid warranty. If the dual SIM variant appears in the stores before my return period ends, I'll pick one up and return this order. There are two MS stores within about 10 mins of me, keeping fingers crossed!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Went to my local MS kiosk. Manager said the last he heard was that they would be getting the xl in store on the 20th. Of course he didn't know that they had gone on preorder on the online store, so they had not been updated (which he said they should have been). He said that they were still expecting them on the 20th, but took my contact information again to call me to confirm they had it on the 20th. He also said he would match the Display Dock offer.

So overall I'm not impressed with the way information is being disseminated, and I still have no firm answer to availability.

He did say that I could bring in the phone to get Complete even if I bought it online.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that the 10% education and 5% military discount both work, not together obviously. Being a military member and a student, I opted to use the education site for the 10%. $632 shipped! Not a bad deal once I get the dock. Canceled the B&H order.

Early Christmas gift for me!

Hmmm, email I got from Microsoft last week stated 10% military discount to honor Veterans day and every day after. I am assuming I just need to bring them a copy of my DD-214 and fill out some paperwork to get it to apply.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Ordered the White 950xl unlocked; delivery by 11/25 plus the offer for the free dock.

Anyone looking to buy a Mint White Galaxy Note 4 for Verizon?

Sold my "Mint White Galaxy Note 4" for ATT a month ago for this new baby which will be here very soon!! :smile:
The part about the free dock makes it sound like you already got the promotional cue for it?? MS told me that won't come UNTIL I have the phone and access Lumia Offers using the new 950XL.. Yes????

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm, email I got from Microsoft last week stated 10% military discount to honor Veterans day and every day after. I am assuming I just need to bring them a copy of my DD-214 and fill out some paperwork to get it to apply.

Online store didn't have a verification process for either military or student, just a check box that you are being honest and agree to the terms. I assume they might contact you after. Give it a shot and i hope you get the discount! Online store only reflects 5% for me, so i used the student store for the 10%.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
Dont forget - Discover card holdersNget 5% cashback when ordering through the Discover site to the microsoft store... worth 32.49 off the 649 price... well worth the extra minute it takes!

Not as good as Discover but Chase card holders use Ultimate Rewards for 3% cash back!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Not as good as Discover but Chase card holders use Ultimate Rewards for 3% cash back!

good to know for those that dont have Discover; i have both and i have american express and i make a point of always checking them all before making any kind of online purchase of some value esp like this,

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The invoice clearly states shipping November 25th:

What sucks is that they are shipping the day before thanksgiving so there is no way to get overnight delivery.....

Your order number: 102513XXXXXX

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (Black) Delivery Option: Boxed Shipment
Qty: 1
Ships by November 25
Pre-order

Black

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to go to the microsoft store and see if I get the Dock if I pre-order there. I prefer to pick it up than have it delivered. It's right by my house so much better for me. Anyone know if the dock is online only?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go to the microsoft store and see if I get the Dock if I pre-order there. I prefer to pick it up than have it delivered. It's right by my house so much better for me. Anyone know if the dock is online only?

looks like there are a few people who are going to try what you're suggesting... may or may not work depending on whether the Lumia offers app is pre-loaded to those that are being sold via online store...

reading the terms/conditions:

"Available in Microsoft online store in the United States only"
http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent...SPLAYDOCK_TERMS_and_CONDITIONS_US_ENGLISH.pdf

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Posted this on the previous page, but I guess nobody read it. YMMV, but my local kiosk manager said he would match the free display dock if I purchased through them.

Still haven't decided whether I should wait, or go ahead and preorder online and have it delivered to where I'll be on Thanksgiving.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Online store didn't have a verification process for either military or student, just a check box that you are being honest and agree to the terms. I assume they might contact you after. Give it a shot and i hope you get the discount! Online store only reflects 5% for me, so i used the student store for the 10%.

I printed out the email to take with me to show the 10% so they should honor it. Restrictions just say for Microsoft phones that are on contract phones not the unlocked versions.

P.S. If any other vets didn't get the email just PM me or post up your email and I will forward it to you so you can get in on the savings.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
The invoice clearly states shipping November 25th:

What sucks is that they are shipping the day before thanksgiving so there is no way to get overnight delivery.....

Your order number: 102513XXXXXX

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (Black) Delivery Option: Boxed Shipment
Qty: 1
Ships by November 25
Pre-order

Black

Not to get your hopes up, but 'ships BY' is not the same as 'ships ON'. It is probably their intent to get the phones into peoples hands before the holiday. When the launched the XboxOne, they shipped the online orders a few days earlier to ensure they arrived on the launch day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo