Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

MobileGorilla

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, just hope Pacific Centre will have them stocked for store pre-orders tomorrow. Did they offer the bundle with the case, dual charger, and glass screen protector?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Call 647-777-4580. Some options still take you to Microsoft instead of the Yorkdale MS store. I wait unti they ask while you're calling, then hit 4 (change an appointment or hardware support, I think) and that gets me to someone on site.

I got mine tonight and am setting it up now : ]

Thanks, will be calling tomorrow morning right at 10, before I leave for the mall :p

thaman04

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ahh I'm excited.

3 questions:

1. Did you all pay the full price? ($849 + tax) or did you get any sort of discounts or financing?
2. Does either Square One or Yorkdale have the demo units back on display? I would love to try it out before buying.
3. Did you get Black or White? I usually love black, but I think the white looks nice too. But I think white will get dirty easy, so I might go with black.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Arrived in the mail today. Surprised how light this phone is...the plasticy removable back cover does make the phone feel a bit less premium.

Trying out my old Nokia DT-900 Qi wireless charger. Seems to charge pretty slowly so far.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Picked mine up today at WEM. Southgate also said they were receiving their shipment today and manager authorized them to sell preorders today as well. Officially available tomorrow. I preordered in-store the first day.

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Went to sleep last night and let the phone charge..... This morning when I woke up it was super hot and it was off.... To turn it on I had to long press the power button for about 10 sec

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Went to sleep last night and let the phone charge..... This morning when I woke up it was super hot and it was off.... To turn it on I had to long press the power button for about 10 sec

That's strange, haven't heard that from others yet, right? Hope it's not a common problem

signal-2-noise

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I got an email notification (which I signed up for) yesterday announcing that the 950 XL was available to order now. As soon as I got that email (notified via my Band 2) I immediately went to MSC to place the order. But there was no "buy" or "add to cart" button to click on...still an "email me when available" button present. So did MS have like only a dozen of these available? Did they sell out or was the email in error? I think I will wait anyway as based on numerous lackluster reviews of the 950/950 XL they will be heavily discounted soon enough.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Trying out my old Nokia DT-900 Qi wireless charger. Seems to charge pretty slowly so far.

I'm also using my old DT-903 wireless charging stand and it actually doesn't charge at all. I'm pretty pissed about that. It seems where ever the charging plate is located inside the backplate isn't touching the right spot on the charger so it won't charge. If I move it around it sorta finds the right spot but now it's useless to me. I'll have to buy a new charging plate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb