Pre-order now at MS online store, US

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I just checked with the local store, who said they should be receiving the phones the same day they go live, which I am assuming is the 20th.

I did not ask about the dock, but from everything I am gathering it seems that store pre-orders will get you the dock as well. I prefer to do my ordering and picking up in a brick and mortar store anyway.

Btw, NEVER EVER EVER order anything from HTC or digital river. I have been fighting them about a return they received and signed for a month ago and are still saying they didn't get it, which it was clearly signed for a month ago. It is impossible to get a hold of delivering location to simply ask the ***** who signed what the hell he did with my package.

UGH. DON'T EVER ORDER ANYTHING THAT GETS DISTRIBUTED BY DIGITAL RIVER.

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you my pre order of my Band 2 arrived on release date, as in they shipped it in time for me to receive it that day.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The invoice clearly states shipping November 25th:

What sucks is that they are shipping the day before thanksgiving so there is no way to get overnight delivery.....

Your order number: 102513XXXXXX

Microsoft Lumia 950 XL - Unlocked (Black) Delivery Option: Boxed Shipment
Qty: 1
Ships by November 25
Pre-order

Black

AWW Da##it I paid for express shipping which is 1 day, and its not going to even happen unless they ship before. Does anyone know what the exact launch date is? It can't possibly be Thanksgiving day it seems it should be before that.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm betting on receiving the phone on the 20th.. :)
Again someone posted about the dock being included in their order??
MS told me that the dock is a promotional offer that will be handled through the Nokia Offers app, they have no control over it nor will include it in the phone's pre order invoice..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
AWW Da##it I paid for express shipping which is 1 day, and its not going to even happen unless they ship before. Does anyone know what the exact launch date is? It can't possibly be Thanksgiving day it seems it should be before that.

thats exactly my "confusion" :)
i dont know if its worth paying for shipping if i dont know when they are going to be ABLE to ship...

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Black already OOS. Makes you really wonder how many were available for pre-order.

iPhone 6/6plus sold 4 million on launch day. If you figure WP market share is about 10%, you're down to 400k. Then factor in there was pretty much ZERO marketing for the 950/xl and the majority of WP market share is in the cheapo-phone category right now, I wouldn't be surprised if we were only talking maybe 25k units or less between the two colors.

daniel cooper2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm betting on receiving the phone on the 20th.. :)
Again someone posted about the dock being included in their order??
MS told me that the dock is a promotional offer that will be handled through the Nokia Offers app, they have no control over it nor will include it in the phone's pre order invoice..
if you get your phone on the 20th its going to have windows 8.1.

barbarianthemadserb

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm that the 10% education and 5% military discount both work on the online store, not together obviously. Being a military member and a student, I opted to use the education site for the 10%. $632 shipped and $620 total after shopping site rebate! Not a bad deal once I get the dock. Canceled the B&H order.

Early Christmas gift for me!

Did you get charged sales tax?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the pre-orders were a mistake. It went back to the e-mail page. Maybe they were just preparing and posted it by accident. Which would make sense why I never received an email about it.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Sold my "Mint White Galaxy Note 4" for ATT a month ago for this new baby which will be here very soon!! :smile:
The part about the free dock makes it sound like you already got the promotional cue for it?? MS told me that won't come UNTIL I have the phone and access Lumia Offers using the new 950XL.. Yes????

Did not get it yet; email order confirmation gives the details about having to activate the phone before 1/31/2016. Sorry I did not make it clearer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire