950 xl available in store Nov 26th

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Just in case people missed my post in the waiting room:

Ok, spoke to the manager of my local kiosk. They got a late comm from corporate that the 950 xl would be available in-store on November 26. Yes, Thanksgiving. He was 100% sure on that. Even lamented that they would be open at 6am that day.

When I asked about going to another store (since I will be out of town), he said pre-orders could only be fulfilled at the store at which they were made. I asked about just buying one, no pre-order. He said that what was being communicated at the moment was that there wouldn't be any extras unless you happen to be at one of the larger stores. He said Galleria in Houston was the third largest store and might have some extras, but warned me it would be crazy.

They did show me the display dock and cases had come in for the AT&T 950, and that they would have them for sale on Friday. He also said the free display dock promotion would be honored. Don't know if that means they will give one right then (since they have them), or if it's the mail-in thing still.

I have tipped WinCentral as well.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Just an update: Got an email back from the manager of my local MS store. He will be holding my pre-order for me.

He said that the Display Dock promotion was online only, but that he would be "partnering with upper management to review your concerns".

I replied that I was hopeful that those of us who pre-ordered well before the online promotion existed would receive the same benefit as those who pre-ordered online yesterday.

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I just returned from the Microsoft Flagship Store on 5th Ave in NYC. I spoke with a sales rep and, keeping in mind the info posted about a Thanksgiving release, asked him if they had an in-store date yet - I said I was hearing it would likely be Thanksgiving. He responded that they still didn't have the exact info, but they had "heard" it would be this Friday (11/20). He took my pre-order and said it would be held for 24-48 hours from the in-store date.

I was only there briefly and don't know if he was a manager or regular staff member, but he seemed more versed than average in terms of the phones themselves. That said, take my report for no more than its worth - it's possible that he had simply not been told about an updated date to Thanksgiving, or that he did know and was just blowing smoke. I wonder too if different stores might have different release dates - i.e. this being the flagship NYC store would they be likely to release earlier than others in the country? I'm not sure.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
I spoke to a regular employee first, who was confused about what phone I was asking about at first, since they are selling the 950 on Friday, locked to AT&T. When I told him I had heard the 950 xl would be available Friday, he said that they had been told it would be sometime between the 25th and 27th, but didn't remember exactly. He then asked if I could wait for his boss to come back. I did, and spoke to someone who introduced himself as the store manager, and even gave me his business card which said he was the store manager with an @microsoft email address and everything.

I'm not trying to discount your experience, just let you know that the regular employee I spoke to was confused at first, since both phones are called "950", and they are selling a 950 on Friday. Just not the unlocked xl.

Again, this is what I was told by the manager of the store today. Who knows what could happen in the coming days.

dmmontal

May 1, 2013
Visit site
No worries, and neither was I trying to discount yours. Lots of room for errors and different stories from different stores or even different employees, as you pointed out. Just wanted to share my experience as well, as food for thought.

Since the business card of the person you spoke to identified him as a manger, I'll make the logical assumption that the guy on my end was not a manager, as he had a generic store card, on which he had to manually write in his name and contact info. I will say though that he did indeed know exactly which phone I was referring to (we both said "XL" several times in the conversation), though it's certainly possible that internally he was confused/mistaken about the date due to the regular 950 coming out on Friday. Or again, he may have absolutely known the definite date and was just giving me the business.

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to a regular employee first, who was confused about what phone I was asking about at first, since they are selling the 950 on Friday, locked to AT&T. When I told him I had heard the 950 xl would be available Friday, he said that they had been told it would be sometime between the 25th and 27th, but didn't remember exactly. He then asked if I could wait for his boss to come back. I did, and spoke to someone who introduced himself as the store manager, and even gave me his business card which said he was the store manager with an @microsoft email address and everything.

I'm not trying to discount your experience, just let you know that the regular employee I spoke to was confused at first, since both phones are called "950", and they are selling a 950 on Friday. Just not the unlocked xl.

Again, this is what I was told by the manager of the store today. Who knows what could happen in the coming days.

Both of you guys are Awesome !! I appreciate you dmmontal and Musicman247 for not having this [Whinny Smart *** Mean Spirited] that some on here think is cool . I also appreciate you both for sharing ( that's what this community is about) information with all.

Please remain ' Cool " to show those who are unfunny and Humorless post and responses, how the Windows Phone community is small but " ahead of the technical curve and smart!!!"

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Be aware of the dock offer fine print. Iast time I checked it stated it is effective Nov 25.

I recall some people who got the Nokia Tablet were denied the free keyboard offer because they bought it on day one, before the offer was officially valid.

Captpt

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Be aware of the dock offer fine print. Iast time I checked it stated it is effective Nov 25.

I recall some people who got the Nokia Tablet were denied the free keyboard offer because they bought it on day one, before the offer was officially valid.

And the Terms and Conditions for the dock states;
"Limited time offer. Valid on November 20, 2015 until January 31, 2016 only, while supplies last, for
residents of the United States."

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm more worried about the clause that says they won't reship docks that don't get delivered. Sounds to me like they could save a fortune by hiring a bunch of dyslexic shipping clerks. I'm joking but I'm also not, if you know what I mean.

And while supplies last? Are you kidding me? How many is that? 250,000 or 25?

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
This is what bugs me about Microsoft lately. Nobody knows when the actual release is. You'd think that at least physical stores would know when they receive shipment and when they need to put up new displays and posters. This is beyond absurd and whoever is in charge of this type of info at Microsoft needs to be fired yesterday. It's as if Microsoft is begging us not to buy it.

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Also, I spoke to a representative at my MSFT store at Yorkdale (Toronto Canada).
He said that the entire team at Yorkdale confirmed that YOU CAN still redeem the free dock from MSFT online even if you preordered in stores.
You will have to register your IMEI online during the promotional period.

Also from what I have read online... even if you preordered prior the "20/25 November date" you can still redeem for the promotion. You will only have within that time frame to redeem it via coupon.

EDIT: Fineprint:
To obtain your promotional code, you must activate your device, and sign in to the Lumia Offers Appon your eligible Microsoft Lumia phone with a Microsoft account on or before January 31, 2016;

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I sure hope this is the case with the West Edmonton Mall store.
If the free dock promo is to hint... they should get it this Friday.
"Valid on November 20, 2015 until January 31, 2016 only, while supplies last, forresidents of Canada. Available in Microsoft online store in Canada only. "

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
And the Terms and Conditions for the dock states;
"Limited time offer. Valid on November 20, 2015 until January 31, 2016 only, while supplies last, for
residents of the United States."

On the MS store website, it currently reads:
Valid with purchase and offer registration between 11/25/15 and 1/31/16 while supplies last. Redeem promotional code online through Microsoft Store by 2/29/16. Valid credit or debit card required at time of redemption. Visit here for full terms and conditions.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For what it is worth, I just spoke with someone at the Orlando, FL MS store and was told that they would have the 950xl's in store this Friday, 11/20/15. I asked if the pre-orders could be picked up that day and was told yes.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
For what it is worth, I just spoke with someone at the Orlando, FL MS store and was told that they would have the 950xl's in store this Friday, 11/20/15. I asked if the pre-orders could be picked up that day and was told yes.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to be stopping by the store tomorrow and Friday juuuust in case MS surprises everyone.

dbdayton

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I called the Microsoft store in Lone Tree CO (Denver). I inquired about when the 950XL unlocked that I preordered would be in, and that I hadn't received an email yet as to availability date, but that I understood any time now. They said it would be in store the 26th (that's Thanksgiving). She said if I had the pre-order code email, that would be all I would need to bring, even if I didn't get an email.

I'm excited. My 925 has a short in the ear/speaker for the phone so I need a new phone!

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Complete garbage launch as I expected. Way to suck at life Microsoft. That fluff piece by Jason pissed me off even more. How stupid do you have to be to leave so many customers dissatisfied when you barely even have any...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)