Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, I would call the store and see if they can hold one in store for you and cancel your other pre-order.

Thanks. Yeah I just chatted with someone online and he said I would have to cancel the order if I want to pick up from store instead. I'll see if they ship before Nov 26 then.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol I think I'm just going to visit the Yorkdale store first thing in the morning of 26th and hope they'll have them in stock. The lady that I called today said 26th is general release for Canada, US, and Puerto rico but the stock will mostly be for ones that pre-ordered in store. Hopefully they'll have extras.

cggab

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
CC charged and tracking number issued , paid for express shipping, would be nice to receive by Nov 25.

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely going as close to opening as I can in Burnaby BC store!

The band2 didn't make it too busy looking at that store on day1, but at least it was active with people there!

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just called Yorkdale and they said the ones who pre ordered in store will get a call or email in the next 7 days... Seems too long I think.... But what I hate is that you can't get a dam clear answer

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just called Yorkdale and they said the ones who pre ordered in store will get a call or email in the next 7 days... Seems too long I think.... But what I hate is that you can't get a dam clear answer

That answer would not sit well with me. Personally, I'd be calling back to speak to a manager to ensure that my 950 is set aside on Thursday for me to pick up that day. But that's just me.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The XL? Interesting if you actually receive it before they are offered in stores.

Pre-ordered mine online (Canada). Received UPS tracking number on shipment confirmation thismorning at 3:00AM mountian time. Package still not trackable with UPS.

I paid for expidited shipping.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes I pre ordered in store at Yorkdale a 950 XL around the 11th of Oct when they still had the demos on display.... Some people say the 26th, some people say in a week, one even said Jan 2016 I was like WTF are you guys on drugs?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Well Yorkdale seems to be out of the loop. I'm confident that the 26th is the accurate date to go by to purchase in stores since that's the date Microsoft confirmed themselves. Your dilemma (like mine) is to ensure you will be able to pick up your in-store pre-order on that date. I plan to visit my store on my lunch to see what's going on. I may even stop in today on the way home to triple check mine will be set aside that day.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That is f***Ed up. It's funny people at answered your calls have different answers from the one i called. I hope like she said I will be able to go in store and purchase a phone on the day of Nov 26. I'm probably gonna call in he morning before leaving just i don't make a trip for no reason...

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah good idea. My store re-confirmed the 26th date for in store purchase again on the way home. I'll be calling before noon to confirm if they received them and if so I'll be grabbing mine during my lunch hour. I'm not taking any chances with me losing out.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting people in US are saying that their phones are being shipped via UPS from ON, Canada. If they're so many units in Canada then I believe the Canadian stores should have enough stock for both pre-orders and in store purchase. Maybe it's just my wishful thinking though.

Edit: nvm, just got the news flash that Ontario, CA is California, not Canada. Haha...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99