950 xl available in store Nov 26th

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I called the Freehold store in NJ today. The person I spoke with said no word yet on when the 950XL will be in the store however the 950 will be in store tomorrow, 11/20. I might just go to the store and pre-order the XL, nothing to lose at this point.

I think they might have stopped the preorders in stores. Could be wrong though.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
My understanding is that when they get the units they will notify those people will reservations. There is a 2 days grace period to pick up the reservations. Once that 2 days is up, they will start selling them to everyone. That's almost what the MS employee made it sound like. I just find it weird they will be there all day calling people unless it's an automated machine.

That coincides work what someone mentioned about 25th or 27th. Fans who pre order get the phone with no line ups or anything. Then after that they open up to public on the 27th

Last edited:

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that when they get the units they will notify those people will reservations. There is a 2 days grace period to pick up the reservations. Once that 2 days is up, they will start selling them to everyone. That's almost what the MS employee made it sound like. I just find it weird they will be there all day calling people unless it's an automated machine.

That coincides work what someone mentioned about 25th or 27th. Fans who pre order get the phone with no line ups or anything. Then after that they open up to public on the 27th

I pre-ordered the Band 2 at the Bellevue Microsoft Store. Got an email from them the day of release giving me 2 days to pick it up.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Depends on the store. I backordered my Surface Book and waited because they said they will call. Ended up waiting a week or so, went into a store to find out that they already have them in stock and just didn't call me.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the store. I backordered my Surface Book and waited because they said they will call. Ended up waiting a week or so, went into a store to find out that they already have them in stock and just didn't call me.

I would've been pissed. And probably complained to a manager. I was worried about the same thing so I emailed my MS Store buddy and made sure he puts one aside for me should they arrive tomorrow by some form of magic.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I've just been going to the store and checking every day... >_>

I also emailed the store manager, who assured me he would hold my pre-order past the normal 48 hours until I was able to come get it.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I pre-ordered an XL at the Frisco, TX location but then also pre-ordered one online when they opened up on Monday since I wasn't sure at the time that I could get the dock with my brick and mortar phone. So my retail store pre-order will go unclaimed and be available for whomever. My point being that there may be some of these available for purchase at the store.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Toronto, Eaton Centre (Canada) last week claimed to have the 950's in for this Friday. But after visiting again yesterday that seemed to change. Apparently there was some kind of conference call with head office and that date seems more likely to be to next week. Either way I intend to pass through Friday just in case on my way home.
Let me know how it goes, I already pre-ordered it I wonder if I could pick it up from store instead.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Any updates?
Posted this in the Waiting Room yesterday. Sorry for not posting here instead.

Well, the manager was there again today and told me he could see his POs (purchase orders) and was still expecting the devices to be there on the 26th. He showed me that they had already received the shipment of AT&T 950s, and even opened one to let me see it.

He said they also just got a memo that states the Display Dock offer is the same in brick and mortar stores as it is online. You will get a code when you purchase your phone. The "Lumia Offers" app is preloaded on the phone, and you can put the code in there or online. It's worth noting that he thought they would be handing out display docks, but after he read the memo fully (they had just gotten it earlier today, it seems), it said specifically that retailers should not give out display docks to pre-order customers.

He also revealed that only 5 people preordered the xl, and they were only getting enough units to fulfill the preorders. He said it could have something to do with the culture here not wanting to preorder. They also only received 5 AT&T 950s.

Anyway, that's pretty much all the info I got. It was enough for me, at least. I'll still be back tomorrow, just in case. ;)

majortom1981

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally got confirmation that I will be able to pick my phone up on black friday. The walt whitman store on long island is closed on thanksgiving. This should be interesting.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I'm slightly worried about missing out on the display dock, since I won't get my phone until the 30th, and the offer is "while supplies last". Judging from how fast the pre-orders are going, they may just run out before I can claim my code.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm slightly worried about missing out on the display dock, since I won't get my phone until the 30th, and the offer is "while supplies last". Judging from how fast the pre-orders are going, they may just run out before I can claim my code.
Since Microsoft is making the offer and since Microsoft makes the dock, supplies will last until they stop making them. I'm pretty sure its just some lawyer weasel words unless they specify what the number available are. This isn't like some free "I like MS bumper" sticker, it has a substantial value which means it will be assumed to have been a deciding factor in the phone purchase. If that wasn't so, think about why MS wouldn't just say the supply was 3 docks, sucks to be you! Even Microsoft couldn't afford the bad press, lawsuits, etc. from stiffing people like that. There will be plenty of docks to give out.. They just want to motivate people to buy the phone as soon as possible, just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077