Non disclosure lifted so we must ge betting soon

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
have just seen some of Tom Warrens tweets - he's also of the opinion that platic phones are and i quote here
"Ugh. Plastic phone "

well - so much for that...
i dont agree - have held the 950 - felt very nice to me and i have used and owned metal phones and polycarbonate phones both Nokia/Microsoft and Apple....

I do not agree with him when sammy sung made plastic phones he defended them as being durable now this phones polycarb and its not premium enough. To me premium can be plastic or polycarb whatever its about what goes into it the entire device. I can find plenty of glass android or metal phones that have tech from 3 years ago do we say thats premium no so that I whole hardly disagree with the guy on.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The usual, can't use Google services, Snapchat... so apps yes and that it's just a slab of boring plastic. Because they want the design of their phones to look exciting!! Fresh!! Right up until the point they put their favorite Pokemon case on it:

View attachment 116991

oh and then there's this tweet by the writer to further anger WP users.

I am fine last report that i saw was the the IOS apps are coming along very good with developers while they are having all kinds of issues with android ports. So IOS apps look better and devs seem to put more into those feature wise well before they provide it to the android counterparts so as long as the future says that at some point these ports are still on target who cares if snapchat isn't there or tinder come on access it through the web and pin it probably get more features doing it that way.

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
is that what he did? i'v been wondering how he did that... i think the pry off point in in a corner, isnt it?
Someone mentioned that in a reply and he didn't defend himself by saying he didn't. That would be my guess as well. In fact, I remember seeing other posts from around Oct 6th, either on the forum or articles in which they said the back came off pretty easily when prying from the usb port.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
No. you don't per se. No case will protect enough unless it's a BIG case. Lumia's don't need cases for protection. Only for looks like a Mozo back. If you're worried: get an Big Otterbox

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Next time, please forget mentioning theverge. There are enough Lumia 950 reviews to get a good picture. So no need for their 'review'.

Thank you.

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Come on, this dude's photo (on twitter) is 110% intentional!
Unless he has an IQ rate of 20 (or less), then he could have seen the conveniently placed nail-pullthecover-thingy !
Imagine if you gave him the lumia 730, he would try to open it with an ax! (the cover comes off as easily as peeling a coconut with your bare hands..)

The truth is that iverge, cnet, wsj, etc. don't even try using it / seeing for themselves and feeling the experience. They instead carry the IOS/Android crosses on their back and expecting everything to work as it would on the OS they worship/ get paid from..

It is like reviewing an Aston Martin and saying "well it can't park by itself, while my BMW can, so I call it BS" sorry but this is an opinion and the worst part is that reviewers can direct their arguments on a certain point. So even if in reality WP (W10m) is just right for you, the non app dependent average user, those reviews WILL make you not even consider Windows mobile as an option.
I'm saying that from my own experience, and the strong propaganda I was under when I thought that WP is BS without having even trying it.
The reviews from people don't even consider to change their habits were so bad, that I thought they have to have some common sense..
Boy I was so wrong.. I tested WP without listening to any impulse and I instantly fell in love. No regrets whatsoever!

Therefore as a windows phone lover (it sound weird, I know), viewing reviews from established haters (meaning non level headed and biased creatures) feels like watching small children saying "I want to be a suicide bomber".
They are just WRONG. So, so, so wrong.

edit:

The best showcase on the 950 till this moment, is the video showing continuum from the level-headed-master, Michael Fisher from Pocketnow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2y1cKh-KXs

Pinecone1532

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I am fine last report that i saw was the the IOS apps are coming along very good with developers while they are having all kinds of issues with android ports. So IOS apps look better and devs seem to put more into those feature wise well before they provide it to the android counterparts so as long as the future says that at some point these ports are still on target who cares if snapchat isn't there or tinder come on access it through the web and pin it probably get more features doing it that way.
If only that's how it worked. Snapchat and tinder rely on their respective apps, there's no web version of them. Granted Tinder isn't an issue since 6tin does the job perfectly well, but the point still stands.

nokia4life

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If only that's how it worked. Snapchat and tinder rely on their respective apps, there's no web version of them. Granted Tinder isn't an issue since 6tin does the job perfectly well, but the point still stands.
Wow did not know if this, we'll that sucks let's hope with this app integration that this moves up time lines. In the past Wm users always gave me that feedback if the app is the there use the site and pin it now I see that this was really not good advice. Please excuse my ignorance as I am a returning user who left due to these reasons after the Nokia 920 launch. I have lots to learn before giving advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel