A possible interpretation of "Shipping by the 25th"

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site
Based what I just read on pocketnow those that have the Nov 25th should get it on Nov 25th, the ones for DEC 11 should get it on the 11th. As of now Microsoft has closed pre orders going forward for now.

So does that mean all of us idiots that paid extra for priority shipping just wasted our money?

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am one of those if what was reported is true. I would expect that since the option was there that we would have it before then but who knows.

tedj101

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I think you will get what you paid for. Anywhere except Amazon, two days means two business days and next day means next business day. The next business day from Nov. 25th is Black Friday. Two business days from the 25th is the following Monday (unless you are Fed Ex Ground when Saturday is a business day and Monday isn't). FWIW, I didn't order any special shipping because this is a messy time of the year and I thought 2 day would be Monday and standard could easily be Tuesday.

<TED>

CaptainLumia

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I just called the two stores in my area. One said they'll definitely have the 950 XL in stock this Friday and that dual SIM would NEVER be available in US. The other said it will be in stock 11/25, no clue on dual SIM. So helpful. I'll drive to the store on Friday for funsies.

nkaufmann5

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
AT&T advertised shipping "between 20th and 25th" for the L950. Now many people have it in their hands. I am still crossing my fingers that this phone could ship tomorrow and/or Friday.

ShadowMario3

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
With the value of the package, they will more than likely require a signature for the delivery.

I highly doubt it. When UPS delivered my Surface Pro 3 + Type Cover back in June 2014, they left it at the door without even ringing the bell. At least it arrived on release date. :\

Also, UPS seems to deliver on Saturdays, but not on Thanksgiving.

When I preordered Band 2 from MS store it said "shipping by Oct 30". I actually got the band on Oct 30, so I hope it's the same deal here.

If that is the case, would really hope for it to be the same with the phone!

helichrysum

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Read in another thread that it's conceivable that MS Stores will have the XL in hand on or around November 25th. My pre order from MS website says it's shipping by December 11. Bummer that they don't fulfill pre orders before they stock their stores. Can I cancel my web order and go directly to the store and pick one up? Nearest store is 4 hours away in Salt Lake, but I will actually be down there on the 28th.

Roman Royter

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
When I preordered Band 2 from MS store it said "shipping by Oct 30". I actually got the band on Oct 30, so I hope it's the same deal here.

Looks like it's not happening. :(
I spoke with the local Microsoft Store and they said they'll have some 950XLs on the 26th. They'll open from 7pm-11:30pm. I'm tempted to cancel my order online and just go to the store. I'll be out of town on Thanksgiving... What was Microsoft thinking?!

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered the Band 2, it said "Ships by October 30".

The package was delivered ON October 30th... and it DID require a signature.

Based on this, I might be inclined to expect my phone to be delivered on November 25th, however, the circumstances are different. With the Band 2, I had a tracking number on October 25th... five full days before delivery. Right now, with only two days to go, there's no indication that my phone has been shipped yet.

I guess there's nothing I can do but wait and see.

cb950xl

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I am glad to know that I am not the only one that can?t wait to get the new phone. I had to leave my carrier because they did not support GSM. I bought a Lumia 640 to use until the 950XL comes in and I love it. I had been on Android for years. I saw a report that said the Microsoft stores would have the new phones on Nov. 26 in the stores. I preordered in the store in Oct. The local M store (about 75 miles away) will be open from 6:00PM to 12:00AM on the 26th. So about 4:00 PM I will excuse myself from the other turkeys sitting around and head to the store. I was told by the store that preorders could be picked up on a first come first served basis and if they ran out you would have to wait for the next batch to arrive.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered the Band 2, it said "Ships by October 30".

The package was delivered ON October 30th... and it DID require a signature.

Based on this, I might be inclined to expect my phone to be delivered on November 25th, however, the circumstances are different. With the Band 2, I had a tracking number on October 25th... five full days before delivery. Right now, with only two days to go, there's no indication that my phone has been shipped yet.

I guess there's nothing I can do but wait and see.

I agree. I'm still in this boat as well. I expect my order to remain "in process" until the 25th at this point. If I hear any differently, I will post back. As of today, however, it's still scheduled to ship by the 25th, but has not shipped early.

litster

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My credit card was just charged for the 950 XL online order I made on microsoftstore.com. Shipping status has not been updated yet. I ordered on November 17th around 9:30am.

Roman Royter

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Same here. The CC got charged and Capital One's fraud protection kicked in even. I really hope they ship from within US, overnight, then there is still a chance!

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Ditto. I just saw a charge for the price of the phone + tax show up on my credit card. Crossing my fingers and hoping it'll get here by Wednesday...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon