Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think that the $99 Microsoft complete Warranty thing is worth it? I got it but might decide to forget about it and return it.... If that's even possible

Well I normally don't put 1k into a phone. And phones are those things you constantly have with you and sometimes you fumble. It covers accidental damage. Two times only. But this puppy is not going to be easy to fix from the teardown I saw, so I figure why not. At least I get the dock for free.

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Well I normally don't put 1k into a phone. And phones are those things you constantly have with you and sometimes you fumble. It covers accidental damage. Two times only. But this puppy is not going to be easy to fix from the teardown I saw, so I figure why not. At least I get the dock for free.
I fumbled with my phone twice while wiping the display before putting on the screen protector, so I'm already thinking that it was a wise decision to purchase. ;)

Thallanor

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
pic of how it looks? how thick is it? curved edges? Does it matter?
I'll take pictures tonight when I get home. :) My 1520 is so dead that even plugged-in, taking a picture causes the phone to turn off. :( The only downside to the screen protector is it has a bit of a large cutout near the top for the speaker and a couple sensors. There is a very slight taper at the edges, but you can still make them out quite easily. But with the little sleeve/case thing I bought at the store, you really don't see it since the edges of the case go right to the edge of the protector. I think generally, it's worth it for the feel. Scrolling in particular is a lot easier. We'll see which one resists fingerprints more.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey, have you guys figured out how to order the continuum dock? I was expecting there to be some kind of coupon or code inside the box, but I don't see anything.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Loving it so far, finally almost done setting up all the apps and settings (wanted to start fresh rather than use backups..)
One major downfall for me personally is that Line is NOT COMPATIBLE with it. I hope they release an update to fix this soon because that's one of my daily communication apps so losing it is almost impossible.

I'm running LINE fine? Although I do see a big black bar between the chat content and the buttons. Probably not designed to scale for this screen res.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I just got back from the WEM Microsoft Store and picked up my pre-order Lumia 950XL. The lady there indicated that today they were only selling to those who pre-ordered. I never thought to ask when general sale would start, but I'm assuming within 1-2 days. Kinda knee-jerked and bought the essentials bundle and accidental damage coverage too... ouch. I'm hobbling a little bit now. :D

They didn't have any accessories yet on Wednesday. What's in the Essentials Bundle here in Canada? Mind taking a pic? Do they have any cases at the store now? Perhaps a Mozo case??

lDonovanl

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Nano Sim.JPG

Guys... Microsoft Store Canada just changed the specs for both Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL from Dual Nano SIM to a Nano SIM. I'm pretty sure people who are receiving the next batch on December 11, 2015 will get the single Nano SIM slot. Only the Microsoft Store USA still shows the Dual Nano SIM on their website for both devices.

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
That's an impossible question to answer. It's worth it if you ever need it, otherwise it's a waste of money.

Personally I always play the odds on things like this and the odds are in the retailer's favour so I (almost) always say no. If I had bought warranty on every tech item I'd ever bought I would've wasted a lot of money by now. The one time that I do break something it's still cheaper to replace that one item at full price than to buy warranty for every single item.

My only exception was the MS Band 2. The warranty on that was $39 (IIRC) and I figured with it swinging around on my wrist it might be more prone to damage, so I coughed up for that one.

There's a $30 deductible for the Band2 Complete, and a max 1 claim within 2 years. So really $69 if you end up claiming.

Microsoft Complete for Microsoft Band 2 - Microsoft Store Canada

For Mobile, it looks like off-contract phones have NO DEDUCTIBLE, also max 1 claim within warranty period.
I'm more likely to drop my phone and scratch my screen or something *knock on wood*, so this seems worth it.
Plus, bang up your phone like crazy closer to the end and get it completely fixed/replaced ;)

Microsoft Complete Warranty - Microsoft - Canada

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

anon(8966963)

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 117509

Guys... Microsoft Store Canada just changed the specs for both Lumia 950 & Lumia 950 XL from Dual Nano SIM to a Nano SIM. I'm pretty sure people who are receiving the next batch on December 11, 2015 will get the single Nano SIM slot. Only the Microsoft Store USA still shows the Dual Nano SIM on their website for both devices.

Lol on the Canadian site it always said Nano sim.... It never said dual

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 117509

hm. That sucks for people who didn't pre-order.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Update your Lumia Offers app and just open it. Send yourself an email with the promo code. Order at the MS Store online with the promo code.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Flumia-offers%2F9nblggh2kbnv&token=wOkqEu2_

When I click the link in the email it takes me to a page where it says the dock is "Out of Stock". I hope that doesn't mean I missed my chance. How could that be? Today is only the first day the phone is available. Did they have like 5 of these things to give away?

LuvMeSomeWP

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
When I click the link in the email it takes me to a page where it says the dock is "Out of Stock". I hope that doesn't mean I missed my chance. How could that be? Today is only the first day the phone is available. Did they have like 5 of these things to give away?

It looks to me to be the regular Display Dock page, and so it will eventually come back into supply :p
Just keep monitoring it and try again when it's back! I imagine the promo code is what will determine whether you can grab it. Seeing as you've "activated", just need to claim it before the deadline so you have a while yet!

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope-found this site (WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network) that just aggregates network information. Looks like it has 2 of the 3g bands, and 2 of the LTE ones, so the only real question is what coverage is going to be like outside of major centres. It doesn't support CDMA, so if there are areas where that's all there is, then that means a dead zone.

Hey that site is awesome.. Thanks for posting. Especially useful since most of my family is on Wind and with that carrier you have to be very careful what phones you bring to the party.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)