Pre-order now at MS online store, US

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Went and picked it up at the store today. Interesting though... the one I ordered last night, MS already charged my card. I bet those waiting for Dec 11th get a nice surprise this year!

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Well, I found out today that there is actually a little Microsoft Kiosk in the local mall... Had no idea... Dropped by and got a white 950 XL :) Gonna cancel my online pre-order.

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
"ADD TO CART" keeps going on and off. soon as i see it regardless of color i try to order. just about 2 hours ago i tried to order white but during checkout kept saying error or something and then out of stock. i am now sitting infront of my PC all day waiting to order. i went to the store but they said it is out but they don't have any to sell, just pre ordered ones for pickup. asked the sales guy when they expect new ones to come in he just went , " we have nothing, we wont have anything i dont know"

kappatau808

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
everyone knows the Oneplus One invite system was annoying but atleast when you got an invite you had 24 hours to buy it. with this one you have to keep waiting and then you see add to cart only to be told out of stock. they could just change that email me when available to " reserve me one and email me so i can buy it". my first windows phone experience is not going very well

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
"ADD TO CART" keeps going on and off. soon as i see it regardless of color i try to order. just about 2 hours ago i tried to order white but during checkout kept saying error or something and then out of stock. i am now sitting infront of my PC all day waiting to order. i went to the store but they said it is out but they don't have any to sell, just pre ordered ones for pickup. asked the sales guy when they expect new ones to come in he just went , " we have nothing, we wont have anything i dont know"

When I did it, I already had the color I wanted in my cart and payment, etc. set up. I just kept the final checkout window open, and periodically hit checkout until it finally went through. Usually the email is sent too late I think.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, I found out today that there is actually a little Microsoft Kiosk in the local mall... Had no idea... Dropped by and got a white 950 XL :) Gonna cancel my online pre-order.

and here i was going to ask you if you had received a ship date!
how do you like it now that you have it?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
LOL, Dec 11 as well. Keep logging CC to see if any pending charges yet.. Oh well, hopefully does not extend past Dec 11..

i made an order with the 950XL and a portable wireless battery charger -
got the charger in 2 days and its now been about 10 days or so since i ordered the 950XL.
i see the store shows dec 11.... but my order doesnt say that ... it shows coming soon and in process...

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i made an order with the 950XL and a portable wireless battery charger -
got the charger in 2 days and its now been about 10 days or so since i ordered the 950XL.
i see the store shows dec 11.... but my order doesnt say that ... it shows coming soon and in process...
I ordered on 11/17 and my order says ships by 12/11

ordivergens

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
and here i was going to ask you if you had received a ship date!
how do you like it now that you have it?

I really like it. To be honest, I am glad this is plastic. I've never really been a fan of metal phones. Didn't like it on the iphone and didn't like it on the Nexus 6P. This is good plastic, feels good in the hand. Kind of like the soft touch plastic my old Nexus 5 had, or the Nexus 5X. The phone does get warm, more than I expected, but not hot though. Maybe a bit hotter than my Nexus 6P. Although, I think that's just the heatpipe doing a better job of removing the heat from the CPU and distributing it better. Not too bad at all. Things aren't quite as fluid and smooth like my 6P, but hopefully that's just Windows 10 being new. The Iris scanner works pretty much all the time after I took the time to improve the detection. Not as fast the fingerprint scanner on my 6P, but well its a loot cooler :). Camera is awesome. I feel my 6P's lowlight shots are, well brighter, but the 950XL does a better job of not blowing out the highlights.

The only really annoying issue was the horrible squeaking noise when I press the back cover. Took care of that with a little bit of strategically located pieces of paper. :)

Overall, it reminds me of my 640 XL, just faster, better and more refined. A bit more solid build would have been nice, but having the removable battery, dual sims, AND SD card is well worth the compromise to me. Pretty happy with the phone. I was afraid I would regret returning my 6P, but so far so good.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I ordered two on 11/24 late at night, each with a different credit card. Both cards were charged the next morning (which I believe they do when they ship) even though I had a Dec 11 ships by date. I cancelled both orders on 11/25 because I walked in and bought one in store.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
still waiting for this to ship... talked to SEVERAL online chat reps today... 3 of them told me the same story - preparing tracking numbers... dont know what that means... when i asked... got the same canned response:
we do this so your item is safe during transport
what?! :?)
hoping this thing ships soon... the credit card no longer shows a pending charge...but my account history shows a "in process" but also shows "coming soon" and "complete" go figure!

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Dec 1 my CC has a pending charge. Was told usual shipping on or before Dec 11. Only thing different was told was that a lot had been declined for fraud so charging earlier to give people time to update payment info.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
got an update via chat yesterday and a follow up email...
now they are saying ships by dec 18th....
and offered me a 10 dollar refund and shipping refund...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers