950XL out of stock online!

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I went back to look online and the 950xl is out of stock for black. It looks like there are still some white ones. If you are thinking of getting it, order now!

I wonder if there is low stock or high demand. Maybe this may convince AT&T to offer the 950xl as well as other carriers

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It is definitely not high demand. Given that Microsoft made this device for "fans", general consumers will not care. There is zero tv exposure, zero ads. I won't be surprised if these phones will stay as backorder only. Something tells me Microsoft stores will not stock them for open sales.

crg28

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It is called a real time batch order system....MS would order batches of 10,000 depending on how many orders so that they are not stuck with hundreds of thousands of phones like Palm was.....

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It is definitely not high demand. Given that Microsoft made this device for "fans", general consumers will not care. There is zero tv exposure, zero ads. I won't be surprised if these phones will stay as backorder only. Something tells me Microsoft stores will not stock them for open sales.

Gotta love that positive vibe you're spinning!

Babs75

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Yep, looks like I missed the pre-order. This was the first time I could get to to the website. Oh well, I'll wait a little longer!!!!!!!! I still have a functioning phone.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It is called a real time batch order system....MS would order batches of 10,000 depending on how many orders so that they are not stuck with hundreds of thousands of phones like Palm was.....

This. This is pretty much how Microsoft operates with all of their recent products. Lumia, band, & Surface.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love that positive vibe you're spinning!

Well it's the truth. Microsoft's marketing is absolutely horrendous. I only saw one Surface Book ad this whole time. When I go into Microsoft Store, I am more excited about Microsoft products than the entire sales team combined.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I would presume that was the first limited run for the explicit purposes of the Continuum dock deal. I wouldn't be surprised if they're back up shortly without the dock deal.

I'd be VERY surprised if that were the case. That's unprecedented and uncharacteristic of Microsoft. Microsoft has had a lot of giveaways to promote Windows Phone sales. Qi Charging Pads & Docks, Office 365 Subscription, gift cards to the Windows Store, Xbox games, Xbox green flip dot covers for HTC devices, etc... And they always make good on their terms of service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb