11-20-2015 12:52 PM
57 123
tools
    Any updates?
    11-20-2015 10:56 AM
    Any updates?
    Posted this in the Waiting Room yesterday. Sorry for not posting here instead.

Well, the manager was there again today and told me he could see his POs (purchase orders) and was still expecting the devices to be there on the 26th. He showed me that they had already received the shipment of AT&T 950s, and even opened one to let me see it.

He said they also just got a memo that states the Display Dock offer is the same in brick and mortar stores as it is online. You will get a code when you purchase your phone. The "Lumia Offers" app is preloaded on the phone, and you can put the code in there or online. It's worth noting that he thought they would be handing out display docks, but after he read the memo fully (they had just gotten it earlier today, it seems), it said specifically that retailers should not give out display docks to pre-order customers.

He also revealed that only 5 people preordered the xl, and they were only getting enough units to fulfill the preorders. He said it could have something to do with the culture here not wanting to preorder. They also only received 5 AT&T 950s.

Anyway, that's pretty much all the info I got. It was enough for me, at least. I'll still be back tomorrow, just in case. ;)
    dmmontal and Likwidz like this.
    11-20-2015 11:05 AM
    Panos panay has a blog post where he says it will be available in US stores on 26th. No mention of Canada though :(

Lumia 950 sales begin today | Microsoft Devices Blog
    11-20-2015 11:08 AM
    Great updates, both - thank you guys!
    11-20-2015 11:37 AM
    Finally got confirmation that I will be able to pick my phone up on black friday. The walt whitman store on long island is closed on thanksgiving. This should be interesting.
    Musicman247 likes this.
    11-20-2015 11:45 AM
    I'm slightly worried about missing out on the display dock, since I won't get my phone until the 30th, and the offer is "while supplies last". Judging from how fast the pre-orders are going, they may just run out before I can claim my code.
    11-20-2015 12:10 PM
    I'm slightly worried about missing out on the display dock, since I won't get my phone until the 30th, and the offer is "while supplies last". Judging from how fast the pre-orders are going, they may just run out before I can claim my code.
    Since Microsoft is making the offer and since Microsoft makes the dock, supplies will last until they stop making them. I'm pretty sure its just some lawyer weasel words unless they specify what the number available are. This isn't like some free "I like MS bumper" sticker, it has a substantial value which means it will be assumed to have been a deciding factor in the phone purchase. If that wasn't so, think about why MS wouldn't just say the supply was 3 docks, sucks to be you! Even Microsoft couldn't afford the bad press, lawsuits, etc. from stiffing people like that. There will be plenty of docks to give out.. They just want to motivate people to buy the phone as soon as possible, just in case.
    Musicman247 likes this.
    11-20-2015 12:52 PM
57 123