11-19-2015 08:50 PM
79 1234
tools
    Put your school info here and it should start showing student prices for stuff
    Thanks, but seems like the Canadian version doesn't include the phones... just Surface and some other laptops / accessories
    11-17-2015 01:58 AM
    MS Store rep said shipping WILL ONLY occur on Nov25th....
    That sucks I pre ordered with Express shipping which means not one day but after Thanksgiving here in the states
    11-17-2015 02:45 AM
    My pockets are alittle light these days but will have to grab one! Can't wait to see a review video of these phones🏼
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 08:23 AM
    I really hope they are in stores on the 25th.
    11-17-2015 09:02 AM
    Ships by december 11th. Umm... I find that quite odd. They obviously didn't have that many in stock to begin with and the pre-orders were probably there to appease those that have to wait. Which was likely limited stock. They are so behind it's silly. I was happy I was going to get my unit soon and now have to wait again. I hope stores will have stock. Ugh this sucks. :(
    11-17-2015 09:21 AM
    Ships by december 11th. Umm... I find that quite odd. They obviously didn't have that many in stock to begin with and the pre-orders were probably there to appease those that have to wait. Which was likely limited stock. They are so behind it's silly. I was happy I was going to get my unit soon and now have to wait again. I hope stores will have stock. Ugh this sucks. :(
    I think this is Microsoft's new way of "feeling it out". Hopefully sooner than later.
    11-17-2015 09:25 AM
    I think this is Microsoft's new way of "feeling it out". Hopefully sooner than later.
    More likely it's just for the press to show that it's selling even though they probably produced the minimum of 10,000.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 09:41 AM
    Garbage that they couldn't even last a full day's demand.
    Sick Freak likes this.
    11-17-2015 09:48 AM
    Now Microsoft can say "we sold out in less than 24 hrs"
    What joke trying to create demand
    11-17-2015 09:52 AM
    More likely it's just for the press to show that it's selling even though they probably produced the minimum of 10,000.
    Valid point, but in this case, I don't know if it's better to be overstocked and have a lot just sitting there, or be under-stocked, and have the small demand be met.
    11-17-2015 09:56 AM
    It is called a real time batch order system....MS would order batches of 10,000 depending on how many orders so that they are not stuck with hundreds of thousands of phones like Palm was.....
    Seriously, everyone. Microsoft's not trying to run some sort of PR stunt to artificially create the impression of demand. They actually do want to sell these phones.

It's a batch order system on a product designed specifically for fans. More will come soon.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 10:21 AM
    They had a button to email you when it becomes available, which they didn't do. That's what should be used to feel it out. They are just behind on production and opened up the small batch they already had. They know the are millions of users waiting for these. Xiaomi is already announcing their snapdragon 820 phone on nov 26. Samsung their galaxy 7 line soon. MS is probably low priority for manufacturers. They are making them in taiwan I believe, but could be wrong. anyways the 950 it's available still. Likely there were last minute issues that had to fix with 950xl. In fact 950 had to be stocked for att. Maybe they prioritized it. Who knows. But it's definitely because they are not ready. Even the stores aren't in sync with what is going on.
    libra89 and Meredith43 like this.
    11-17-2015 10:26 AM
    Valid point, but in this case, I don't know if it's better to be overstocked and have a lot just sitting there, or be under-stocked, and have the small demand be met.
    Why is it bad to be over stocked? They will sell eventually. You don't produce phones for exactly each person that wants one.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 10:28 AM
    Pretty much every flagship Lumia to date has gone "out of stock" when it was initially released but when the eventual numbers are revealed it shows the limited sales it achieved. There's really no story here, especially when you consider that there has been ZERO marketing and more importantly no official launch event for the OS unlike previous versions so apart from the fans no one is looking to buy this phone. Creates a nice headline but its really not a big deal.
    Meredith43 likes this.
    11-17-2015 10:34 AM
    I can't believe it sold out so fast. There is no way the demand was that high (most of my friends/family don't even know what these phones are)
    11-17-2015 11:02 AM

Its absolutely the best thing to do most manufacturers would do this unless you are apple or samsung. You want to get a feel for what the demand is so a min qty to start of with and then you can work the next batch off of that. same thing is going on with the BlackBerry Priv.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 11:03 AM
    Its absolutely the best thing to do most manufacturers would do this unless you are apple or samsung. You want to get a feel for what the demand is so a min qty to start of with and then you can work the next batch off of that. same thing is going on with the BlackBerry Priv.
    Yes but any extra that don't sell will eventually sell when prices drop. I have never heard of Samsung or anyone doing this. It just frustrates the fans even more. It is a continuous wait as they keep pushing the date back. I want to get one from the store but of course no dates in Canada on availability. The store employees have no clue either. Was at 2 different stores. Way to keep people in the loop MS.
    nokia4life likes this.
    11-17-2015 11:16 AM
    Yes but any extra that don't sell will eventually sell when prices drop.
    But that's not good for an already floundering brand. Best that they sell as many devices at full price as they can, then only produce enough to keep stores minimally stocked.
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 11:19 AM
    Since this is the first flagship MS has released in awhile (ever) I can see this phone picking up steam once bloggers get ahold of it, if it performs well that is. The blogging world has really helped push some phones that don't get much marketing and this is a relatively new thing. If the camera and phone in general turns out to be on par with or ahead of the other flagships, the bloggers/youtubers etc. might push this phone faster than any advertising from MS could have done. I hope all the popular bloggers review this device and compare/contrast it with other flagships for Android/iOS. This phone does have some distinct advantages over other flagships with it's SD card support and removable battery.
    Musicman247 and libra89 like this.
    11-17-2015 11:29 AM
    Since this is the first flagship MS has released in awhile (ever) I can see this phone picking up steam once bloggers get ahold of it, if it performs well that is. The blogging world has really helped push some phones that don't get much marketing and this is a relatively new thing. If the camera and phone in general turns out to be on par with or ahead of the other flagships, the bloggers/youtubers etc. might push this phone faster than any advertising from MS could have done. I hope all the popular bloggers review this device and compare/contrast it with other flagships for Android/iOS. This phone does have some distinct advantages over other flagships with it's SD card support and removable battery.
    That may well be the case, but many tech bloggers have an anti-MS bias, and often nitpick the smallest things when it comes to reviewing anything from Redmond. Like the video where the MS employee was showing off the "living images" on the 950 and the blogger said "yeah, that looks familiar", referring to the iPhone's latest implementation of the tech. He was shut up by the person giving the demo saying, "yeah, we've had this for two years on Lumia devices". But what about the blogger that doesn't have a MS employee there to hold their hand when they review it?
    11-17-2015 12:02 PM
    Looks like the black one is out of stock again. The "Pre-order Now" button has changed back to "Email me when available" as of 12 PM EST 11/17/15.
    11-17-2015 12:07 PM
    But that's not good for an already floundering brand. Best that they sell as many devices at full price as they can, then only produce enough to keep stores minimally stocked.
    And they do have ads, look at the article in windows central with their new lumia phone ads. If you plan to air ads you better have a lot of stock. They are just not ready.
    11-17-2015 12:10 PM
    MS cant get it together.....their Mobile Phone division is becoming the Joke of the industry....
    11-17-2015 12:17 PM
    sucks I cant get 2 of them, stupid "email me when available". I never got an email in the first place for the availability
    11-17-2015 12:28 PM
    sucks I cant get 2 of them, stupid "email me when available". I never got an email in the first place for the availability
    Well, they're not available yet... >_>
    libra89 likes this.
    11-17-2015 12:38 PM
79 1234