Just an FYI, I pre-ordered my Lumia 950XL today and had a chat with MS customer service. They indicated that they only sell the Microsoft Complete (extended warranty) in physical stores. I wasn't able to add it during my pre-order as it isn't available online as an option.

I also couldn't confirm that they're available for purchase from MS Kiosks. I was told that I'd have to contact my local kiosk directly because they're all different in terms of their capabilities.

Just thought this might be helpful/useful information for anyone wondering about an extended warranty from MS directly.
    belodion likes this.
    11-16-2015 01:43 PM
    Do you have to purchase within a certain window of receiving the phone? I'm assuming they will want to check over the phone to make sure it is in good shape.
    11-16-2015 01:46 PM
    Interesting. Online sales support told me it wasn't being sold at all for phones directly from MSFT. Then I chatted with another rep who said only through the carrier. I guess all this will shake out soon enough.
    11-16-2015 01:49 PM
    Yeah, be careful with that, I purchased it for my wife's 1520 and had all sorts of issues with trying to get them to replace the device when she broke the screen. No one I spoke with at Microsoft had any idea what I was talking about. She ended up having to drive 2 hours to the nearest store to swap the phone. And that was after I had to fight with the store to replace her 1520 with another 1520. They wanted to give her a 640XL which is in no way a replacement for a 1520. Overall I was not pleased with the experience. And it cemented in her mind going back to an iPhone. And the fan on my Surface Pro 3 just started making grinding noise so I'm dreading having to go through the same experience with that.
    11-16-2015 02:43 PM
    Kiosk rep said they would sell Complete for a phone purchased online.
    11-16-2015 02:53 PM
    Do you have to purchase within a certain window of receiving the phone? I'm assuming they will want to check over the phone to make sure it is in good shape.
    I was specifically told that we have 45 days from the date it ships (which would presumably be Nov. 25th). Yes, you will have to have the device in hand at the time of purchase.
    11-16-2015 03:11 PM
    11-16-2015 03:50 PM
    After being transferred around, they finally told me it can only be purchased in-store. You have to bring your phone into the store and purchase the protection plan. It cannot be ordered online or by phone.
    11-16-2015 04:24 PM
    What is the standard warranty for a phone bought directly from the online MS Store??
    11-16-2015 04:54 PM
    What's the cost?
    11-16-2015 05:02 PM
    What is the standard warranty for a phone bought directly from the online MS Store??
    "Microsoft backs up the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with a 1 Year parts & labor warranty."
    920Walker and Captpt like this.
    11-16-2015 05:10 PM
    What's the cost?
    I haven't been able to find that out yet.
    11-16-2015 05:11 PM
    What the hell is trade doubler?
    920Walker likes this.
    11-16-2015 05:11 PM
    I wanted to continue following up on this:

You can purchase the Microsoft Complete Warranty in-person at a Microsoft Store (sadly not online), but you can also purchase it from some of the Microsoft Kiosk locations as well. I hope that helps some of you who are relatively near a Kiosk (but not a full store). I called my local Microsoft Kiosk and they indicated that they would have no problems adding a MS Complete Warranty as long as:

1. I have the device with me at time of purchase
    2. That I purchase within 45-days of the product shipment date.
    11-16-2015 05:48 PM
    What the hell is trade doubler?
    My understanding: Whenever anybody posts a link here, the software checks whether there is any way the site can get paid for referring people to that link, so it loads it up with redirect links and affiliate codes. You still get where you're going, after the clicks get counted. But it sure makes links hard to read.
    11-16-2015 05:53 PM
    MS Complete for a non-carrier version is $59. If you buy a carrier branded phone it is $99.

I purchased an unlocked 830 this summer and that is what I was told and paid.
    Mark Kaplan likes this.
    11-16-2015 06:13 PM
    If these things are as tough as my Lumia 920 has been ... insurance really won't be needed. Fell into two creeks, hit the ground multiple times, bounced off many rocks, etc. Just use the warranty to confirm you don't have any bad hardware, and you should be fine, IMO. Caveat emptor.
    11-16-2015 09:18 PM
    My understanding: Whenever anybody posts a link here, the software checks whether there is any way the site can get paid for referring people to that link, so it loads it up with redirect links and affiliate codes. You still get where you're going, after the clicks get counted. But it sure makes links hard to read.
    The network I am on has blocked "clkde.tradedoubler.com"

So it is impossible to click any links posted in Windows Central Forums.
    11-16-2015 09:27 PM