A possible interpretation of "Shipping by the 25th"

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I found this interesting when I looked at it. As we all know the L950 has gone live today at AT&T (for pre orders). We had all heard it would be released on the 20th and the 950 XL "by the 25th". I found it interesting that AT&T's website has the 950 shipping described as "will be shipped between the 20th and 24th". Shockingly similar to "by the 25th". Is there a possibility that the wording is different, but that there may be no dead week between the two devices after all?
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ia-950.html%23sku%3Dsku7760237&token=n2FENZEq

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
While I have no better information on this than you do, that's entirely possible. Having said that I have no better information, I am guessing that MS will do something similar to what it did with the Surface Book which was to ship so that pre-orders arrived on the release date - which was also described as the ship by date.

<TED>

Zendroid1

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I would say it means they are just about ready to ship but put by the 25th to account for any last minute "hiccups" in the release.

k1s23

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey I was confused by this also, moreso because of the shipping choices like free shipping or expedited shipping. I went with the $4.99 shipping over the free, but there was an option for overnight shipping at $16.99 (at least where I live, may vary for all of you). Did anyone choose any other shipping options or the same as me? Also, BTW I am talking about the Lumia 950 XL on the Microsoft website.

John M Beauchemin

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah on my order slip it says 'Expected shipping date: 11/20/2015 to 11/24/2015' which I take to mean that is their window they expect to hit. Somewhere in there, my device will be shipped.

Which also seems to mean there IS a chance it will not arrive before the Thanksgiving holiday weekend... but I'm assuming MS will definitely want people showing off their new Lumia950's to everyone at their relatives house, and Insta-Book-Twittering those gorgeous macro photos of Turkey dinners and Pumpkin Pies taken with the Lumia's new camera, so they'll be doing everything in their power to fill the orders before the 25th.

They might even overnight air the phones that ship on the 24th so they get there by Wednesday, who knows. Again, back to the Xbone launch, I heard they were putting units on airplanes the night before launch and flying them across the ocean to get them to people on time.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
I did the $9.99 shipping option (I got a black from the 1st batch) just for the heck of it. Long as I have it by Dec 3rd in my hot little hands I'll be happy :D

Skyway

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey I was confused by this also, moreso because of the shipping choices like free shipping or expedited shipping. I went with the $4.99 shipping over the free, but there was an option for overnight shipping at $16.99 (at least where I live, may vary for all of you). Did anyone choose any other shipping options or the same as me? Also, BTW I am talking about the Lumia 950 XL on the Microsoft website.

I bought a 950 through AT&T and chose the next day shipping option ($15). I only had two choices though, free and next day.

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Lumia 950 XL yesterday as soon as I was able to with the Express shipping for $16.99. My order still says "Ships by November 25", so I'm hoping to have it by Black Friday or Saturday.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I also choose a shipping but for the overnight option and after i started reading all of this i am trying to understand how is mine going to be delivered on a holiday so essentially i might have paid for overnight but will get the 2 day treatment so sucks ...

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Pre-ordered the Lumia 950 XL yesterday as soon as I was able to with the Express shipping for $16.99. My order still says "Ships by November 25", so I'm hoping to have it by Black Friday or Saturday.

I am in the same boat as you the only problem is we paid the 16.99 for express overnight and if it does not come overnight express means that we got the 2day shipping which i think was 9.99 that sucks i would hope microsoftonline store gives me that back as a credit or something. Why would it allow us to select overnight if it will not be delivered by that method thats all I am saying here is to hoping ours gets sent out a day ahead and arrives before thanksgiving.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site

Did the exact same thing. Will they do deliveries on Saturday the 27th? I hope so, because I have to go out of town on business for the week of the 30th; I'll be bummed if I leave out the morning of the 30th and it gets delivered that day forcing me to wait the whole week to get back knowing it's sitting t my house!!

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping mine arrives early on the 25th, I will be out of town the entire holiday weekend starting Wed afternoon until Sunday night. Fortunately I live in an area where I'm not concerned about theft or the weather, but still not thrilled to think about it sitting there for 4 days.

aaronhong13

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm hoping mine arrives early on the 25th, I will be out of town the entire holiday weekend starting Wed afternoon until Sunday night. Fortunately I live in an area where I'm not concerned about theft or the weather, but still not thrilled to think about it sitting there for 4 days.

With the value of the package, they will more than likely require a signature for the delivery.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Based what I just read on pocketnow those that have the Nov 25th should get it on Nov 25th, the ones for DEC 11 should get it on the 11th. As of now Microsoft has closed pre orders going forward for now.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Based what I just read on pocketnow those that have the Nov 25th should get it on Nov 25th, the ones for DEC 11 should get it on the 11th. As of now Microsoft has closed pre orders going forward for now.
Oh man, that would be so awesome to get it before Thanksgiving for those of us who pre ordered & don't live anywhere near a MS store.

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh man, that would be so awesome to get it before Thanksgiving for those of us who pre ordered & don't live anywhere near a MS store.

What stinks for me: I live within 10 minutes of TWO MS stores and I did the 1st pre-order wave, but I won't be home. Oh the humanity!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss