950XL out of stock online!

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Looks like Black 950XLs are out of stock again, the "Email when available" is back up on the black phones BUT there's still white available but shipping date is now Dec 11th...
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at the run on this phone seeing MS hasn't run any commercials or put out ads on the 950XL yet??

Ca.JPG

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Black 950XLs are out of stock again, the "Email when available" is back up on the black phones BUT there's still white available but shipping date is now Dec 11th...
I have to admit I'm a bit surprised at the run on this phone seeing MS hasn't run any commercials or put out ads on the 950XL yet??
Lets hope its because millions of people want them as opposed to Microsoft only made 12 of each color.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes but any extra that don't sell will eventually sell when prices drop. I have never heard of Samsung or anyone doing this. It just frustrates the fans even more. It is a continuous wait as they keep pushing the date back. I want to get one from the store but of course no dates in Canada on availability. The store employees have no clue either. Was at 2 different stores. Way to keep people in the loop MS.

its been available online in Canada since yesterday, same time as US but they are now not available for the 950XL blk or white. You can still order the 950 though thru the website.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
its been available online in Canada since yesterday, same time as US but they are now not available for the 950XL blk or white. You can still order the 950 though thru the website.

I know I almost pre ordered it for the first batch but really I just want to get it from the store. It's so close by.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 116587

White is out of stock too. Looks like the second wave is sold out too. Good sign that there is some demand.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
You can bet if Microsoft had produced loads of these phone ready for dispatch on launch day, that some ***** tech journalist would have somehow got a picture of them piled up in the warehouse & then ran a rubbish story about how there not selling.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Demand for this phone is probably between 10-20K worldwide.

I'm sure they are packaged differently for each country (Language manuals,chargers ect) so I really think its the US versions that really sold out, 20K on a non-advertised phone is pretty darn good I'd say and I imagine that doesn't even include the phones set aside for the physical MS Stores.. Throw in the pre ordered 950s on MS Online & the AT&T, quite good indeed..

rafal soboczynski

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Since this is the first flagship MS has released in awhile (ever) I can see this phone picking up steam once bloggers get ahold of it, if it performs well that is. The blogging world has really helped push some phones that don't get much marketing and this is a relatively new thing. If the camera and phone in general turns out to be on par with or ahead of the other flagships, the bloggers/youtubers etc. might push this phone faster than any advertising from MS could have done. I hope all the popular bloggers review this device and compare/contrast it with other flagships for Android/iOS. This phone does have some distinct advantages over other flagships with it's SD card support and removable battery.
I can assure you most bloggers will bash on the 950 series because lack of the apps, this is a trend with all windows phone reviews when they compared to android flagships or iPhone. Sad but true

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I can assure you most bloggers will bash on the 950 series because lack of the apps, this is a trend with all windows phone reviews when they compared to android flagships or iPhone. Sad but true
This may be true, but that seems like it will be the only thing they'll be able to criticize. It's thin, light, and comes with all the features of the other flagships on the market and then some.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
The lack of premium feel to the phone will come up, I bet.

If you've ever held the device you know that it feels pretty darn good. It's covered with plastic, but it's a nice matte plastic that feels great in the hand. It's also small for the size screen it has, and lighter than any of the other flagships of its size.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you've ever held the device you know that it feels pretty darn good. It's covered with plastic, but it's a nice matte plastic that feels great in the hand. It's also small for the size screen it has, and lighter than any of the other flagships of its size.

I have held the phone and I agree with you that it feels great. Maybe I should have put "premium look" rather than "premium feel" in my original reply.

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Now Microsoft can say "we sold out in less than 24 hrs"
What joke trying to create demand

I texted with a Microsoft Surface MVP this morning and he told me "Panos told me in NYC at the launch that they planned for a very large demand and they did not anticipate a shortage of devices." I'd really love to ask Panos about his plans to getting more out the door to the customers ASAP. (Especially in time so we can get the free docking station.)

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I will still walk in tomorrow and see if they are in stock, or hear it from here.
I would say everyone who can walk into a store tomorrow, should. Each store is different and has a different "pecking order" so to speak. While my local kiosk isn't getting any more devices than were pre-ordered, some stores might get extras. While mine is getting them shipped in on the 26th, some stores might get them earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss