Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just called Yorkdale "I have a direct number... No call centre" they said that the phones came in today but they will go on sale tomorrow

Oh thats good to hear cuz I just called through call centre and the guy said there might not be enough units for in store purchase they have to give them to te pre-ordered customers first....

AdamAshton

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The good news? I get to officially pick up mine up in an hour lol. Sorry to those that don't get theirs tomorrow, I feel for you trust me.

So, did you get your phone from Yorkdale?
I'm traveling tomorrow afternoon and wanted to get it asap to set it up and put maps on it.
I pre-ordered from Yorkdale in early October too, so if they have them, I'd like to get mine too (either tonight or first thing in the morning).

Can't wait!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just called Yorkdale "I have a direct number... No call centre" they said that the phones came in today but they will go on sale tomorrow

Is it possible for you to share the direct number so I could call them tomorrow morning before I go in store? The people at call centre have very vague and mixed info..

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Rogers has been performing well on mine. I only have 3g though as I popped a prepaid card in there.

The phone is great. It was warm initially but after all upgrades, installs. I shut it down for a while and then after boot up it stayed cool.

Also iris recognition I can even get it to recognize from a pretty large angle. Secret is to do the improve recognition in many different angles. And when you unlock don't look at the words that it's unlocking look at the red light. I've had it unlock at angles where i was sitting and phone was down near lap. I just looked down.

techie1961

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my black 950XL this evening at Yorkdale shopping mall in Toronto. Very pleased with the phone and like the feel of it. I got my notification email at 4:25 this afternoon and rushed out to pick it up once I saw the "first come first served" notice in the email.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from Yorkdale and I got the 950XL.... Managed to get the the 10% educational store discount too but apparently it's not supposed to be available in Canada for this device put since the manager had given the ok over the phone he ended up giving it to me... I also paid the $99 for the Microsoft complete warranty but I don't know if I should keep that... What do you guys think?

AdamAshton

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible for you to share the direct number so I could call them tomorrow morning before I go in store? The people at call centre have very vague and mixed info..

Call 647-777-4580. Some options still take you to Microsoft instead of the Yorkdale MS store. I wait unti they ask while you're calling, then hit 4 (change an appointment or hardware support, I think) and that gets me to someone on site.

I got mine tonight and am setting it up now : ]

AdamAshton

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Call 647-777-4580. Some options still take you to Microsoft instead of the Yorkdale MS store. I wait unti they ask while you're calling, then hit 4 (change an appointment or hardware support, I think) and that gets me to someone on site.

I got mine tonight and am setting it up now : ]

VoynaZ

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I picked up a Lumia 950 XL in white today at the Square One store in Mississauga (No pre-order) . So far no complaints about the phone still setting everything up and organizing it. Switched from my S6 Edge. Missed the camera from my 1020 after switching to S6 Edge. I've taken a few pictures with 950 XL and I'm very happy with it. Works no problems with the Rogers network so far and the Rogers MyAccount app works well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky