Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my post to say he double checked me asking if I had pre-ordered!
I see, that's a little worrisome. Well I actually pre-ordered online but they cancelled my order for some reason so when I wanted to pre-order it again it was already not available. When I called a few days back the lady say they should have enough units to sell other than the pre-order pick ups.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone got a call or email from the Yorkdale store? I also pre ordered back in Oct.... Let me know please.... This grand that I put aside is way to heavy in my pocket lol

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys just do me one favor, if any of you go and pick up the phone today or tomorrow please ask if it qualifies for the 10% educational discount and please let me know... Thanks in advance

fgaucher

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Just received my 950 xl, nov 25, via UPS. Was shipped from Harrisburg, PA. Was ordered on nov 16. I am from Montreal.
The unit is a dual sim with build 10586.0 and battery charged at 30%. When beginning the initial setup I was not able to enter my MS account. Gave me an error (don't remember). I had to reinitialize the phone from the system settings and after around 15 minutes of resetting I had been able to enter my MS account. And I chose my backup to restore from my previous Lumia 930. The restore went well.
Than I started the appli update from the store. Around 32 appli had updates.

I have a quality feeling when I have it in hand. Its not too big for me. Much lighter than my L930. I use a Moko case to protect it.
While

I will post other info after few days or using it

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So.... I got an email from MS as follows: Product Availability Notice Microsoft Lumia 950XL Good news: This product is now available at MicrosoftStore.ca. I read that too quickly it seems and called Microsoft Store (as you know they act as a middleman and call your local store for you to inquire on your behalf). I told him I received an email that my 950XL pre-order was ready for pick up and wanted to confirm this before heading over. He put me on hold for about 2 minutes then came back on saying that I'm good to go and can pick up my item. After hanging up I realized the email is essentially telling me I can purchase it online. Not that it's my pre-order ready to be picked up. But yet he confirmed I can actually pick it up.

I'm sceptical but will try my luck anyway on my way home.

Lyndon Sanche

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
So.... I got an email from MS as follows: Product Availability Notice Microsoft Lumia 950XL Good news: This product is now available at MicrosoftStore.ca. I read that too quickly it seems and called Microsoft Store (as you know they act as a middleman and call your local store for you to inquire on your behalf). I told him I received an email that my 950XL pre-order was ready for pick up and wanted to confirm this before heading over. He put me on hold for about 2 minutes then came back on saying that I'm good to go and can pick up my item. After hanging up I realized the email is essentially telling me I can purchase it online. Not that it's my pre-order ready to be picked up. But yet he confirmed I can actually pick it up.

Now I'm getting uneasy, the West Edmonton mall store still claims they never received the phones yet.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

Run there and say you got a call from MS saying that it's ready for pick-up, see what happens and let us know.... Relax the worst they can say is it's not in till tomorrow

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's not like I'm going out of my way to pass by them tonight but I'm pretty certain it was a mistake and they'll have them in tomorrow like everyone else.

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome news! I've pre-ordered at the MS Store in Vancouver so I'll give them a visit tomorrow. I was there yesterday and they were thinking it would be available on Friday.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So it appears it may be my lucky day. My buddy over at my local store actually texted me saying what if he told me I can get a 950XL a day before launch. (this confirms tomorrow is when they are officially selling them in store). I said that would make my day. He said he "got the green light from Seattle" so if he can work his charm with inventory and convince them he'll sell me one tonight. Not really sure what any of that means but if it works I'll be very happy.

DustinJClark

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Good thing I paid for express shipping :facepalm:

11/25/2015 9:31 A.M.
A required security check has delayed delivery. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Good thing I paid for express shipping :facepalm:

11/25/2015 9:31 A.M.
A required security check has delayed delivery. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

If it's coming from the US then it's probably getting cleared through customs

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
That's one thing I hate about shipping. I'm never home during the day so I miss all my deliveries and end up having to play games with the courier on trying to get things re-routed.

But on a separate note I've confirmed some good news and bad news for us Canadians hoping to get our 950's this week. Bad news is word has it that there's a major problem with Canadian shipments right now and it has to do with customs specifically. Stores like Yorkdale (Toronto) are going to be directly affected by this as well as some others and as a result there may be some stores that won't get their shipments for launch tomorrow.. or even Friday. Meaning that some may end up waiting till next week to pick theirs up. Ouch.

The good news? I get to officially pick up mine up in an hour lol. Sorry to those that don't get theirs tomorrow, I feel for you trust me.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Got mine at square one. The black one is gorgeous. Very sturdy feeling. Has been running warm but I think that goes away from what people say.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion