Canadians! Who's got their 950 XL?

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to buy the 950XL but I haven't used my phone in excess for a while and other personal reasons, plus the money I recently spent on my PC; I could have bought 3 950XL. I will be holding off for a while. I do want to try one out soon.

Rezelius

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'll be waiting to hear if anyone has any luck with a Bell LTE Sim as I was going to jump and buy one but if I can't use it on this network then there is no point, sigh.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll be waiting to hear if anyone has any luck with a Bell LTE Sim as I was going to jump and buy one but if I can't use it on this network then there is no point, sigh.

Calydus said it worked data wise:

So this is screwed up, just tried with a Bell LTE Sim and it didn't work. Couldn't get any MMS either. Even entering the manual APN settings, or not, the Data works... but not the MMS... (I tried with both sims in, but Bell never worked). If used alone I do get signal, data, but can't get the stupid mms to work no matter what I do. Anybody had success with a Bell Sim?

I'm not convinced simply swapping out sim is enough, I think need to initialize the phone with the SIM. The fact I had to do it like that with my 930, no matter what I did manually is why I keep thinking that way. Would've hoped windows10 handled it better but I guess not! Any chance with a Rogers SIM because I know that should work :D

don braithwaite

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I just received the shipping notice for the dock about 5 minutes ago. Says it's shipping by FedEx, but there are no tracking details yet. I didn't think those were going to be shipping for a while. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's coming so quickly.

don braithwaite

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My Bell LTE NFC sim is working - but it is a new sim card that was initialized on Wednesday. My old ATIV S had a larger sim card so I had to get a new nano sim after I received the phone.

If you're ever wondering whether a new phone will work with your carrier, you can always check out WillMyPhoneWork.net

Calydus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Calydus said it worked data wise:

I'm not convinced simply swapping out sim is enough, I think need to initialize the phone with the SIM. The fact I had to do it like that with my 930, no matter what I did manually is why I keep thinking that way. Would've hoped windows10 handled it better but I guess not! Any chance with a Rogers SIM because I know that should work :D

Yeah well I don't think I could manage to INITIALIZE it with a Rogers sim, one thing I can try is just popping one in.

However a friend of mine is on Videotron too and has the same issues as me.
That's sooooo weird.

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Woke up this morning to a shipment notification for my Lumia Display dock! :) It's on it's way!

Stephen, when you ordered the dock did the order page give you a price of $129 + tax? Cause that's what I'm seeing and so far no opportunity to enter in the promotional code. I'm afraid if I click "Complete Purchase" my credit card will be charged. What happened when you ordered?

Steve Gauvin

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I would like to know if the Lumia 950 XL Single SIM was available in Canada ?

I'm ordering min from the Canadian MS Store, but I have receive a 950 XL Dual SIM!

Does anybody was received an Lumia 950 XL Single SIM ?

Steve

vincentwansink

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Mine is dual (which I like), but I can understand that a lot of people don't want that. If you're only ever going to use one sim it's kind of annoying to have to see a little number 1 on your text and dialer tiles.

StephenWagner7

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I would like to know if the Lumia 950 XL Single SIM was available in Canada ?

I'm ordering min from the Canadian MS Store, but I have receive a 950 XL Dual SIM!

Does anybody was received an Lumia 950 XL Single SIM ?

Steve

I think everyone got dual SIM phones, but who cares, think of it as an extra feature!

And as for making the icon's disappear, I think I read on another thread you can link the phone and messaging apps so it only shows one.

don braithwaite

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My icon shows " Telus L " , is this what you see ?

So far I've seen people mention 'Telus L', 'Rogers L', and mine says 'Bell L'. I'm assuming those are all LTE. According to the WillMyPhoneWork site the 950 and 950 XL should both get 4G LTE on Telus, Rogers, and Bell.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It barely keeps up if at all with all the app updates!

I'm not sure though I have the optimal position though

Same. I'm trying to figure out what's the best position for charging.

FWIW, last night the phone only charged up to about 30-40%, likely due to bad positioning. Thankfully the wall charger brought it up to 80% in about 1/2 hour.

TimeBender

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine and the Display Dock too ! :)

Transferred almost everything from my old Lumia 930. Some old Nokia apps don't work and are disabled.

It won't charge on my Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand - not sure why? - It does work when I place the phone horizontal but does not if I place it vertically/Portrait.

Its a little bigger than I thought but other than that its awesome :cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99